Awoo.
  • Yuji Naka Recommends Sonic Team Fans Stick with Nintendo

Confused? You probably are. But those of us that have a Sega Dreamcast, like me, are likely thinking about what console to get next. Seeings as Sega is currently not making any more consoles, the sensible option would be to grab the machine that has the most Sega support going for it.

Well at this stage it's hard to tell, but in an interview led by IGN, Yuji Naka, Sonic Team boss (and God in many people's eyes), has said to stick with the Nintendo GameCube should you be a full on fan of Sonic Team.

"Well, I can't make a huge generalization for all SEGA fans, but maybe if you're a Sonic Team fan, my recommendation is to buy a GameCube," he said. "That's a very difficult, but good question."

There's still a while before the Dreamcast kicks it - and with different Sega departments making games for different consoles (SmileBit are currently developing Jet Set Radio Future, but only for Xbox), things seem quite fragmented right now. But it seems that if you savour that Sonic Team flavour, bag a GameCube when your DC runs outta life.

The Sonic Stadium may link to retailers and earn a small commission on purchases made from users who click those links. These links will only appear in articles related to the product, in an unobtrusive manner, and do not influence our editorial decisions in any way. All proceeds will go to supporting our community and continued coverage of Sonic the Hedgehog. Thank you in advance for your kind support!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

This is now closed for further comments

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.