Awoo.

Welcome Back to the SSMB

Dreadknux

Dartanian, present and accounted for! I got word from the IRC.

Welcome Back TSS!

Edited by Dartanian
  • Thumbs Up 1

Joiner signing in, and like everyone else, offering his condolences.

Like Dread, I don't like starting over, but at least it comes a reincarnation of the Stadium. (Much like a phoenix. Apologies for not being able to do anything but offer words and support at this point.)

Here's to a second coming of the Stadium!

• Thumbs Up 1

Awesome brah. Also, can we keep these original skins? All th colors and whatnot of the other ones are way to bright for me except the Dundee one, and I don't care for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's a good idea Indigo! =3

It certainly was nice of AAUK to let us go to Sonic Wrecks and stuff. We need to thank him loads!

• Thumbs Up 1

In reply to people enquiring about changes:

Not much will be done at the moment, as soon IPB, the forum software we use, will be updated to a new and very different version. Once we're up on IPB 3 then we can start looking at new features and what have you. For now though we're going to be bare bones. It sucks I know, it'll be a while before SSMB is back on top form, but stick with us and you can say you were there to see it back to its former glory XP.

• Thumbs Up 1

With regards to the issue of sueing etc, that's not really a possibility and revenge wont change anything either. Now's the time for pulling together and rebuilding what we've lost. I don't want to point fingers of blame, I just want to help revive SSMB :F.

Not a possibility...? >_> They blatantly charged you for a service and then failed to uphold it. $$$ would also be awsum for TSS because then we could get a non-stupid host...

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh christ. Well that explains a lot. This is going to take a long time to rebuild again. Oh well, I was getting a little sick of the checkerboard skins anyway. *shot*

How long ago did the site get fully wiped, anyway? Interestingly enough I was on the mainsite just hours ago and the frontpage was still there, albiet really slow, missing the background and the TSS wouldn't load.

Nothing would work for me a few hours ago around 5:00 CST. I should've known that there was something weird going on with the server of this site.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not a possibility...? >_> They blatantly charged you for a service and then failed to uphold it. $$$ would also be awsum for TSS because then we could get a non-stupid host...

Well we're on a new host now anyway :F. Sueing will mean court proceedings, legal costs, you know a lot of time and effort and for what. Nah, we'll leave that petty shit to American people, they're good at it XP.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good to be back!

I thought it was going to be a couple of months before we be back here. but its good we got someplace to go while everythings being rebuilt.

I miss my knuckles skin :(....

• Thumbs Up 1

If we were an organization I could see the reasoning behind bringing our old host to court - however in reality we're not, but are instead a group of regular people working together to run a Sonic the Hedgehog fansite.

Where exactly would the legal funding come from?

• Thumbs Up 1

Well we're on a new host now anyway :F. Sueing will mean court proceedings, legal costs, you know a lot of time and effort and for what. Nah, we'll leave that petty shit to American people, they're good at it XP.

I'm American!

wuts up roaree

• Thumbs Up 1

How ghay! D': I cannot believe that all the work that was put into the site all these years is gone for good. Really gonna miss all the old SSMB stuff, especially considering this was my first forum and I liked to look back on my old posts to reminisce every now and then.

Oh well. Starting over may not be so crappy, it is somewhat exciting. Like the start of a new journey, or something like that.

I always manged to stay this forum despite my lack of interest in that blue rodent. That ain't changing now.

Best of luck with the boards to all the staff people.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's a good idea Indigo! =3

It certainly was nice of AAUK to let us go to Sonic Wrecks and stuff. We need to thank him loads!

We should bring this up to Dreadknux. He'd be the one to know about this first I suppose.

Kev certainly has been through a lot. My idea entails a group image with characters representing our avatars or otherwise, aka, I'm Penguinator and Flyboy is Tails! We have our usernames or real names on the "card" and send it to him. And of course a small letter saying thanks. It's the best we can do, and of course give him some Chaos Cola!

Who wants to participate?

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

This FAILS...

Oh well at least we get a clean slate, right?

Good to see you Strong Bad, and everyone else

EDIT: oh crap I'm member number 64! YAY!!!

Edited by The Blue Dude
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was wondering what the hell happened. One minute I'm in the General Discussion forum making a reply and then 'POOF'. The forum's giving me 404 errors for nearly 3 days straight. Kinda sad that there wasn't a backup of the old forum (especially since I was particularly proud of that 'Matt Sullivan' topic I created among others), but glad to see that it's back up and running.

If anything, I think this is Dreadknux's board resolution for the new year coming true in more ways than one. A completely true, 'fresh' start. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Who wants to participate?

Me, definitely me! It will be fun!

But don't start work on it just yet, 'cos I'm going to bed now. I am vair, vair tired. Pew, what an exciting and interesting day. -.- Tata~

• Thumbs Up 1

Me, definitely me! It will be fun!

But don't start work on it just yet, 'cos I'm going to bed now. I am vair, vair tired. Pew, what an exciting and interesting day. -.- Tata~

Night Gabzy!

Methinks the community will be closer than ever.

So.

No Drama '09?

• Thumbs Up 1

Ken certainly has been through a lot. My idea entails a group image with characters representing our avatars or otherwise, aka, I'm Penguinator and Flyboy is Tails! We have our usernames or real names on the "card" and send it to him. And of course a small letter saying thanks. It's the best we can do, and of course give him some Chaos Cola!

Who's Ken?

• Thumbs Up 1

Well if that ain't a kick in the balls I don't know what is. It really sucks considering I finally racked up 1000 posts >_>. Good news is you're still online and receiving support.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dang! All that work on the old SSMB! I will really miss it. Sucks that we lost everything, but at least everyone is still together! =D

• Thumbs Up 1