Awoo.

Welcome Back to the SSMB

Dreadknux

It's a sad thing in some (many?) ways, but I think it can also be seen in a positive light. One thing is that it's shown how many members we have here who are willing to stick it out through thick and thin for the sake of this community! It also gives all of us a chance to have a fresh go at making things even more awesome than before. Sometimes a clean slate is needed, even if there are some things lost in the process. What HASN'T been lost is the community spirit of =SSMB= ... I actually think that it's stronger than ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

What HASN'T been lost is the community spirit of =SSMB=

That is very important. The spirit is still alive therefore no matter how bad the wipe was, we will always have the Sonic Stadium's back. (Even though I never existed here before the wipe. =P)

• Thumbs Up 1

Heh, that's another odd effect... news of the 'disaster' seems to have attracted us some new members, too! Way-hey!

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think anyone was "happy" about it. The thing is as sad as I was about losing some comments/PMs and posts, I realized that there were a lot more people who had put a lot more time/effort/money/work into the site and are still here rebuilding it and trying to make everything back on track. I'm so surprised to see how the community had stuck together through this. It's really nice to see that for all the rep that sonic fans have for being petty and whatnot, that so many people are right back here and better then ever ^_^

• Thumbs Up 1

I had to come back to reclaim my name before it was stolen due to it's lack of originality D:

Sucks that all this happened. Reminds me of the Omega13a stuff back in the day, only this time it wasn't really an inside job as much as miscommunication and evilness on the server's part. I'm glad you guys are able to rebuild and all and I'm sure that I'll pop my head in every now and then, despite the fact I've not been around the past couple weeks.

• Thumbs Up 1

What HASN'T been lost is the community spirit of =SSMB= ... I actually think that it's stronger than ever.

Heh-heh, "The curse" is strong FlyBoy, stonger than I've ever imagined. :D The place is gone completely, and yet still, "The curse of the =SSMB=" is draggin' 'em all back. Not to mention the spirit we've got for the place- as you mentioned. =)

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

I had to come back to reclaim my name before it was stolen due to it's lack of originality D:

Now this is a post.

And I haven't been in here in years lolololol

• Thumbs Up 1

Ask nicely and someone might change it for you.

Please? :D

No, seriously tho. I can wait til things cool down.

CSS, if I had the ability to, I would restore your name for you. I think we owe our users the benefit of having their old user-names back. Once things are calmer, the admins might be able to do something, but they're gonna be a little busy for a bit.

No sweat Flyboy.

Having the old Message Board suddenly kicked offline is a bit more of a bother to me as well. All the ideas and communication in the topics now gone...

Although I can look at the bright side: I no longer member #5,869 anymore! I'm numbuh 338! :lol:

Lucky you.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSawnik
  • Thumbs Up 1

Heh-heh, "The curse" is strong FlyBoy, stonger than I've ever imagined. :D The place is gone completely, and yet still, "The curse of the =SSMB=" is draggin' 'em all back. Not to mention the spirit we've got for the place- as you mentioned. =)

Haha, I'd almost forgotten about 'the curse'. It certainly seems to be in effect right now!

Despite the barebones layout and rough-around-the-edges-ness of the current reincarnation of the board, it really feels like it's thriving again already. I have to say I'm impressed! You bring a tear to an old* man's** eye...

*24 is old(ish) in the Sonic fandom D: except kinda not.

**not a man :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Although I can look at the bright side: I no longer member #5,869 anymore! I'm numbuh 338! :lol:

*sings* I joined before you! I joined before you~! =D

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey! I may even post here more often!

Yet, there are some things that never change.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lucky you.

I've been demoted. I used to be #27. And yes, I am lucky. Actually there is a name filter preventing you from naming yourself after Sonic. I asked Roarey to fix that for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Never would have expected something like this to happen to SSMB. Two and a half years and the biggest problems were random hours when the server went down, and suddenly the whole thing is wiped D: Pretty dissapointing that I can't go and read my old posts or PMs, that was always fun.

At the same time, I'm somewhat glad that there was this "disaster". It's pretty cool to see how the community really is dedicated and how willing everyone is to restore SSMB to its former glory. And the idea of helping with that actually makes me somewhat interested in the place again, considering I've been only no more than five times this year. Nice to have the place back. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

The curse... I almost forgot it existed. Man, it's freaking strong.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'M HERE!

Oh! And theres just time to suggest that when TSS gets back on the horse, here is a quick banner I made for the occasion... call it a welcome back gift.

banner.jpg

I think I love you lol

that post was epic.

Edited by Mollfie
  • Thumbs Up 1

*sings* I joined before you! I joined before you~! =D

I joined after you.

I'm younger.

I'm hipper.

And I'm not aware of any curses.

• Thumbs Up 1

=D Yusuke aka...Yusuke here!

Dread, I'm here to help too ^^ If you need anything, lemme know.

SUPER POWAH OF TEAMWERK amirite? XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Twilight Spines Umpteenth member of the old SSMB

Man that was a huge let down....I was hoping something went wrong with the server but i didn;t expect this.

• Thumbs Up 1

I joined after you.

I'm younger.

I'm hipper.

....you win. T~T

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, please don't wish destruction on our newly restored sapling of a forum as it timidly but optimistically reaches towards the sun ;_;

• Thumbs Up 1

reaches towards the sun ;_;
...But when it reaches the sun, it'll catch on fire and fall to pieces and burn!
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was gonna say until something like this happens again...but this new host won't let us down so...I guess it wouldn't...

What if I ask someone to delete this account and I make a new one? Then I'll be younger and hipper than you~! 8D *bricked*

• Thumbs Up 1