Awoo.
  • Elise and Merlina Go Head to Head in Latest Sonic Channel Isekai Poll

Silver gets Sporty.

The latest fan poll for the Japanese Sonic Channel's 'Isekai Ohgiri' fantasy artwork series has launched, and is currently asking the community which character they would like to see paired with Silver the Hedgehog - Elise from Sonic The Hedgehog (2006), or Merlina from Sonic and the Black Knight?

As with previous polls, the winning character will feature in a special art piece alongside a second pre-determined character (in this case, Silver). Both will be placed together in a surprising and interesting new scenario that fans will have never seen before.

Not many details are currently being shared as to what that Silver x Elise/Merlina scenario will be, but machine translation on Sonic Channel's social media post suggests a sporty theme, with Silver perhaps playing the role of coach.

This poll in particular is significant because both characters have only had minor roles in the Sonic game universe, and have not had much representation outside of their respective games since. Elise in particular has never had the 2D Uekawa-style treatment, so that might be fun to see. 

Fans have until Monday 6 March at 12:00 Japan time to vote for their favourite to win. Best of luck to all concerned!

Sonic News Tips Credit:
    Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon

The Sonic Stadium may link to retailers and earn a small commission on purchases made from users who click those links. These links will only appear in articles related to the product, in an unobtrusive manner, and do not influence our editorial decisions in any way. All proceeds will go to supporting our community and continued coverage of Sonic the Hedgehog. Thank you in advance for your kind support!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Merlina is by far the more interesting character design and better character as a whole. Not that either are amazing, but Elise is devoid of pretty much anything positive at all. She's incredibly boring. There's just nothing to say about here.

All that said however... I dunno. I'd actually like to see are of Elise and Silver. There's at least a bit of a connection there. I'm not particularly fussed either way, but my mind immediately went to Elise for this poll, not Merlina.

Posted

Honestly, I kinda like seeing interaction between characters that don't often get to interact. So, I was partially hoping that Merlina would win.

3 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Merlina is by far the more interesting character design and better character as a whole. Not that either are amazing, but Elise is devoid of pretty much anything positive at all. She's incredibly boring. There's just nothing to say about here.

All that said however... I dunno. I'd actually like to see are of Elise and Silver. There's at least a bit of a connection there. I'm not particularly fussed either way, but my mind immediately went to Elise for this poll, not Merlina.

Basically. Merlina is just more interesting and original. Elise and Silver actually interacted in their game, I would be curious to see that. But besides everything horrible concerning Elise, I would not be opposed to establish her in the canon in a better way, as the ruler of Soleanna and not as a love interest obviously.

Although these pieces of art are obviously just crazy what if stuff for fun, Infinite was used and he's dead, Tikal and Chaos... I don't think they would serve pizzas in the main canon.

Went for Elise because there is no official 2D art of her at all as far as I know. Merlina at least has Black Knight's cutscenes. 

I'm surprised that Elise is winning the polls. I guess some people are starting to warm up to her over the years.

Posted

1 hour ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I'm surprised that Elise is winning the polls. I guess some people are starting to warm up to her over the years.

The main draw seems to be that people want to see Elise in 2D art.

Yeah, I had to pick Elise since she hasn't had a single appearance in modern times. Merlina at least appeared in Runners.