Mr Loopone reacted to Crow the BOOLET for a status update, You know I really hate being reminded that I'm nearly 30 and haven't done anything wo
You know I really hate being reminded that I'm nearly 30 and haven't done anything worthwhile every time I wake up.
Mr Loopone reacted to Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice for a status update, There sure is a lot happening near the end of march/ overall April area. There is tha
There sure is a lot happening near the end of march/ overall April area. There is that convention that Microsoft is supposed to be announcing all their Nintendo Switch stuff at. Atlus is planning a special Persona event, and the Ace Attorney trilogy for the umpteenth time is finally coming out to the west. Final Fantasy VII is coming to a cartridge based system.
Mr Loopone reacted to Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice for a status update, https://mobile.twitter.com/TeamYouTube/status/1098756348626403328 When oh when can we
When oh when can we replace Youtube with something that works?????
Mr Loopone reacted to Sonic Fan J for a status update, Morning SSMB. Still sick unfortunately but able to at least sit up and get online tod
Still sick unfortunately but able to at least sit up and get online today so that's an improvement.
In other news, it's snowing where I live which is fun being in a desert and all. Don't see it very often so it's kind of a cool (mind the pun) novelty. Been going on for about an hour now and have a nice quarter inch coating it looks like through the window.
Mr Loopone reacted to Crow the BOOLET for a status update, I come back to work and I see that Bowser finally took over Nintendo
I come back to work and I see that Bowser finally took over Nintendo
Mr Loopone reacted to Milo for a status update, With Iwata gone and now Reggie stepping down, this really does feel like an end of an
With Iwata gone and now Reggie stepping down, this really does feel like an end of an era....
(e: forgot to mention it's been said miyamoto's also been taking a backseat as well in regards to nintendo management, IIRC)
Mr Loopone reacted to JosepHenry for a status update, Okay I am almost sure that the cartoon will be classic, but if that's the case, can w
Okay I am almost sure that the cartoon will be classic, but if that's the case, can we have another location aside from Angel Island and more characters even?
Like have Studiopolis and introduce Honey in there working as a fashionista/fighter
Have Bean, Bark and Fang as minor villains
Bring back Tails Doll and Metal Knuckles and actually go all out with the "cursed doll meme"
Have an episode adaptation of SegaSonic and Knuckles Chaotix (without chaotix this time rip)
Mr Loopone reacted to JosepHenry for a status update, Holy moly this is probably my favorite artwork of her.
Holy moly this is probably my favorite artwork of her.
Mr Loopone reacted to Badnik Mechanic for a status update, You know. If the first reply in that sacrifice topic was just... "A Goat" It would be
If the first reply in that sacrifice topic was just...
It would be the most popular post on here by now.
Mr Loopone reacted to Dejimon11 for a status update, I do hope that Evening Star gets to make more games that aren't just Sonic.
I do hope that Evening Star gets to make more games that aren't just Sonic.
Mr Loopone reacted to Polkadi~☆ for a status update, Boost games should stop making the music all tinny. There are wonderful compositions
Boost games should stop making the music all tinny.
There are wonderful compositions being obscured by stupid effects for "immersion." Screw your immersion, let me rock out to these amazing tracks.
Mr Loopone reacted to DanJ86 for a status update, Okay, I thought of a joke, are you ready? *ahem* A Sonic Cartoon? I know, how about o
Okay, I thought of a joke, are you ready?
A Sonic Cartoon? I know, how about one based on Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine? I bet nobody thought of that yet?
End of joke.
Mr Loopone reacted to Sonic Fan J for a status update, Don't currently have any reactions or anything to contribute to any threads right now
Don't currently have any reactions or anything to contribute to any threads right now so I'll waste some time posting a tiny bit about myself for a change.
So, here's a weird fact about me that every time I've shared it has received stares of total disbelief followed by pretty much people calling me crazy including from my parents; I personally am of the opinion that flirting is rude.
