Time for a paragraph or two, I reckon.
Well, before that, just to get it out of the way... here's my terrifying form so that you don't need to be scared in the future.
...Sorry. I look silly, I know...
Right, time to begin. For real.
Hello. My name is Kasey... just Kasey. I'm a spotty-faced chap from Scotland, but I don't really consider myself to sound or "act" that Scottish. My life revolves around... er, being on computers all day, and occasionally writing down... little ideas that pop up in my head, usually incepted by listening to videogame music (...yeah, I'm not the coolest person around). Despite being a middile child of three, I'm taller than the rest of my family. In primary and high school, I was that one kid who was (unintentionally) the boring teacher's pet, and I never liked getting into trouble. Although that did mean I never got into trouble, so it's not all bad.
I'm always keeping to myself in my little room. Not that I don't enjoy going places and whatnot, of course not. I just like to relax and chill out, that's all. When I'm not typing up nonsensical drivel, I'm playing videogames (usually platformers and racers). I've only had one genuine real life friend throughout the years since childhood, but that's okay since he's the best.
I'd like to say I was some unique, revolutionary type of person, but instead I fulfill the tired cliche role of "quiet guy who gets easily nervous about everything" (if you're wondering, it's my two sisters that are the loud, arguing types). And as much as I hate to admit it, that likely affects the way I post. As of now, I barely post that much. I want to start posting more, but it can often be a little intimidating for me to pull off. This is unfortunately because I've never been all that confident in my words, and I often feel unsure about what to say, not to mention the constant fear of having your words be torn apart by others. Everyone else makes it look so easy, haha.
Everyone has their fictional characters that they obsess over too much about, and - if you haven't guessed by my avatar - I'm no exception. I have two actually: Sonic the Hedgehog's Dr. Ivo Robotnik (A.K.A. Dr. Eggman), and MLP:FiM's Fluttershy. They both... really mean a lot to me.
Oh, and I love orange Fanta and strawberry Yazoo. I also enjoy Cadburys/Galaxy/Kinder chocolate, almost too much. This isn't actually important, but therein lies the twist: nothing I said was important. Hohohoho.
So... I suppose I should put a few lists here. Here you go, I guess.
My Top Twelve-Disguised-As-Ten Sonic Games (Complete with Tacky Colour Usage):
10. Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic Adventure - Well, Sonic 1 was the very first game, so I respect it very much. As for Adventure 1, it may be a little aged just like it's successor, but unlike that game, I actually like this one. It feels for the most part like a legitimate Sonic game to me, unlike SA2.
9. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - It introduced Tails and the Death Egg. Double cool points.
8. Sonic Advance 3 - I had fun experimenting with the various team-abilities, and I liked the sort-of epilogue to Sonic Battle's storyline.
7. Sonic Advance 2 - It was the first Sonic game I ever played. Music Plant will always have a place.
6. Sonic CD - The level design might be a bit odd, but I don't mind it that much. And I really enjoy the use of contrasting scenery, since the (intelligent use of) green VS industrial theme in the series is one of the touches I always liked.
5. Sonic Advance - Meanwhile, this was the first Sonic game I ever saw, the X-Zone to be more specific.
4. Sonic Colours/Sonic Rush Adventure - The former for feeling so much like a Genesis/CD successor in all regards, and the latter for being a wonderful sequel to an already great game... And the robot pirates. Well, it worked in Rayman 2 and Mega Man & Bass...
3. Sonic Lost World (Wii U version) - I'm well aware that this game by it's very nature is a divisive one, but I personally love it. I got used to the controls and parkour relatively quickly, and while the game is definitely one of the more harder Sonic games, I was never full-on frustrated by it.
2. Sonic Generations - Fun remakes of past zones, lovely remixes, fun bosses, what's to explain? (I know the story might be small, but while I'm always up for a good story, I can tolerate a minimal one as long as the game itself is good and/or the characters are in-character.)
1. Sonic 3 & Knuckles - Loads of zones, loads of bosses, loads of replay value, my favourite Special Stages... I could go on and on about this game.
My Current Top Ten Sonic Characters:
10. Johnny - He only appeared in one game, but I think he's the best Gary Oak-type character in the series.
9. Vector the Crocodile - He's gotta pay da fuckin' rent.
8. Orbot & Cubot - The closest we'll get to game equivalents of Scratch & Grounder. And they're not Decoe/Bocue/Bokkun, so ten points for them.
