Awoo.
  • Ian Flynn Teases Non-Game Sonic Superstars Project

Could a new tie-in comic be on the way?

IDW Sonic comic author and Sonic Frontiers story writer Ian Flynn has teased his involvement around the recently-announced Sonic Superstars. But, he’s not working on the game itself.

Writing on his personal social media channel, Flynn hinted that an associated project related to Sonic Superstars is in the works.

“For those asking: no I'm not involved with the game [Sonic Superstars],” the writer explained. “Nope. Not the game.” He added his trademark “Knowing Smile” phrase that suggests that something is going down.

What do you think it could be? Flynn has been involved in some game tie-in comics and other media in the past, most recently for Sonic Frontiers’ prologue comics. Maybe we will see a similar one-shot arrive ahead of Superstars’ launch?

Time will tell - but for now let’s have fun speculating!

via Twitter

The Sonic Stadium may link to retailers and earn a small commission on purchases made from users who click those links. These links will only appear in articles related to the product, in an unobtrusive manner, and do not influence our editorial decisions in any way. All proceeds will go to supporting our community and continued coverage of Sonic the Hedgehog. Thank you in advance for your kind support!
    • Fist Bump 1

Sonic Wiki Database: Related Entries

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Honestly I'd be more interested if an animated short were to accompany this game in the style of Sonic Origins' cutscenes. I admittedly don't read any of the Sonic print material these days.

Ian Flynn has been really busy recently I won’t mind a tie In of a one shot special comic of Sonic Superstars like they did with Sonic Team Racing or something like that.