Awoo.

Welcome Back to the SSMB

Dreadknux

Hi guys, you may have noticed that the SSMB as you know it is different. There's a reason for that.

As you may have heard from our friends around the net, we just endured a nasty server wipe. Our previous hosts, being the enlightened idiots they are, decided to tell us that the administration had 'cancelled' our automatic payments. The dodgy thing about that explanation is that there are only a few people that could have cancelled it and they didn't. So it was either a glitch on their end or they did it on purpose. I digress - the point is, after several warnings that didn't get received, the host decided to terminate our account rather than simply suspend it like human beings.

The result is that the SSMB is lost forever. There is no backup. This is the biggest kick in the nuts for me, as Roarey_Raccoon and the SSMB Admins/Mods have worked so, so, SO hard the last five years in making the forums the best they can be. We have to start from scratch. So I ask everyone to re-register and help us rebuild our awesome community. I know we can do it, we've overcome adversity like this together before. Let's show each other that a community can really stick together and rebuild after the worst of times! To the SSMB! :)

As you'd expect, because everything is truly gone, we have no SSMB skin to call our own yet. We were waiting on the next iteration of Invision Board - IPB3 - before starting work on a special skin for you guys, and because IPB3 is radically different to this version there seems little point in totally redoing our skins for the time being. I may find time to whip up a quick colour scheme or header in the very least, but that will occur over the weekend as top priority is to get everything back online ASAP.

I've used this dark incident as an opportunity to re-organise some of the forums and clean up the shop a little bit. So that's why things look a bit different on the board front page. Bear in mind that, where forums say that specific rules are adhered to, I've not found a chance to write them yet, so please be respective of those forums and not flood the Upcoming Games forum with shit topics on Black Knight, or talk about fluff for M&S Winter Olympics... some order of restraint is the best policy. Also, try not to break many rules right now, as we've only just re-opened and we don't want to be giving SSMB Staff a hard time. It's the last thing any of us want. Cheers.

As for TSS, we were luckier than the SSMB on that front. A backup from 13th February has been recovered, and while a lot of pre-wordpress content has been wiped forever, the Wayback Machine has provided a life-saving method of bringing back older articles to beef up the site again.

So, let's roll call! Who's here with me?

EDIT: I want to take this opportunity (as I was going to mention this on TSS' return, but it doesn't look like that will happen tonight) to give a big thank you to everyone who offered support, sent their best wishes and generally cared a lot for us during our downtime. Times like that prove that the Sonic community is tighter than silly drama and stupid quibbles, and we're all in this together, for the better. A big shout out to Sonic Wrecks and Kevin, whose Entherial Online couldn't have been more attentive and kind to those who seeked (... sook?) refuge in their forums. Retro gets a shout too, as does TSSZ - thanks for letting our updates get through Tristan, even though we didn't have a mainstream platform ourselves to voice our status on.

I'm here. It really sucks that everything was lost after years of hard work, and I wish the staff the best of luck with rebuilding everything.

Edited by Kevin
  • Thumbs Up 1

BlueFox/ShadowFox04, Ready and willing to do what's necessary.

Can't wait to help bring this place upto it's former glory, good to see so many of you back so soon.

Edited by BlueFox
  • Thumbs Up 1

A quick note from me whilst we're still in the early stages: Any old staffers who register please send me a PM so I know you're back and can re-add you to your rightful staff positions.

• Thumbs Up 2

A quick note from me whilst we're still in the early stages: Any old staffers who register please send me a PM so I know you're back and can re-add you to your rightful staff positions.

Well, I'm here now. Please restore me to my pedestal of power...even if it is just an upside-down milk crate for now. Really sucks ass that you're work has been undone Roarey, but hopefully we can rebuild.

T

Edited by T-Bird
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh man... This really sucks!...

But I'm still here and willing to start over. You can all count on me. :)

As dedicated fans as we are, there's no way this is gonna get us down. There were definitely worse things.

It's good that, since this happened, the Sonic Relief is close. I'll try to finish my drawing on time.

