Awoo.
  • Sonic Prime 'Season 2' Premieres on Netflix July 13

Also, have a new image from the upcoming new episodes too!

Netflix has announced a release date for the continuation of its 'Sonic Prime' animated series. The ongoing series run - which is being dubbed 'Season 2' by fans - will premiere on the streaming service on July 13, 2023.

A new image has been released by the company, along with a synopsis reminding everyone of the overall plot of the show. You can see both below.

sonicprime2-new-image.jpg

Synopsis: The action-packed adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog go into overdrive when a run-in with Dr. Eggman results in a literal universe-shattering event. Desperate to piece his prime reality back together and save his old friends, Sonic races through the Shatterverse, discovering strange worlds and enlisting new friends in an epic adventure of a lifetime!

The first batch of Sonic Prime episodes launched on Netflix back in December 2022, and only contained eight episodes. We hope this next set of episodes is larger and fully fleshes out Sonic's journey across the Shatterverse worlds. For instance, how does Shadow play into the proceedings and how do the pair work together to help fix the broken dimensions?

We'll have a good couple months to wait and figure it all out. Who's excited!?

Source: Netflix

Sonic News Tips Credit:
    Shiny Gems

The Sonic Stadium may link to retailers and earn a small commission on purchases made from users who click those links. These links will only appear in articles related to the product, in an unobtrusive manner, and do not influence our editorial decisions in any way. All proceeds will go to supporting our community and continued coverage of Sonic the Hedgehog. Thank you in advance for your kind support!

Sonic Wiki Database: Related Entries

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks 🙏 for posting this looking forward to the next season. I enjoyed the first season after watching a few more episodes of Sonic Prime. I wasn't sure about Sonic Prime at first but after watching It more I truly enjoyed watching It more.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sheesh, 7 months is a long wait between batches. Still expecting the finale before the year ends, but if they keep this up, 2024 might not be out of the question either.

Should have released in June alongside the rest of the Sonic content imo

• Thumbs Up 1

Wish they'd just give us the episodes as intended with the true season 1. Drip feeding us 8 episodes is annoying tbh. Moving on from that, I hope to see the Chaotix in this show.

• Thumbs Up 3

24 minutes ago, juiceDpunk983 said:

Wish they'd just give us the episodes as intended with the true season 1. Drip feeding us 8 episodes is annoying tbh. Moving on from that, I hope to see the Chaotix in this show.

I agree what you saying about the 8 episodes Is annoying as well. And just the true Intended season 1 as stated like you mentioned. And again I would love to see other Sonic characters as well that would be awesome.

• Thumbs Up 3

I cannot wait for this new batch of episodes to release! I absolutely loved Prime when I watched it in March. I was certainly missing out on it! Also I want to see more of Shadow the Hedgehog in Prime, can't wait to see what he brings to the table!

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Jelis said:

Yay, I hope we see scourge or super sonic.

I would love to see Super Sonic appear in this show!  I think the only previous Sonic show that actually showed Super Sonic was Sonic X.

Animation can take quite a while to complete, even in these not so hand drawn days. Perhaps there's a question of money that delayed the release times.

Maybe. I also think it may have something to do with Netflix boxing themselves into a corner generally with their business model. The ‘unload all episodes at once for binge watching’ strategy is starting to hurt them more and more these days in terms of subscriber retention, while their competitors stick to the ‘one episode a week’ model… maybe this is Netflix’s way to help space things out and keep Sonic fans/kids on the hook while not exactly breaking their ‘binge watch’ mantra.

• Thumbs Up 2

I hope we can see more characters from the games in future episodes.

I would love to see the Babylon Rogues or Team Chaotix being part of an episode!

So we’ve just passed the ‘1 month to go’ point for the next batch of episodes. Should we realistically be expecting a trailer to drop in the next couple of weeks? I know Netflix does trailers for additional seasons of shows, but a bit unclear whether the next batch of episodes counts as season 2 or just more of season 1.