Awoo.
  • Iizuka Confirms Second Wave of Sonic Content in 2023, Beyond Frontiers DLC

What else could be coming..?

Every year, Famitsu published brief interviews with various video game developers on their hopes and plans for the coming year. This year, Sonic Team’s Takashi Iizuka was among the 141 devs interviewed, who hinted at what would be in store for Sonic in 2023:

This past year was the biggest year in Sonic history, including the release of the movie sequel, new titles Sonic Origins and Sonic Frontiers, and the Netflix animation Sonic Prime. We are preparing a second wave to keep the fans happy and maintain that momentum going into 2023. We already announced additional content for Sonic Frontiers, but there is a lot more outside of that, so please look forward to it.

So it sounds like there is a lot of unannounced Sonic stuff planned for 2023! We already know about a mobile Sonic game currently in development over at SEGA Hardlight. If anything else is coming this year, we’ll know soon enough.

Translation is Gematsu

Sonic News Tips Credit:
    MGA_Gamer

The Sonic Stadium may link to retailers and earn a small commission on purchases made from users who click those links. These links will only appear in articles related to the product, in an unobtrusive manner, and do not influence our editorial decisions in any way. All proceeds will go to supporting our community and continued coverage of Sonic the Hedgehog. Thank you in advance for your kind support!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 1/10/2023 at 9:43 PM, TheZekenator said:

Speaking on the IDW comics side of this. It would be nice to have an epilogue comic and a prologue animation (The Divergence animation was amazing!). This of course is just theory but to me it doesn't make sense to have a prologue comic/animation and not an epilogue. As far as this new rumored 2d Sonic game I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Reveal hidden contents

(Only for him to be destroyed by Sonic at the end)

Would the DLC cover that? Sega did hinted there will be new stories and playable characters. But if not, I would agree with you, I would like to see an epilogue comic.