Awoo.
  • Sonic Channel Calendar January 2023: Musician Shadow & Infinite

Going Isekai style.

Sonic Channel will be switching things up for its monthly calendar artwork for 2023. Introducing the “Isekai Ogiri” series, the new set of art pieces will place Sonic universe characters in new and surprising situations. For January, the stage is set for Musician Shadow and Infinite to rock the mic!

2023-schannel-calendar-jan.jpg

The official Sonic Channel posts state that these new artworks are intended to generate interesting discussion about how the Sonic characters would perform under each new scenario. For instance, what kind of lyrics would Shadow and Infinite sing to one another? There's also a connecting story for each piece, which you can read (in janky machine translation) by heading to the website here.

Every month throughout 2023, there will be a new art piece featuring two more Sonic characters doing something else out of the ordinary, with a little story attached. At the moment, there's no mention of whether these pieces will be accompanied by Desktop and Mobile wallpapers, but given this has been the tradition with Sonic Channel calendar art, we suspect it will happen for this January set rather soon.

Sonic News Tips Credit:
    Sonictrainer

The Sonic Stadium may link to retailers and earn a small commission on purchases made from users who click those links. These links will only appear in articles related to the product, in an unobtrusive manner, and do not influence our editorial decisions in any way. All proceeds will go to supporting our community and continued coverage of Sonic the Hedgehog. Thank you in advance for your kind support!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Sounds interesting! I notice that (according to machine translation) the series is titled ‘Isekai Ogiri’… wonder what the overarching story thread will be for this series.

Here’s a link to the Sonic Channel page about this:

http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/special/ohgiri/20221228_003113/

Usually the website updates it’s calendar section with the artwork but I guess that’s coming later this week.

Essentially entertaining the question "What if?!".

I love this, but I'd love it even more if they'd commit to this happening in the main world haha.

I forgot to mention that fans can vote one of the characters to featured on the next Calendar on the Twitter Polls

Fans voted on Infinite this round

For February, fans can vote on Metal Sonic or Blaze to appear with Amy for February

(Right now, Blaze is winning)

Monkey Destruction Switch

Posted

This is so weird I don't even know how to process it. I mean, it's cool, but...for this scenario to happen in an official piece of media, even if just a single promotional picture, is not something I would've predicted in a million years. Kind of funny and odd, but I like it, for the most part. But it feels borderline random, like it's based solely on the aesthetic of these characters rather than their, well, character.