Awoo.
  • Yuji Naka to Receive Lifetime Achievement Award at GDC 2002

Sonic Team head and blue blur co-creator Yuji Naka is going to receive a lifetime achievement award from the International Game Developers Association, for the work he has produced during his career at SEGA.

This is great news for Sonic fans, as it means that the man who is best known for creating some of the most fun platforming games ever, will finally be getting the recognition he deserves. As well as Sonic, Naka also created Sega Saturn classic NiGHTS into Dreams and was responsible for Samba de Amigo and Phantasy Star Online for the Dreamcast.

He will be honoured at the Game Developers' Conference on March 21. According to Gamespot, Naka said, "I am honoured to be recognized by the IGDA for my life's works. My passion is games, and I look forward to many more years of creating new and innovative gaming experiences for a variety of platforms."

Source: Gamespot

The Sonic Stadium may link to retailers and earn a small commission on purchases made from users who click those links. These links will only appear in articles related to the product, in an unobtrusive manner, and do not influence our editorial decisions in any way. All proceeds will go to supporting our community and continued coverage of Sonic the Hedgehog. Thank you in advance for your kind support!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

This is now closed for further comments

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.