Awoo.

Welcome Back to the SSMB

Dreadknux

That'd be, like, the opposite of helping...

shadowpissedk.jpg

shadowface.png

Edited by Commander Fun
  • Thumbs Up 1

shadowface.png

You'd think that image would have died with the forums.

But no.

...s-s-supersonic... hug...? ._.

• Thumbs Up 1

DogTagz is back in the house

As if the last few weeks of life haven't been hectic enough for me, now I gotta adjust to the loss of the old SSMB

EDIT: At least this is an excuse to give myself a new avi

Edited by Sega DogTagz
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hey guys, Spyne here. Sucks to hear the old forums are gone, but we can rebuild! We're just going to have to work extra hard to get back up to speed. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I'm still here, not that it matters much. I wasn't active much before the wipe, but I can get myself more active post server wipe.

As for one of the (I think it was) friendly debates earlier, I'm an American, and I think suing over something that petty is silly. Dread and the staff are doing the right thing by turning the other cheek. Much as I know they want to get back at those bumper butts, they know it's not worth the time for, how much cash? A couple hundred at the most? No, Roary's right. The best thing is to focus on getting this community back together and up to full speed again. Even if the person who pulled the plug on TSS doesn't like the site and or the people for whatever reason, rebuilding is the better revenge. On a new server the people who caused this problem can't get to, they can only watch and fume as we get going. And what do we do? We laugh at those stupid people. That's what we do. In the end, we get the last laugh by turning the other cheek. Which is far, far more fun in the long term. :lol:

P.S. To the mods, hope I didn't over step my bounds here. I don't often post for a number of reasons. ^^;;; Accidentally overstepping my bounds is one of them. Though, another reason to post more often, right? Can't learn what to stay out of, and what to get involved with, if I don't take a chance after all. If I did, I accept the consequences.

• Thumbs Up 1

Chibi is here, ready to give the new SSMB its daily dosage of Tokio Hotel! ;P

Also, if you guys need any help setting up again, I'll be glad to do it. This place is my internet home, hence it is special to me and I will do all I can to help.

Stupid server asswipes. XP

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey guys, Spyne here. Sucks to hear the old forums are gone, but we can rebuild! We're just going to have to work extra hard to get back up to speed. :)

True that, I'm up for some "real super power of teamwork!"

*H-bomb explodes on Indigo*

In all due seriousness, and to keep the idea going (since some people don't read the whole topic), I think we need to make a gift of some sort for AAUK for letting us stay at Sonic Wrecks for a while, and Dreadknux too, for working so hard for us. I'll post this every now and then so everyone gets a chance to have at this idea. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

As for one of the (I think it was) friendly debates earlier, I'm an American, and I think suing over something that petty is silly.

You're right. 5 years worth of hard work, dedication, history, and pure awesome deleted by people TSS paid money for hosting is petty.

but of course w/e it's Dread's decision and so far he hasn't said anything about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello everyone.

I wondered if there was something wrong with the site since I couldn't get on. I'm shocked the provider didn't store backups, that seems rather odd. It might be worth enquiring about some form of compensation even if you don't wish to go into court proceedings. See if they're willing to offer you anything for the inconvenience.

Just a suggestion.

Anyway good to see everything getting back on track. As far as I'm concerned the real heart and soul of the site was the members and community. If everyone we know and love is here that's all that matters to me. Still, I appreciate all the effort Admin's and other members go to to make the site something worth looking at. The old Sonic Stadium and it's message board were truly something to behold, especially considering the fact that it was built by fans.

Hope even more old members continue to re-join so we can all be back to where we were.

Be well all!

• Thumbs Up 1

Knux is here for anything, I just wish I was good code. Anyway, I just want to show my sympathy to Dread and all of the others who build TSS from the ground. I may not have posted for some time, but when I started up again, I remembered how much I loved this place. This truly is the only forum I go to period, and I really want to see this place get back to where it was. I can't do much as code goes, but if there is anything I can do just let me know.

I also need to tell Lenny about what happened, and hopefully he'll get back on.

• Thumbs Up 1

Coal here for my one-a-year return to SSMB, a little older and wiser. I guarantee only a few active members even remember me, or let alone care, but whatever.

