Awoo.
  • SEGA Releases Playable April Fools Game, "The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog"

Cut down before his (next episode of) prime.

SEGA says they've listened to all of your feedback, and their response has been to murder Sonic. Well, at least someone has.

A day early for April Fools, but SEGA has released a new, free game today, The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog. The bizarre adventure game/visual novel sets the cast aboard the Mirage Express for an old fashioned murder mystery, with (as the title suggests) Sonic as the victim. You, Tails, and Amy attempt to hunt down the killer among the other familiar guests.

Though released as an April Fools gag, the game had been in production for a year, per producer Michal Shafrir (on Twitter), and features the work of Greg Batha (UI designer of Dream Daddy, Hero Forge, others) and artist DEEGEEMIN (IDW Sonic, Spark 3).

The game is available now to download via Steam. If previous promotional games are anything to go by, you may want to get it ASAP at the risk of it being delisted later.

image.thumb.png.c1b6af7cc9d5a33a876b12a503a42e82.pngimage.thumb.png.ae59e0be1bf7648b3ece5af1b0ab1305.pngimage.thumb.png.7722024e333d7ab0517a43fefc324755.pngimage.thumb.png.e641b921cf6eb55abf142c381343d2e2.pngimage.thumb.png.f96d962023c046de62ae63cd77e3c1f7.pngimage.thumb.png.00cb4746e8343d191c69ebb872fce633.pngimage.thumb.png.83239a68564d88ada824ef347a8d3fd6.png

Sonic News Tips Credit:
    Solister

The Sonic Stadium may link to retailers and earn a small commission on purchases made from users who click those links. These links will only appear in articles related to the product, in an unobtrusive manner, and do not influence our editorial decisions in any way. All proceeds will go to supporting our community and continued coverage of Sonic the Hedgehog. Thank you in advance for your kind support!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Rabbitearsblog

Posted

I just played this game and I really enjoyed it!  I just loved how all of the characters were being written, especially Shadow, and I loved the fact that we actually got a visual novel game for the Sonic the Hedgehog series.  I hope that SEGA would allow the Sonic social media team to make more games like this one!

• Thumbs Up 1
    • Nice Smile 1