Cheer up, everyone. ;)

Edited by True Blue
  • Thumbs Up 2

That really sucks Dread, but I'm willing to do anything graphics related that you might need done. If you wanna see some of my previous graphics stuff, I helped make the header for Concept Mobius (I did the Super Sonic image that is on the main page, Airlight and I collaborated).

Shoot me a PM if you need any stuff man D:! I'll be more than willing to give a helping hand right now =)!

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's Gabz Girl, again.

It's such a shame really that all the old forums and the site itself have gone down the drain. Well, I'm just glad this forum is back a new one, a new start I guess too. *sigh*

• Thumbs Up 1

Whoa..What a terrible loss. :(

This was like a second home to me, and not just me, but all of us. I know things look bleak now, and there's alot of reasons and excuses we now have to throw in the 'ol towel...some of you may even think it's impossible that we'll ever get back to the way things were...but as Kamina once said: "Kick reason to the curb and break through the impossible!!" Guys, I'll do anything I can to help rebuild this place, you can count on it!!

Long live the SSMB!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Glad to see that it's back even though everything is lost.

Still, starting again is better than not. I#d really hate to see this place just vanish, one less awesome site to visit.

Good luck with the new board. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Yay it's back! My life wouldn't be complete without some forum to stalk. I really in awe at how everyone is pushing forwards despite loss and I think things will only get better =)

Just a quick word though, apparently Diz cannot access the forum :( He is getting link not found message. Is there any reason this could be?

• Thumbs Up 1

Rouge Fan is back! ... Not that any of you know me. Hopefully, I can use this forum rebirth as a chance to actually post around here. :P So sorry to here about the website and the message boards, you all truly did a fantastic job on the previous iteration and I have no doubt you'll do the same here.

Best of luck!

• Thumbs Up 1

@Pelly: Great to see you back! =)

DiZ's problem will go away eventually - most people may not even be able to see this forum right now. It's not a problem with the server per se, but rather the computer's browser not accepting the domain name's change in Domain Name Server. If you can, get DiZ to clear his cache/personal files on his browser, if that doesn't work then close the browser/use a different one. If none of those work he'll just have to wait it out for a bit unfortunately. No doubt many people will have the same problem, so if you're wondering what's going on in that regard I just explained it. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I've been lurking around TSS for awhile now, and I figured since everything was gone I'd go ahead and join.

So, er, hello. :blink:

Really sorry to hear about the server wipe. :(

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright lets get the TSS/SSMB Express Train rolling once again. Seeing I'm a DJ I will just play some Rocky Montage music to keep our spirits up :P .

• Thumbs Up 1

Ohhh, I just checked the main page and the members are quite literally rolling in~ That's great, grrreat news of course! <3

• Thumbs Up 1

A fresh start is probably the best option. Don't expect any intensive skinning to go on soon though guys since we don't really have any backups of our old ones and I for one will be pretty busy over the next couple weeks. :b

• Thumbs Up 1

Whatup.

Awesome, member #7. Two numbers better than last time.

Edited by Flint
  • Thumbs Up 1

SonicTailsKnuckles is here!

Damn, I'm not member 14 anymore. So sad what happened. But we shall rebuild. We shall persevere. I had a ton of memories of this forum.

• Thumbs Up 1

You guys need to sue. Like, seriously. IDK about you guys, but from where I come from that's referred to as "bullshit."

Edited by Strong Bad
  • Thumbs Up 1

Glad the SSMB is back and maybe a full refresh will liven this place up a bit. Also, there's the answer to my question I was gonna post tonight.

• Thumbs Up 1

So great so see all these members returning.

Now than, I wonder how far I can get away with my signature image, since I'm seeing some pretty big ones here. (And of course, if everyone else is doing it, it's all right! =D) I'm probably one of the few who's read the new and temporary rules. ;_;

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh man that sucks! I'm sooo sorry that everything's been lost :'( But then i'm sure this place will get back to grandeur, people love this place too much (Me included).

Well this is a fresh start I suppose. It could be interesting seeing this forum grow again especially given so many are avid posters.

• Thumbs Up 1