7. The Deadly Six - Yes. All six of them. I'm unable to pick just one.
6. Blaze the Cat - Some may say she's just a Female!Shadow (or Female!Knuckles), but I think she makes herself stand out relatively well, and is overall just a great female character that I feel deserves her popularity. Incidentally, did I mention my friend loves Blaze?
5. Marine the Raccoon - I thought her australian slang was hilarious. Why did she have to be a one-timer? She even said she'd see Sonic and Tails again...
4. Tikal the Echidna - Er, I tend to have a knack for gentle hippie-types.
3. Rouge the Bat - Unfortunately, it's hard to explain why you like Rouge without making everyone else in the room knowingly chuckle and talk sarcastically the moment you mention her name.
2. Miles "Tails" Prower - He's not a cocky braggart like Sonic, nor is he a brooding anti-hero like Shadow. He's a soft, humble hero, and common though they may be, those tend to be my favourite heroes. And he also serves the "intelligent and mature kid" role, another character archetype I enjoy.
1. Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik - I won't bother explaining anything here, because chances are, about 95% of my posts will do the job just fine.
My Top Ten Favourite Antagonists:
10. Dr. N. Gin - The Crash Bandicoot series
He was the first character to introduce me to giant robots and machines, a favourite of mine.
9. Professor Padriac Ratigan - Disney's The Great Mouse Detective
Well it is Vincent Price...
8. Gaston - Disney's Beauty and the Beast
No one acts like a dick as well as Gaston.
7. King K. Rool - The Donkey Kong Country series
A.K.A. Kaptain K. Rool... A.K.A. Baron K. Roolenstein.
6. Judge Claude Frollo - Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame
This guy influenced a lot of what I enjoy in my antagonists.
5. Fawful - The Mario & Luigi series
He's basically Robotnik if he were a child. Therefore, he's exactly the same.
4. Ripto - The Spyro the Dragon series
He's like a more wizard-y Yosemite Sam. Even when he's happy, he sounds pissed off.
3. Sir Grodus - Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Criminally overlooked villain in my opinion. (Then again, I've always been strange with my favourites. I also like King Sombra...)
2. Bane - The Dark Knight Rises
I've always liked this Batman villain, but he finally, finally got the justice he deserved in this film.
1. Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik - The Sonic the Hedgehog series
Again, explaining this one would be redundant.
Things That Put a Frown on This Face:
-Excessive pessimism. (This is partly due to my own admittedly over-sensitive nature, so having things be all bitter and nitpicky 24/7 dampens things for me a bit.)
-Hypocrisy. (Unless it's for humor purposes.)
-The Unholy Trinity: Mephiles the Dark, Eggman Nega, and Scourge the Hedgehog. (Actually, I don't pay much attention to the Archie comics aside from Eggman, but Scourge still manages to annoy me nonetheless.)
-Bullies. (Rather obvious one, I suppose.)
-90% of Sonic fancharacters. And probably fancharacters in general, but mostly Sonic fancharacters, since I've seen plenty that are legitimately good but are constantly overshadowed by the latest Big-Tit the Angsty Hedgebatchidnawhatthefuck.
-Those who look at people like Chris-Chan and assume all autistics are like that. You know, giving us a bad image and all that. (Oh, right, I probably should have mentioned my own autism earlier, but it's somewhat difficult to bring up in a casual and non-"showoffy" manner, especially on the internet...)
-Those who judge you just because of what you like and don't like. And other similar judgements and scenarios.
-Those who don't realise you just don't have the time or energy.
-Those who dare to maliciously slander the two aforementioned humanoid+pegasus fictional beings that I hold dear to me. (Don't worry, I'm not that bad... I think.)
And many more that my one-track mind can't currently think of at the moment.
...Also, here's what to expect in terms of how gifted I am in regards to elegance, decency and taste.
One last thing, and I'm always saying this in the Status Updates: Never fear to send a Private Message my way should something ever be troubling you. It doesn't matter what's causing you stress or worry, what matters is that you're relaxed and content. I'm always here to listen, no matter who you are.
So that's it for now then. You can now progress to a more interesting profile than this one. I hope you enjoy the rest of this forum.