Awoo.

Welcome Back to the SSMB

Dreadknux

It may be empty now compared to the SSMB of old but even from nothing you can rise from the ashes and make something so epic that the internet will tremble from the amount of greatness to be emanated from this forum, so here's to the rebirth of the stadium!! May it become as epic, and even more so than before!

• Thumbs Up 1

I just joined about a week before the server deletion. Can't believe I missed this place for so long. Wish you guys luck with a complete revival of the site.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh boy, this is terrible, but I'll do what I can to help you guys out. But it's times like these that show how much people in a community care for each another.

Good luck to everyone !

• Thumbs Up 1

This is Shade-Hedgehog here I can't believe this happened. I have been trying to access this site constantly while it was down.

• Thumbs Up 1

James "JJ4eva" Maloney reporting for duty cap'n.

I can't believe this has happened, infact I'm appalled that they didn't try and get in contact with you since they should have had more than one form of contact details.

However, because of this, you may be able to take them to court for this, make a bit of cash off them and move to a better server eh?

~JJ4eva

~SSR DJ

~It's good to be back.

• Thumbs Up 2

That is a total shame that there was no backup for the forum, thought there is a reason why people say "live and learn".

Now we know that to next time, if in case that happens again. But hopefully it won't happen again.

And yes this feels like one of those topics that you HAVE to message something.

Edit: By the way just wanna ask one thing and that is how much space does SSMB and TSS take?

Why, because it is interesting to know how much space a website can take up.

Edited by Tailer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wow... all of a sudden I just randomly went to SSMB (I usually do every day out of habit, even after it went offline) and its here! Sucks that this has happened. You guys really may want to learn to back up the database more often, and not only that, but the files, as well. I myself have all my files right on my computer and then upload them, and I try to backup my website's database regularly.

Anyway, Ultima's back! ...and I'm in the top 5 posters anymore... Damn... Oh well. I'll never make up that post count again, but I'll deal.

• Thumbs Up 1

Kernel Machinegun is here.

I saw that something was going on what with TSS giving me connection problem messages. But I didn't expect it to be THIS bad.

Best of luck to the moderators and administration.

• Thumbs Up 1

'Been quite the long time since I was here last. Sucks to here about that server wipe, you just can't find a reliable host these days...

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, I know haven't posted here in... years. But I was on a SatAM forum I recently joined, where I heard the bad news. The general response to what's transpired here over at that particular forum (which I shan't name) was not exactly polite or remotely mature. Indeed, it was to the effect of "where's the champagne?" I certainly can't say the same for many of those people, but I'm personally glad to see that this place is doing its best to recover and I wish the staff best of luck in that department.

I may not have been here in a while, but I did enjoy (most of) my time here, so I'd be very sorry to see anything bad happen to it. Still, If anything, this recovery proves that communities are made up of the people in them, not the website or forum they share. As long as there is a cohesive community that cares enough, your recovery will never be in question.

Edited by Eon
  • Thumbs Up 1

hey dreadknux. It's the sonic underground album guy. Glad to see this thing back going again. I thought after many,many glitches and errors,

the old machine had finally give up the ghost. well...i guess it did but hey, we back. hope my friends get back too.

• Thumbs Up 1

This server wipe is a huge loss for everyone....but we all know the Sonic Stadium and SSMB will go back to its normal self within at least a month.

Sonic Stadium's previous host sucks, no one should ever sign up with them. :/

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn, this sucks. Dark Mits here. I was more of a lurker than an active poster. I have faith we can make this place what it was an even better. Because we'll use the SUPER POWER OF TEAMWORK!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm here. Sorta. Right now I can only access SSMB from behind a proxy/fake IP. I'm not sure why. It's slow as heck, so I won't be posting much until I can access the forum from my normal IP, but I'm just checking in to let ya know I'm around. Great to see so many people back here already! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll have a much lower member number, and lower post count (closer to all the oldies xD) so thats all well and good...

But i'd rather have old TSS anyday.

Also. Gday.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow..glad to be back! I'm sure we can use this as a chance to rebuild TSS/SSMB for the better! :) So..Let's get moving!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm here. Sorta. Right now I can only access SSMB from behind a proxy/fake IP. I'm not sure why. It's slow as heck, so I won't be posting much until I can access the forum from my normal IP, but I'm just checking in to let ya know I'm around. Great to see so many people back here already! :D

YAY Flyboy's back. good luck getting your stuff back going. Tryin to post myself

back together too.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was wondering what the hell happened... Man, that is bull****! How can someone do this to SSMB?! Anyway, I'll do my part to restore SSMB to its former glory!

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't suppose anyone has any ideas as to why I can't load SSMB from my regular IP? It's odd... it's almost as if my normal IP is blocked. I've tried everything I can think of. Different browsers, clearing all data, rebooting, reinstalling browser, updating... NOTHING works except for hiding behind unblocked.org's proxy. Which is slow as heck and throws pop-ups at me every 5 seconds ;_; Halp!

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't suppose anyone has any ideas as to why I can't load SSMB from my regular IP? It's odd... it's almost as if my normal IP is blocked. I've tried everything I can think of. Different browsers, clearing all data, rebooting, reinstalling browser, updating... NOTHING works except for hiding behind unblocked.org's proxy. Which is slow as heck and throws pop-ups at me every 5 seconds ;_; Halp!

All I can suggest is to give it time; it's a DNS problem apparently. There'll be a lot of other people who can't access this yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well at least in 5 years we will all be looking back and saying, "Hey remember when we had to use a temp forum."

• Thumbs Up 1

man... that's rough. I wish all the admins and mods the best of luck in getting it all back together and give them my support.

• Thumbs Up 1