Awoo.
  • Papped: Yuji Naka Enjoys Pikmin

E3 is a long, hard, punishing show. So it's nice when developers get the chance to escape from the PR room and enjoy some gaming of their own. Sonic Team chief Yuji Naka was able to do just that at Nintendo's booth this week, enjoying a round of strategy game Pikmin.

According to Gaming-Age, which took some photos of the legendary developer just after he put down the Gamecube controller, "I was unable to talk with him at that time since he was being interviewed by a Japanese television show. It looked like he was enjoying his short session of Pikmin, Miyamoto's new innovative puzzle/strategy game. By the time I got the camera ready to shoot some pics he had already finished playing, but I still managed to get some of him in front of the Pikmin kiosks!"

Nice work! You can see some pictures below.

naka-pikmin2001-02.jpg

naka-pikmin2001-01.jpg

Source: Gaming-Age

The Sonic Stadium may link to retailers and earn a small commission on purchases made from users who click those links. These links will only appear in articles related to the product, in an unobtrusive manner, and do not influence our editorial decisions in any way. All proceeds will go to supporting our community and continued coverage of Sonic the Hedgehog. Thank you in advance for your kind support!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

This is now closed for further comments

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.