Awoo.
  • Sonic Origins Plus Revealed: Playable Amy, Emulated Game Gear Games, New Box Art Shown

It's official - Knuckles in Sonic CD and Playable Amy is happening!

Well that didn’t take long.

Sonic Origins Plus, which has been the subject of two increasingly revealing leaks, has finally been officially announced. This new, expanded version of Sonic Origins will include playable Amy, add Knuckles to Sonic CD, add emulated versions of Sonic’s 12 Game Gear titles to the museum, and will also include all previously released Digital Deluxe content. It’ll release on June 23, in time for Sonic’s 32nd anniversary, and Sonic Origin’s own 1 year anniversary.

Sonic Origins Plus will release both physically and digitally for $39.99, with the physical edition including reversible box art and a 20 page art book. Current Sonic Origins owners can have all the new DLC for $9.99.

This announcement came via a trailer, which you can watch below:

Here’s a quick look at the physical packing, reversible box art and artbook from the trailer:

2023-originsplus-physical.jpeg

2023-originsplus1.webp 2023-originsplus2.webp 2023-originsplus3.webp 2023-originsplus4.webp 2023-originsplus5.webp 2023-originsplus6.webp 2023-originsplus7.webp 2023-originsplus8.webp 2023-originsplus9.webp 2023-originsplus10.webp 2023-originsplus11.webp 2023-originsplus12.webp

Sonic News Tips Credit:
    The Tenth Doctor

The Sonic Stadium may link to retailers and earn a small commission on purchases made from users who click those links. These links will only appear in articles related to the product, in an unobtrusive manner, and do not influence our editorial decisions in any way. All proceeds will go to supporting our community and continued coverage of Sonic the Hedgehog. Thank you in advance for your kind support!

Sonic Wiki Database: Related Entries

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

CrownSlayers Shadow

Posted

10 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

We've been asking for a lot of things for a while and haven't gotten them yet. Let us celebrate the W

Yeah, I know, I’m still waiting for the Egg Bosses (or just Conquering Storm 😛) to come back in decent capacity among other things.

Playable Amy just seemed like a given regardless after Mania Plus missed that opportunity, but somehow brought Mighty and Ray. I’m really not surprised at this point that they finally did it—you were gonna get it eventually.

• Thumbs Up 1

From Origin Plus' JP website:

*Some bugs and action behaviors have been fixed, and some specifications have been improved based on users' play reports.

The way they mention action behaviors makes me hopeful they went back to adjust the dropdash in the games (minus 3K)

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Soniman said:

I am illiterate when it comes to game dev terminology , what does this mean?

the pixels are fuzzy when outputting to monitors instead of sharp, which this engine has shaders for but arent being used properly

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/23/2023 at 8:55 PM, DaBigJ said:

From Origin Plus' JP website:

*Some bugs and action behaviors have been fixed, and some specifications have been improved based on users' play reports.

The way they mention action behaviors makes me hopeful they went back to adjust the dropdash in the games (minus 3K)

That's good to hear but I'll probably hold off until people talk about it in-depth. It has a chance to redeem itself, in my opinion. But only time will tell.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I waited for the Switch physical release since digital announcement so no hard feelings and take my money. Hope that next time we'll get 3D Origins Collection.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know what after watching this I'm glad I didn't buy origins when it came out. Very excited to play this when it comes out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Please say Chatoix and 16bit spinball are hidden unlockable extras for 100% Game Gear games completion and job done. 

Also, for laughs, please let Amy rescue Sonic in CD lol

31 minutes ago, DaBigJ said:

Good news for the fans of Sonic CD

This sounds interesting. Imagine a straight "break a wall" path through Wacky Workbench  lol

• Thumbs Up 2

I was ready to make peace with the inferior versions of the prototype tracks being kept in, but I was really holding out hope that at least the audio quality would be fixed. All of S3K being noticeably muffled is such a huge disappointment.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here’s hoping they consider the original soundtrack as DLC. Even if you had to buy each track individually.

It’s also odd that none of the Sonic Boom or Virtual Sonic tracks got added (to the US CD soundtrack), when the JP soundtrack got stuff from Japan-only albums added to bolster the tracks. Wonder if there’s any bias going on, or if there are rights issues. 

Maybe an option to use the Blue Sphere results for Super Sonic?