Awoo.
  • Build Your Demise as LEGO Reveals Death Egg Robot Playset

But more importantly, LEGO Cubot.

Though previously LEGO had shown off four of the rumored five sets that make up their upcoming Sonic the Hedgehog line, they only teased a final set in the trailer. Today, BrickFanatics reports the final set, Sonic vs. Dr. Eggman's Death Egg Robot (76993), has been announced via LEGO.com's Play Zone, including high resolution images of the robot itself, its accessories, the Dr. Eggman and Sonic minifigs, the set's small animals, and perhaps most vital to the set, a brick-built Cubot.

Toastergrl's original LEGO Ideas Sonic Mania pitch also included a Death Egg Robot build; however, it was never released in the final LEGO Ideas set. This version of big bot has a slightly more compact and rounded look, with spikes on one hand and a stud machine gun on the other. The design suggests that knocking it over reveals a panel in his... um... lower areas, that can be removed to rescue the animals.

While we don't have pricing or brick count on this set, previous rumors suggest it might hit somewhere in the $59.99 range (thus far, the rumor had been accurate to within $5 difference). The LEGO Sonic the Hedgehog sets will launch this August.

Also, the set has a LEGO Cubot. Did I mention this? I feel like it's a very important detail that can't be overstated.

Sonic News Tips Credit:
    sonicclaasic

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I do really love that squat little Eggman minifig, to be fair.

Man, I wish these came out when I was a kid, I'd have been ALL. OVER. THIS.

• Absolutely 1

45 minutes ago, Dreadknux said:

I do really love that squat little Eggman minifig, to be fair.

Man, I wish these came out when I was a kid, I'd have been ALL. OVER. THIS.

Same here as well regardless I don't know where to begin which to buy first from these new Lego Sonic sets when they come out In August. They all looked amazing.