I'm glad to see SSMB, and soon TSS, back up since I was worried for a while after noticing it went down with no apparent reason. Even though I don't post on the board, or even view it more recently, I still look at the main TSS page for any new information about Sonic.

I have to echo the commonly seen sentiment that is really sucks that no backup of the board existed, especially considering just how long this board has been up. We just have to work towards making this board even better than the previous one. Not sure I truly understand the situation around the termination of the account, whether it was an accident or on purpose for whatever reason.

In addition, I would like to offer some help to you guys since restoring the previous site might take some time depending on how much work has to be redone. I have a bit of website coding knowledge since my previous time of lurking the board, not nearly extensive or enough from what I've seen here, to be much of help, but I hope any help is better than none.

As a plus, my Member Join Number has risen considerably. That's something, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

¡Arrrrriiiba!

El Gran Gordo, resident Eggman fanatic, reporting in! Good to see the Stadium back up. Let's get the old community active again, shall we?

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey everyone its Twilight-Shadows for some reason I couldnt use my old name, not sure if anyone remembers me since I had been so inactive as of late. But that was only because I couldnt access the main site or the forum for quite sometime, I find it odd that now after the wipe I can. =/

Anyway its good to finally be back! : 3

• Thumbs Up 1

This reference has probably been used already, but it seems like this is what a post-nuclear explosion situation would be like, X_x. I just think it's weird that EVERYONE is starting over, not just me or something, O_o. Everyone is back to square one, it's just hard to imagine; especially with a place of this history, ;_;. So yeah, it bites that I lost my nice healthy music topic, but I'm willing to make the best of everything here and help where ever I can with rebuilding, =D.

In a way, it almost feels good, =o. It feels like everything can start off fresh again (well it has literally), everyone has a clean plate, ^^". I hope the best to all admin with rebuilding, and really hope your nuts get better soon Dread, XD. I know I'm not much, but never hesitate to hit me up for some help, =3.

I feel like a n00b, -_-.

-Blur

• Thumbs Up 1

Heh, for all the people talking about member numbers and such, I was like member 390824343 before on the old forums. Mine dropped to a pretty awesome number I have to say 8D. Am I the unluckiest member of the forum now though because of it!? ONLY TIME WILL TELL.

Also, cool beans to see you here El Gran Gordo! Tis me, Reikun from youknowwhere =D!

• Thumbs Up 1

Coal here for my one-a-year return to SSMB, a little older and wiser. I guarantee only a few active members even remember me, or let alone care, but whatever.

What up Coal! Long time no see.

My member number dropped by 4301. I don't particularly care, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's awful the site imploded like that. I came to realize how much I use it.

I was on Youtube looking for Black Knight gameplay, and seeing lots of us on there. Glad we're back up in some form.

I don't have many skills that could help a site relaunch after the TSS-pocalypse, but I'll be here in the community getting my chill on. B)

If there's anything I can do at ground zero, just call!

Edited by Badnikz
  • Thumbs Up 1

Atleast it's back in some form!

I also just realised that Dreadknux lives in my home town O_O

No, you live in Bath. We live in Southend :P Difference

I'm back and ready to roll :D Give me Admin (Or Mod :( lol :P) powahs and lets get SSN back on da show (Including refit once TSS and SSMB have been sorted of course)

Roareye Black.

• Thumbs Up 1

My laptop died just hours before this happened, so I've been sitting being bored on my Wii browser for the past few days wishing I had somewhere online to hang out lol. Glad it's finally back, albeit basic.

I wish the staff the best of luck in restoring the place, judging by how quickly a little variety of topics have sprung up it should take no time content-wise.

Do they have showers there? :P

Ironically, due to student residence only having showers, neither of us had a bath for the entire first year of living here, which was a bit depressing. P=

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

Arggh, Urtheart be back. Glad to see Dread being efficient.

Actually I'll take this time to remind all those who did sign up to E-on, the forums are still open, so go visit them once a week or so, it's always grateful for new members to spruce the place up.

Edited by Urtheart
  • Thumbs Up 1