Awoo.
  • SSMB Update: We're All Moving Boards Soon...

Let's face it, Ezboard has been fun hasn't it? We've had some quality chatting, some excellent battling and even some hilarious fluffing. But times change. People change... *SLAP* Ow. Ezboard is getting slower and slower by the minute (and I don't think it's by accident - stupid assholes want our money so bad...). I know because it even bogs down on my connection... and I have BROADBAND >_<

I've been looking for an alternative to Ezboard. However, don't be discouraged, the move will not be immediate, it's not as if I'm gonna suddenly shut off the greatest MB on the net, now am I?

But I think that Ezboard has had its time, there are greener pastures, if you will, that should deserve to continue the SSMB legacy forward.

I've been looking at the alternatives (I'm not going to settle for second best, trust me on this one - I'm getting a better board with much more features, if not the same amount of, as Ezboard, albeit faster and more efficient), and YaBB seemed good, if only I could find a bloody free host that accepts CGI >_<

So, I canned that idea for www.woltlab.de board. Soon I will have it ready, and I will give a link - there won't be all the forums there to start with - after all, it'll take some time before the legacy is regained in a new home - think of it as a BETA New MB, in which you can try out all the new stuff and get accustomed to it before the slow and gradual move.

Like I said, a SLOW and GRADUAL move - as long as everyone is content with this board, the two can co-exist together, but sooner or later I may have to speed up the process, if only a few people start coming to the Ezboard, and everyone else takes residence in the new one, for example.

I KNOW I'm gonna get a pounding from you lot AGAIN - especially Sonic Guy - but trust me, I know what I'm doing, and it won't be a successful move if I didn't know what I was doing.

The new BETA version of the SSMB will be online soon, and a link will be available as soon as. To get you started, only three main forums will be up - BETA Chit Chat, Sonic Battle Stadium (New Home, New Stadium ^^) and BETA Request forum and comments. As none of the other forums are quite as popular, they will all be moved across later on in the new board's life, as not to kill it off as soon as the new MB shows itself, see. 🙂

The only downfall with the new MB is that you have to be registered to post, which in all honesty isn't really much, I mean, it's good to be part of an MB TEAM, rather than just guest posting all the time eh? 😉

So, prepare for a more advanced Sega Sonic Message Board, the BETA will be arriving soon.......

The Sonic Stadium may link to retailers and earn a small commission on purchases made from users who click those links. These links will only appear in articles related to the product, in an unobtrusive manner, and do not influence our editorial decisions in any way. All proceeds will go to supporting our community and continued coverage of Sonic the Hedgehog. Thank you in advance for your kind support!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

TSS Classic Comment Bot

Posted

Posted By: Sonic Guy

:ezicon-exclamation_mark:  WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS JUST A DREAM!!!!! THIS IS JUST A DREAM!!!!!!!! IT HAS TO BE!!!!!!!!!!!

TSS Classic Comment Bot

Posted

Posted By: kiduf

Down with the new board. I'm free to manage the board if you do move it though. But, I don't like this idea, so it doesn't really matter.

TSS Classic Comment Bot

Posted

:ezicon-cry:

I can't believe this!!! I don't wanna move! We're fine just the way we are!!!

TSS Classic Comment Bot

Posted

Believe what?! I accomplished so much for this board, and now we gotta start ALL OVER AGAIN! That's kinda pissing me off!

TSS Classic Comment Bot

Posted

Posted By: Iris12

Jeez, if you're that worked up about this then why don't you start your own mb and create a legacy of your own there.

TSS Classic Comment Bot

Posted

This is where I made my legacy, and I want it to stay here. Besides, Ezboard isn't free you know.

I agree with Iris on this point. Nothing is going to happen to this board when (if) it eventually closes - it'll be archived for everyone to see.

Let's face it people, Ezboard is bog slow, and for those that don't like this idea, believe. At least Iris is kind of approving on this idea...

Really guys, I don't see the point in me even _having_ this board open half the time if all you do is criticise my decisions... I start the whole Sega Sonic Message Board Legacy, and this is my reward, for trying to make it more exciting. Jeez you lot, it is my board, and I do allow other's suggestions, but this is a bit extreme.

The only problem I've encountered so far with the new board is a logging in bug - I'm trying to fix it as I write this - if I setup the Beta board now, it'll only make you hate the idea even more then you already do, and I want to make a good impression.

Just trust me - you'll love the new board. Not only is it more advanced than Ezboard and faster (apart from the aggravating logging in bug, which only happens to be apparent on my new board >_<), but I have a lot more in the ways of control there - I can setup groups which separate members into teams (a Battle Stadium idea then springs to mind...), you get a novelty 'Level Up' attribute, depending on what you are (either a User, Moderator, Super Mod or Admin), and how many posts you have made.

And, it has all the features Ezboard has - html in posts, polls, html in sig, same colour scheme etc etc....

Now, I'm not saying that the move WILL happen, because now it seems I gotta find a decent hosting account (with the new MB, I have to host it on my own space... which ain't that bad, considering the masses of new stuff we can do with it), but a BETA board will be up soon regardless of your opinions.

If you really want to, the Ezboard will co-exist with the new board until everyone's settled in, but if I see no posting in the new board, then there'll be no Ezboard. I don't like laying down the law like this, but you'll force me to force you onto the new MB if that happens. For once, I'd like my own ideas happening on my own creations.

TSS Classic Comment Bot

Posted

Posted By: RBlake77

:ezicon-smartypants:

Dread, have you tried www.ikonboard.com? After some hacking around, it's very similar to EZ and YaBB. Best of all, it's free, and no pop-ups. And you can host it from your site. :ezpost-smile:

TSS Classic Comment Bot

Posted

I forgot to mention this, but....

...not only does Ikonboard support CGI capabilities, it's required your site have them. :ezpost-smile:

I see. Well, it looks like I have three main options.

• Woltlab
    • YaBB
    • Ikonboard

I'll keep you guys posted. ^^

TSS Classic Comment Bot

Posted

Posted By: MintyDreams7

:ezicon-smartypants:  meh

The best MB on the net already closed down *cries*

Anyway, good luck with the move, ne?

TSS Classic Comment Bot

Posted

Nah, I doubt this place'll close down, even if there's a new MB.

TSS Classic Comment Bot

Posted

I haven't had any experience on and Woltlab MBs, unless I did and just didn't know it. But I have been on Ikonboards and YaBB boards (my comic's forum is on Ikonboard), both are great. I think YaBB uses Perlscript.

UltimateBB is decent, but is nothing compared to the ones mentioned here, because they don't allow avatars.

TSS Classic Comment Bot

Posted

www.livingroomart.com/artcommunity

You'll have to scroll down a bit, it's near the bottom of the page. It can be directly accessed from the comic site, though.

TSS Classic Comment Bot

Posted

Damn, that MB kicks ass! I like the layout. *Hopes Dread picks this for his choice of a new MB*

TSS Classic Comment Bot

Posted

It took the admin a lot of hacking to get the board that way. It was worth the wait, though :ezpost-smile: The original Willowvayle started out as an EZboard, too.

TSS Classic Comment Bot

Posted

Really? Oh btw, I just checked your Comic Site. I like the weights one and the latest one about the flamethrower. lol

This is now closed for further comments

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.