Awoo.
  • TSS UPDATE: SSNG and Sonic Battle Stadium Season II Launch Dates!

OK, it's 'Announcement Time' with everyone's favourite echidna. Erm, yes. ^^ Right, first off: Sonic Battle Stadium Season II. Creation of the new season's rules are well underway and should be finished very soon. I'm hoping to launch the new Season next week - probably Saturday.

New things to expect in the battles: Items; Weapons; more Element-based battling; Battle Variations such as Team Battles and Sudden Death matches; Boss Matches; Item purchasing and Trading between fellow battlers; and even the opportunity to create a Battle Variation based on your own rules (as long as they are easy to comprehend, and don't stray too far from the basic rules).

I'm hoping to implement an 'Adventure' feature too, separate from the Battling part - it will give players Special Items when they complete the Adventures available, and is set more like an RPG adventure based on the SBS, rather than straight out battling (although the battling is key and the whole point of the SBS).

The best bit? I've successfully done away with the crappy Level Up System - this ties in very nicely with the Items system, which has been primarily implemented to replace it. More details when the new SBS is launched next week. Also, expect the actual watching audience to play a part in battles as well...

Sonic Stadium News Group

OK, the second announcement of the day/week/month/whatever. If you hadn't plainly noticed, there's a new Sonic site doing the rounds, and will be nearing completion soon.

That site is called the Sonic Stadium News Group (SSNG), and since our first announcement in February, you would not believe the amount of support for this new site! People have been offering exclusive stuff, advertising the site on their own website, and talking about it, saying that it could even crush Sonic HQ and TSSZ! I wouldn't go that far, but Andrew (Sonic_Hedgehogs) and I are hoping that you'll like it.

For those that do not know, SSNG is a collaboration between the two excellent websites - The Sonic Stadium and Sonic News. Open since 2000, the two webmasters decided to team up and kick some real ass - Zifei has even offered us webspace as soon as September, so we'll be moving with any luck from Angelfire as soon as we make a successive impact.

The date of SSNG is.... JUNE 23rd, as already announced. That means that Sonic's birthday will also be a time to celebrate the SSNG launch, and loadsa people'll be invited both here, and chat rooms to enjoy the supreme launch of it all.

Furthermore, with SSNG becoming the centre force for all of my creations as well (i.e. Sega Sonic Radio, Sonic Fan Club), the Sega Sonic Message Board will be, as of June 23rd, the OFFICIAL MESSAGE BOARD OF SSNG! Much like the Mobius Forum for Sonic HQ, only we kick ass.......... just joking, I like the MoFo actually. ^_-

But, that can only be excellent news for us lot - more and more people will start visiting SSMB, because it'll be directly tied to SSNG!

That's not all. June 23rd, if you recall, was the re-launch of the Sonic Stadium website last year, and with that, the launch of four new Sonic Stadium elements.

• Sega Sonic Radio
    • The Sonic Site Awards
    • The Sonic Fan Club
    • The Sega Sonic Message Board

So, not only will June 23rd THIS YEAR be the launch of SSNG, it'll also be the FIRST BIRTHDAY of:

• Sega Sonic Radio
      (Radio Station - http://listen.to/segasonic)

• The Sonic Site Awards
      (began in 2001, now coming back for 2002! The BIGGEST Sonic Awards ceremony on the net!)

• The Sonic Fan Club
      (the biggest Sonic Fan Fair online - home to hoaxes, Fan Games, Fan Fics, Fan Art and more!)

• AAAAAAND, SSMB!
      Take a bow, because on that very day it'll be the SSMB's first birthday, as well as the other three above, and you'll be a part of the launch and the birthday celebrations!

• Heh, also, it's my birthday on the 30th June... so many birthdays!!! ^__^

So...... prepare yourselves, as the SSMB will soon be entering a new era, an era with SSNG, and with its first year almost behind us, the future is certainly looking rosy.

I couldn't have been doing this without @Andrew P, so *salutes* I salute you sir! ^.^

Right, that's about it for the announcements - June 23rd, important date (SSNG opening, Birthday of SSR, SFC, SSMB and SSA), and SSMB = Official SSNG Message Board. Oh, and Season II of SBS.

The Sonic Stadium may link to retailers and earn a small commission on purchases made from users who click those links. These links will only appear in articles related to the product, in an unobtrusive manner, and do not influence our editorial decisions in any way. All proceeds will go to supporting our community and continued coverage of Sonic the Hedgehog. Thank you in advance for your kind support!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

TSS Classic Comment Bot

Posted

Posted By: YellowSuperSonic

Wow cool, I can't wait... For both...

So, there's going to be a shop topic to buy weapons and armor and potions and stuff???

TSS Classic Comment Bot

Posted

Posted By: Sonic Guy The Hedgehog

Sweet! But...erm...where did my Fan game Announcement go? :ezpost-frown:

Sonic Guy and I both talked about potential elements which may make playing better, and with a few of SG's ideas, SBS Season II is the end result. I just hope people aren't put off playing it when it launches because of the events happening in the last season... :ezpost-frown:

BTW SG, sorry I didn't tell you before - I moved your Fan Game announcement in Fan Stuff - because that's where that kinda thing should go. Great move on the fan game thing by the way :ezpost-smile:

I just hope people aren't put off playing it when it launches because of the events happening in the last season...

No matter what, I'll NEVER take part in the Battle Stadium season 2.

EDIT: I'll give season 2 a try.

TSS Classic Comment Bot

Posted

Well...

I guess you're gonna be missing out on all the fun, VG. Hey Dread, wanna be in my Fan Game? I need someone that resembles Knuckles.

TSS Classic Comment Bot

Posted

Posted By: Dark Metal Sonic

Woo-hoo!!!!

Alright! This is gonna be awesome!

Hey Dread, wanna be in my Fan Game? I need someone that resembles Knuckles.

Can I be part of it too, SG? I'll go check it out now...

TSS Classic Comment Bot

Posted

Posted By: NeonShadowKnight

I think I'll take part in this Battle Stadium. Sounds fun. :ezpost-wink:

TSS Classic Comment Bot

Posted

Alright, i'm making a new Post.

EDIT: Way to go VG!

Well, thanks for asking SG. Sure, I'd love to be in a Fan Game. It was only the other day that I saw myself in a hoax (see Sega Sonic Master's latest one, if she hasn't changed it already). I'm getting popular - oh god, I don't know whether I can stand the fame!!!! :ezpost-tongue:

Only Joking. Of course I can stand the fame! :ezpost-wink:

Joking about the fame thing :ezpost-smile:

SSM, I'm not bothered about the hoax, I was just flattered by it, that's all...

I should really get with finishing those rules....

This is now closed for further comments

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.