Awoo.
  • Official Sonic Cookbook Leaked On Amazon

Get a Load of Eats!

An official Sonic-themed cookbook will be coming later this year, according to a leaked listing from Amazon. The book, which will feature writing from PixelatedVika and Ian Flynn, will feature such recipes as chili dogs and Dr. Eggman’s “evil cookies.” The book will release on October 17, 2023 and will be published by Insight Editions.

2023-cookbook1.jpeg

2023-cookbook2.jpeg

2023-cookbook3.jpeg

2023-cookbook4.jpeg

Sonic the Hedgehog: The Official Cookbook will feature more than 50 recipes inspired by characters from the series, all of which can be made within 30 minutes and span multiple skill levels.

The book has technically not been announced, since Ian Flynn has stated he can’t talk about it yet. We may be getting more info in the coming weeks once the book has been officially announced.

You can pre-order the physical book ($29.99) or the Kindle edition ($11.99) here.

Sonic News Tips Credit:
    Shiny Gems

The Sonic Stadium may link to retailers and earn a small commission on purchases made from users who click those links. These links will only appear in articles related to the product, in an unobtrusive manner, and do not influence our editorial decisions in any way. All proceeds will go to supporting our community and continued coverage of Sonic the Hedgehog. Thank you in advance for your kind support!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Was trying to figure out what makes the cookies evil, then looked closely and saw they've got some sort of fruit instead of chocolate chips.  Eggman really is an utter bastard.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've seen a few of these kinds of cookbooks show up lately. Great novelties for younger fans, but the recipes within are very generic. They just come from a pool somewhere and a few will have minor thematically relevant additions like "add yellow food colouring and cut out the middle of each cookie/biscuit to make rings". I mean, you can see it right there with the Blue Tea recipe. You can't really make Sonic recipe book and have it actually be relevant to the series in any way other than superficially. There's only so much mileage you can get out of chilli dogs. 

• Thumbs Up 1

What's kinda sad is Unleashed is swimming in potential recipes and every character pretty much has a trademark favourite food to work with, but I'll be surprised if they tap into those.  Maybe with Flynn involved, but it depends how much sway someone with his deep lore knowledge has over what recipes show up.

Of course it makes sense to have a good amount of crowd-pleasers with superficial Sonic connections.  I'm not sure if the average user of this book would appreciate an artistic interpretation of Canned Horror from Sonic Unleashed into something edible.  (Although, now that I read through a list of Unleashed's food... a lot of these ARE straightforward crowd-pleasers if one was to include them in a recipe book, so win-win actually).

1 hour ago, JezMM said:

What's kinda sad is Unleashed is swimming in potential recipes and every character pretty much has a trademark favourite food to work with, but I'll be surprised if they tap into those.  Maybe with Flynn involved, but it depends how much sway someone with his deep lore knowledge has over what recipes show up.

Of course it makes sense to have a good amount of crowd-pleasers with superficial Sonic connections.  I'm not sure if the average user of this book would appreciate an artistic interpretation of Canned Horror from Sonic Unleashed into something edible.  (Although, now that I read through a list of Unleashed's food... a lot of these ARE straightforward crowd-pleasers if one was to include them in a recipe book, so win-win actually).

So the "canned horror" is actually surströmming. It's actually what Unleashed says it is:

Anyway, the thing about Unleashed's recipes is that they're all generic and limited to just Unleashed, a game that's pushing 15 years old with no re-release. It would just be a whistle-stop tour of world foods, arguable even less Sonicy than mashed potato with blue dye. 

And I dunno. Do the characters really have trademark favourite foods? Sonic likes chilli dogs and some old text mentions that Knuckles likes grapes, but what else is there? What's actually established and relevant? The only other food I can think of is sushi that's purposefully bad. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Blue Blood said:

And I dunno. Do the characters really have trademark favourite foods? Sonic likes chilli dogs and some old text mentions that Knuckles likes grapes, but what else is there? What's actually established and relevant?

Now that I think about it, it doesn't really extend beyond the main cast.  Tails likes mint, Amy likes soft serve ice-cream and strawberry shortcake.  Shadow likes coffee.  You could do something with each of those.

I think my ideal would be a bunch of recipes inspired by locations or characters from the series.  Something like, at least halfway to the kind of stuff you get at a themed café like the Kirby café etc.  In my head I imagine something like a Lava Reef curry where you use seasoned chunks of potato as a topping to resemble the zone's iconic rocky terrain etc, but even that is probably too much of a deep cut for the target audience of this thing.  It's probably hard to come by a chef who's also a massive Sonic nerd who could split the difference well between references and actually appetising food.  (All of them being slight tweaks on established, reliable recipes though is reasonable and expected).