The release date has been revealed for Sonic Mega Collection. The compilation will arrive on Nintendo Gamecube on November 12 in the US, and on December 19 in Japan. But more interestingly, the disc will come with two more Mega Drive games!
As you know, Sonic Mega Collection will come with Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic 3D, Sonic Spinball and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. But there will be two unlockables games - Flicky and Ristar. Yes, Ristar!
Apparently there WILL be TV commercials and artwork included in the package too - such as Hall of Fame - much like Sonic Jam once did. So, 'yay' for a worthy Sonic Jam-like title at least.
Various previews are saying that you will also be able to play as Knuckles in Sonic 1. YES! But, before you get too excited, no-one knows whether that means that you'll REALLY play as Knuckles in the game, or if these previews are simply referring to the Blue Sphere Special Stages game which appears when you lock-on Sonic 1 & Knuckles (where you could play as Knuckles).
Excited? Well, I am a tad. I mean, I have all of these games except for Flicky anyway... but in terms of the game structure, this is sounding better than Sonic Jam! The only problem is that Sonic Team could still stuff so much more on the disc...
That information in full, from EBGames...
- Two unlockable bonus games - Flicky and Ristar the Shooting Star
- Comes with Lock-on technology to allow players to play as Knuckles in Sonic 1,2, and 3
- Hidden secrets and unlockable Sonic material
- Customizable controls
- Sonic brand and history
- Rare artwork, TV commercials, and exciting animations.
- Elegant streamlined interface allows users to easily navigate the collection - huge variety of games and extras.
There are no comments to display.