Awoo.
  • Tomoya Ohtani Teases Work on "The Next Chapter"

What could he possibly be planning...?

It seems like the back-breaking hard work Tomoya Ohtani has put into the amazing Sonic Frontiers soundtrack hasn't put him off from making music for a while, as he appears to be already working on some "cool new thing"! We wonder what it is...

ohtani-2023-tease.jpeg

The Sonic series sound director posted the above photo of himself in the workplace earlier today, with the phrase: "Working hard on some cool new thing. We are moving on to the next chapter." What a tease!

Thinking about what this all could mean, we have a few thoughts. He could be hinting at some new audio work for Sonic Frontiers (we are due some significant story DLC in the second half of this year, after all). Aside from that, the musician has been involved with the Sonic Symphony live show, which is debuting a World Tour in London and LA in September.

Or, and we're just speculating here, he could of course be talking about a new Sonic project entirely..?

No doubt we'll find out soon enough! What do you think Ohtani-san is working on?

Sonic News Tips Credit:
    Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon

The Sonic Stadium may link to retailers and earn a small commission on purchases made from users who click those links. These links will only appear in articles related to the product, in an unobtrusive manner, and do not influence our editorial decisions in any way. All proceeds will go to supporting our community and continued coverage of Sonic the Hedgehog. Thank you in advance for your kind support!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It could also be related to some kind of rehearsal for Sonic Symphony? I wonder if he will make the trip to London or LA this year... would be good to meet him! :wave:

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it’s fair to say now that he’s most likely working on the Sonic Superstars soundtrack? Maybe with Tee Lopes (I’ve seen him do some mega-heavy teasing on social about the music in this)?

7 hours ago, DaBigJ said:

But didn't that Fadel guy say it was chiptune-y?

Yeah but that doesn’t really tell us anything. Lopes has collaborated with Jun Senoue in the past on a number of tracks - some of those sound chiptune-y too (and some of them don’t, obviously).

Just fun to think about, I suppose.

I'd love it if Ohtani and crew got to work on a classic game using live recordings, but something about the timing of both announcements seems off to me, so I'm gonna temper any expectations till we've got something more concrete.

Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon

Posted

9 hours ago, DaBigJ said:

But didn't that Fadel guy say it was chiptune-y?

He described it as "Tee Lopesey".

4 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

He described it as "Tee Lopesey".

Yeah, as well as chiptuney too