Awoo.
  • Vanilla Wins Latest Sonic Channel Fantasy Art Poll

Will be paired up with Vector in upcoming 'Isekai Ohgiri' art piece.

The official Sonic Channel Japanese social account has completed its latest poll asking fans who they'd like to see in the next issue of its ongoing 'Isekai Ohgiri' fantasy art series - with Vanilla the Rabbit beating out her daughter Cream to feature in a new scenario with Vector the Crocodile.

According to the Sonic Channel social media post, Vector will be portrayed as some kind of 'detective' in the upcoming art piece, which will likely be completed and posted at the end of the month. The poll showed two emojis alongside the two character options, with Cream getting a 'spy' emoji and Vanilla a 'painting fingernails' icon. This may be a hint as to how the two characters would have been handled in the final piece.

It would have been nice to see Cream potentially run alongside Vector as a co-detective - like Batman and Robin - but Vanilla hasn't been represented much in Sonic media outside of a side role in the Sonic Advance games and some TV and comic media. This may be just one reason why she won the poll by quite a substantial margin - 70.5% to Cream's 29.5% result.

What are you hoping Vector and Vanilla's partnership is going to look like? Let us know in the comments below.

Sonic News Tips Credit:
    Sonictrainer

The Sonic Stadium may link to retailers and earn a small commission on purchases made from users who click those links. These links will only appear in articles related to the product, in an unobtrusive manner, and do not influence our editorial decisions in any way. All proceeds will go to supporting our community and continued coverage of Sonic the Hedgehog. Thank you in advance for your kind support!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon

Posted

I love how everyone pretty much has guessed Vanilla is going to win this one, for at at least two obvious reasons.

They aren't making some of these very competitive. Its practically guaranteed to be a landslide.

Honestly, you have to wonder if they are doing that w/ a motive in mind.

Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon

Posted

33 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

They aren't making some of these very competitive. Its practically guaranteed to be a landslide.

Honestly, you have to wonder if they are doing that w/ a motive in mind.

While Elise won the last one, it at least felt like Merlina still had a chance.

Cream has the obvious disadvantage both times. Infinite has sheer popularity against her and her mother not only has the "lacking in art" factor that Elise had for her, but gets shipped bigtime with the guy she'd be accompanying in the art.

Game was rigged heavily here. Not that I'm complaining for this bout.

• Thumbs Up 2

*Sigh* I'm glad Vanilla is getting some official art, most likely with a change of outfit for once. But I'm very annoyed that Cream's second chance in these polls ended in another loss 😑 Like, who's bright idea was it to pit Cream against her mother, to be featured with a character Vanilla is heavily shipped with? This was a guaranteed loss for Cream, and at this point they should just have Cream be the "constant" of an isekai and decide which two characters go with her. Cause clearly Cream isn't winning any popularity contests cause fuck her I guess.

Yea, they really did rig the game against her both times and even I'm noticing it now.

Cream would have to go up an even less popular  character for her to win I suppose.

I don't think it's a popularity problem... she's definitely more popular than Infinite and Vanilla. The problem is that she's missing a quirk that brings interest to people. Even just like Vanilla has the shipping with Vector, and Infinite had the whole "omg he's retired sega will never use him again, that's the only chance to get a new artwork of him".

Cream is going to become like Infinite soon, unless they decide to finally give her a prominent role in the next game. She will become a so rare character to see that at some point people might support her even just for the sake of bringing a forgotten character back.

It happens when the last time she got a decent role in a game was 2003, and has been absent or a useless cheerleader at most in the two decades after (I think this is just Sega's fault).

Like Big the Cat, she has potential to be a good supporting character, an NPC for minigames and side quests etc, even if not playable. Sega just can't use their character cast properly, that's all.

In conclusion, I'd like to point out that at the end, Vanilla is not Cream herself, but she's still part of her little world... Vanilla is Cream's mother, she will always be an extension of Cream's character even when Cream does not appear directly.

• Thumbs Up 1