Awoo.
  • High-Kicking Rouge Features in Sonic Channel's May 2023 Wallpaper

Wild, Cool and Groovy!

We're starting to see a bit of a pattern between the characters that feature on these traditional Monthly Wallpaper art pieces and the more intriguing 'Sonic Pict' series. Last month Silver appeared on both and for the month of May Rouge the Bat takes the spotlight, just like she has in the latest Sonic Pict story

52853474960_41672ff95a_k.jpg

Because Japan is about to observe Golden Week, a national holiday, these Wallpapers have come in a little earlier than usual, but it maintain the same high-energy and quality that we've come to expect from these stylish art pieces. Here we see Rouge kicking into high gear with a ferocity that can only be described as, 'Give Me My Jewels Back Energy'.

rouge-wall-mobile.jpg

Check out high-resolution Desktop and Mobile wallpapers on Sonic Channel's website, and find some details (machine translated) from Sonic Team's designer Tomoko Hayane on this piece below.

Unusually, it's a Rouge that feels intense and powerful! You can almost hear the sound of her beautiful legs kicking up.

Come to think of it, Rouge played a big role in kicks in her debut work, Sonic Adventure 2!

You even had a one-on-one battle in space with Knuckles over the Master Emerald. The exchange between Knuckles' powerful punches and Rouge's kicks was a heart-warming battle!

Rouge's mysterious and slightly sexy appearance is also attractive, but I think this kind of wild and cool scene is also wonderful.

By the way, it seems that Rouge is fighting with something in this wall illustration, but who exactly is the opponent that Rouge kicks so seriously? Is it a very formidable enemy, or is it a peer in the same industry aiming for the same jewel... I can imagine various things ♪

... Well, the latest game you can play with Rouge is Team Sonic Racing! Although there is no kicking figure, you can see the same mysterious charm and cool figure driving a racing car. Please give it a try!

See you soon! See you in the next wall illustration~!

Sonic News Tips Credit:
    Sonictrainer

The Sonic Stadium may link to retailers and earn a small commission on purchases made from users who click those links. These links will only appear in articles related to the product, in an unobtrusive manner, and do not influence our editorial decisions in any way. All proceeds will go to supporting our community and continued coverage of Sonic the Hedgehog. Thank you in advance for your kind support!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Love the Art, but the background text man… “Rouge the… Batt? 🤔

Have I been getting this wrong for a long time or is this simply a translational or  right -> left reading thing?

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Sonicka said:

Love the Art, but the background text man… “Rouge the… Batt? 🤔

Have I been getting this wrong for a long time or is this simply a translational or  right -> left reading thing?

No, I also noticed that.

Maybe it's a typo?

• Thumbs Up 1

spacer.png

It just looks amazing on my Android tablet and It really stands out as well love the art style as well.