Awoo.
  • Sonic Channel Reveals First Ever 2D Visual of Elise With New Calendar Artwork

The 'Queen of Ice' gets a skating lesson from Silver.

The fans have spoken! For the latest Sonic Calendar 2023 monthly artwork, the official Sonic Channel portal has drawn up a charming scenario featuring Silver the Hedgehog and Elise. It's the first time that Elise has been presented in a 2D art style, and she just looks absolutely adorable!

The piece is the latest in Sonic Channel's "Isekai Ohgiri" series that pairs up Sonic characters and re-imagines them in unique fantasy scenes. Earlier this month, a poll asked fans whether they would like to see Silver team up with Elise or Merlina from Sonic and the Black Knight - the Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 character won the poll with 50.7% of the vote.

2023-scalendar-april.png

As you can see, the 'sporty' event teased was a majestic ice-skating session around the land of Soleanna - with Elise in the role of "Queen of Ice" and Silver dubbed "a genius skating coach from the future". You can read the backstory to this fantasy scenario on Sonic Channel's website here.

Sonic News Tips Credit:
    Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon

The Sonic Stadium may link to retailers and earn a small commission on purchases made from users who click those links. These links will only appear in articles related to the product, in an unobtrusive manner, and do not influence our editorial decisions in any way. All proceeds will go to supporting our community and continued coverage of Sonic the Hedgehog. Thank you in advance for your kind support!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I am actually glad they didn't draw her in the faux-pixar style from Unleashed but instead opted for something closer to Sage. Very very very cute.

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, just surprised to see Elise, at all.

Figured they wanted to keep that book closed. Then again, she apparently had a cameo in Rivals 2 and Zero Gravity (never played either) so I dunno.

When I thought they were sorta rebooting Elise, I kinda expected a ruler in the vein of Princess Leia maybe or someone older, this is like Anna in Frozen 1. Not what I expected but kinda neat!

Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon

Posted

25 minutes ago, Sapphirine Wind said:

Interesting; they must have been itching to do a redesign/reformat of Elise.

Actually,  Elise won the vote.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like how most of the fanart that's come out of this either retains her height from 06 or draws her as a smol bean now, since the official art has her leaning towards the viewer making it hard to tell lol

Amazing art, super glad she made it through the polls for this