Awoo.
  • Dreadknux
    Message added by Dreadknux,

This is a series of personal blogs written by Dreadknux during the formative years of The Sonic Stadium. It chronicles significant events in the website's early life

Dreadknux's Diaries: Picking Up The Pieces

I now realise this month the importance of having a News Broadcaster on my site. No-one seemed to care when the 'Stadium had just started, but now that we've been offered Zifei's hosting based on our 'best site ever' vision, a News section seems like a pretty integral thing. I needed only one man for the job - Sonic_Hedgehogs. He had quit the site, but I could invite him back.

Luckily I wasn't too late - he had been offered loads of requests elsewhere, but he said he'd rather be nowhere else than the Sonic Stadium! I talked to Zifei as well, and he's still willing to help, as long as this vision of The Sonic Stadium (rather than SSNG) being the best Sonic site is still going to be slightly feasible. That, and I get some help. Admittedly, I can't maintain a site that has grown exponentially over two years by myself anymore. It's psychological suicide :P.

On the SSMB front, well, things went from bad to worse back to bad. When SSNG was launched, I changed the entire look of the MB and re-named it "The South Island Forum". Silly as I didn't notice, all the oldies of the board lost interest and went elsewhere. After a few weeks of figuring that one out, I put the old Sega Sonic Message Board look back. Some of the oldies have now returned, but I think they're shaken up... I don't think they know what I was playing at, and to be honest, neither did I.

To top it all off, Andy Wolan decided to radically change the 'ZRN Network - of which Sega Sonic Radio is currently hosted on. Not so anymore - this radical change means that only one Sonic Radio Station will survive. Despite having more listeners than the lot of them, SSR lost out to a Radio Station created by a senior member of 'ZRN. I was gutted. I thought I'd move back to Live365... until they started charging for the privilege. Even more gutted. Never mind. I enjoyed my time as a DJ for a Radio Station. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get back into it, but one day... when I got less stuff to do, perhaps...

Welp, I figured that the Sonic Site Awards wouldn't be as popular as it was last year (for most of my things, there's a quick and nice burst of popularity, but then later on it just gets less popular until I have to scrap it)... but I wanted the SSA to happen this year, so I merely delayed the event a week or two.

Some of the most popular pages on the Angelfire account have been edited to display 'The Sonic Stadium' rather than 'SSNG', but the place looks unorganised and a tip now. I've decided that with the new hosting that's imminent, it was time to make one last layout. The layout to end all layouts of this site's history. It would be perfect, as the site's 2nd Birthday is coming up, and it would mark the birth of new hosting opportunities.

The Sonic Stadium may link to retailers and earn a small commission on purchases made from users who click those links. These links will only appear in articles related to the product, in an unobtrusive manner, and do not influence our editorial decisions in any way. All proceeds will go to supporting our community and continued coverage of Sonic the Hedgehog. Thank you in advance for your kind support!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

This is now closed for further comments

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.