It's hard to explain how I developed that conclusion but it dates back to my teenage years (mind I was homeschooled so I didn't have a lot of contact with people my age) and what I saw on TV, in the news, and just general interactions of people in public at the time around me. Everything I saw honestly was getting to the point that if I thought in extremes that I could have easily been convinced that men and women shouldn't even be on the same planet (go figure that I saw an anime like that once and of course the whole push of men are from Mars and women are from Venus routine).
I would not be surprised if no one is surprised that I've never had a girlfriend, though I've met plenty of women who are shocked about that as long as they don't know about my viewpoint on flirting due to how polite, courteous, and well mannered I typically am. Of course I always laugh about that myself since I treat everyone I meet (in person anyway since I seem to let myself get heated online) exactly the same; as fellow human beings and as I would prefer to be treated myself.
Anyway, since I wasn't contributing anything anywhere else I thought that'd be a fun little tidbit to share about myself since I am always going on about how strange I am or how different my viewpoints are and that is definitely an opinion of mine I've yet to meet anyone who hasn't considered me strange as anything for.
Mr Loopone reacted to Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice for a status update, 112 Updates since I was out of commission from being violently sick it turns out. Wel
112 Updates since I was out of commission from being violently sick it turns out.
Well, I'm back now.
First day grab in my feet, terrible weather and car trouble. Gonna have a heck of a time with that and getting caught up on work. Probably had some people worried. Sorry about that. Well,
I can still say my immune system won with a vengeance. And hey, might as well look in the bright side of things. I'm alive for starters.
Mr Loopone reacted to TheOcelot for a status update, Almost forgot. It's my seven-year SSMB anniversary today. I joined during the build-u
Almost forgot. It's my seven-year SSMB anniversary today. I joined during the build-up to Sonic 4 episode 2's release. Was exciting waiting to play a new 2d game, even though it was Sonic 4...
Even Futurama was still running back then. The good old days.
Mr Loopone reacted to Sonic Fan J for a status update, So I took the dive at @Kiah 's advice and attempted to sum up the rationale behind my
So I took the dive at @Kiah's advice and attempted to sum up the rationale behind my Rosy redesign as concisely and as briefly as I could. It's still over a thousand words long though so sorry for the length in advance.
A question I frequently get involving my Rosy redesign is why I opted for a leotard with the most common criticism being that it makes her look incomplete without shorts or a skirt. It’s kind of a long story in its entirety as to why and ties into the entire redesign on a whole but for the sake of brevity I’ll try to break it down by point by point.
Insight into a Redesign
Part 1: The Inspiration to Redesign
So first and foremost let me address the history points that made me want to try redesigning Amy.
· I’ve always preferred Amy’s classic design and wanted to see it brought back.
· While on a forum I saw a frequent complaint against Amy’s design was panty shots and a desire to have her redesigned to avoid them.
· On the same forum I had frequent arguments about rolling gameplay versus hammer gameplay with a common excuse for Amy not to roll being that she wore a dress.
· I was growing tired of the insistence that a hedgehog in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise should not be able to curl into a ball and roll, no less that a hedgehog should be deprived of their natural ability to curl into a ball to defend themselves.
The above points were the primary things that led to me wanting to redesign Amy to address my concerns as well as the concerns of others.
Part 2: Why a Leotard
Motivated to actually redesign her I needed something that would tie all of my thoughts on the matter together and also feel in character enough to be believable. A leotard proved the ideal starting place to me for the following reasons.
· The choice for a leotard had actually started long before any of the arguments that got me started as there had been a pic on DeviantArt with Amy in a white leotard that struck me in just the right way and stuck with me for a long time.
· As rolling was a major component of most of my arguments I found a leotard was an immediate visual cue that implied tumbling and acrobatics to which rolling and curling into a ball is a natural part of.
· As athletic wear a leotard is meant to be seen and to show off the figure in motion meaning that there would be no modesty problems like with a skirt.
· I found that a leotard simplified Amy’s design and silhouette and allowed her to better blend in with Sonic and Tails without being too busy. Or breaking SEGA’s need to have female characters dressed.
· Another benefit to the leotard design was the similarity to one-piece swimsuits which can be worn as a triathlon suit which fit for Amy being an adventurer going through numerous environments of which swimming was a part as well as running.
· Character-wise, Amy is supposedly a tomboy so a leotard would be slightly questionable on its own but I found her love of retro tidbits such as old cars and her go-go boots made 80’s leotard fashions something she would buy into.
· Originally introduced as an 8yo Amy is typically a little girl who is as a girly as she is tomboyish and I’ve seen many a little girl proudly run around in public after dance class in nothing more than a leotard so I found that to be something that a small girl like Amy would do as well.
· As a Phantasy Star fan back in the day I was aware that after the original all of the main heroines (Nei, Mieu, and Rika)
«image» (Sorry for the tiny pic)
wore leotards while adventuring and thought since Amy is supposed to be the main heroine of the Sonic franchise that it’d be a nice tribute to Phantasy Star.
So for the most part those are the primary reasons as to why I settled on a leotard and did not add shorts or a skirt to my redesign. The imagery of a leotard and everything it represents would be lost if I added garments that obscured it thus defeating the point of using one in the first place.
Part 3: Other Design Decisions
Obviously there was more to my redesign than just putting Amy in a leotard and all of those reasons tie back to making her look like rolling should never be a problem for her as well as making her fit aesthetically more with Sonic and Tails.
· For my redesign I brought back Amy’s original quills both because I prefer it and because it makes her look like a Sonic franchise hedgehog which makes it easier to believe that she can curl into a ball and roll.
· I changed Amy’s original back quill to a pair to match the other hedgehogs and also because I find the symmetry more aesthetically pleasing.
· With Amy’s eyes I opted to use her original shape as it felt softer and less aggressive which I felt better fit with her being cheerful and energetic.
· I changed Amy’s eyelashes from long and slender to a more bubbly, chubby, and blocky design inspired by the character Narugino Mikatan
from the anime Punchline (please don’t judge me, it’s a really good story) as I felt the effect was more childish and bubbly which better fit Amy’s personality and age.
· Another thing I brought back for my redesign was Amy’s original nose both for species consistency and also as I feel it balances out the weight of the head in the front with the quills in the back.
· Sticking with Amy’s modern hairband was to keep her design sleeker and less cluttered which was also the thought process for using her original bangle-less gloves.
· The white color of the leotard was inspired by the same picture that had put the idea of a leotard in my head in the first as the color contrast between the pink and white I found striking, but also to imply a certain degree of purity to Amy’s character as an optimistic Genki Girl.
· The puffy sleeves and collar of her leotard were taken directly from her classic design as again it was my preferred design but also to add some character to the design while making it easier to tell that she was wearing something. Additionally, the puffy sleeves tied into Amy’s girliness and brought that element back to her design.
· For my redesign I’ve taken to having her tail wagging to add a constant visible element emphasizing her energy and good cheer.
· Her shoes were inspired by her Olympic Game slippers for her gymnastic and swimwear as I both fell in love with the design and also because it tied back into the tumbling mentality of putting he in a leotard. The socks were added primarily to make her match Sonic and Tails and their aesthetic.
· Lastly, I chose to use her Rosy the Rascal name as I felt it better fit her playful and tomboyish nature as well as being a name that better implied that she would have no problems tumbling and rolling about as well as describing her constant disposition. Changing to using her Rosy name was also a way to differentiate my redesign from the Amy Rose that everyone normally thinks of.
And that on a whole is the basic rundown behind the thought process that gave birth to my redesign of Amy into my version of Rosy. I hope this as brief as I could manage list of points helps answer any and all questions about my design process and why I actively choose to leave her “incomplete” by not adding a skirt or shorts.
Mr Loopone reacted to Milo for a status update, I can't wait to see Sonic's Ass Racing beat Sonic Racing's ass this summer.
I can't wait to see Sonic's Ass Racing beat Sonic Racing's ass this summer.
Mr Loopone reacted to DanJ86 for a status update, Found a picture of Futaba and Morgana drawn by character artist, Kei. You might recog
Found a picture of Futaba and Morgana drawn by character artist, Kei.
You might recognise the style from characters like Hatsune Miku and the Vocaloids as well as the Sega Hard Girls.