Awoo.

So SatBK was released recently.

Sonime

Eugh, no.

No offense to SonAmy fans, but a pairing would be a VERY bad idea. The series doesn't need canon romance, and not everyone likes that pair, so it'd probably just lead to tension. :/ Implications are all fine and dandy, but making it canon is er...yeah.

Also, am I the only one disappointed that the It Doesn't Matter remix was based on the SA2 version? :c

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperStingray

• SuperLink

• Indigo Rush

• Ryan Brown

That doesn't really sound entirely believable to me. o.0; Sounds like there's way too many extras in there! And noone's mentioned it before.

Also I thought Percival's theme wasn't Vella Nova after all? Ah who knows.

Lol you don't believe me? Well it's good to be a skeptic (I'm one as well) but methinks you should take comments in the SSMB more seriously than in other forums. I wouldn't lie about this; I was shocked myself when I entered my first legacy level.

Ooh! I forgot something else. Everyone here keeps talking about the "It Doesn't Matter" acoustic remix that plays during the fan-art videos, but has anyone noticed the acoustic version of Tail's SA1 & SA2 theme song that plays in the blacksmiths shop? At first I thought it was Bridge Zone from Sonic 1 GG, but once I listened to it for a few minutes it clicked for me.

Jesus Christ, I'm loving the music in this game. Can't wait to find the Sonic Medal that'll give me "What I'm Made Of" now that Aqualash has mentioned it. Could you tell me where to find that, as well as the Gawain?

Since everyone is talking about the plot, I must note that

Merlina attempts to create an eternal world by destroying the castle and overruning the world with demons. That's not an eternity I'd want to live in. As for moral ambiguity, it sure runs high. During the battle, he replies to something Merlina says with "Like I said before, I don't mind being the bad guy some times". That's also, coincidentally, my favourite line in the game.

Perhaps they should have called this game "The Dark Knight and the Black Knight"?

Props to anyone that got the Batman reference.

Eugh, no.

No offense to SonAmy fans, but a pairing would be a VERY bad idea. The series doesn't need canon romance, and not everyone likes that pair, so it'd probably just lead to tension. :/ Implications are all fine and dandy, but making it canon is er...yeah.

Also, am I the only one disappointed that the It Doesn't Matter remix was based on the SA2 version? :c

There's one based on SA1 before the transformation sequence

Merlina attempts to create an eternal world by destroying the castle and overruning the world with demons.

When did they say that?

When did they say that?

Uhh, it SHOWS it in the second CG scene. She blows up and transforms the castle and sends up a fireball that corrupts the sky, presumably letting in more demoknights and giving her the power to make everything eternal. Come to think of it, the Merlina twist doesn't make all that much sense when you really think about it. Seems to have been done just for shock value.

Er. It sounds similar to the SA1 It Doesn't Matter, but that's not really the same as an actual remix. :c Merp, I always preferred that one to Adventure 2's.

Uhh, it SHOWS it in the second CG scene. She blows up and transforms the castle and sends up a fireball that corrupts the sky, presumably letting in more demoknights and giving her the power to make everything eternal. Come to think of it, the Merlina twist doesn't make all that much sense when you really think about it. Seems to have been done just for shock value.

If you notice, early on there's a bit of foreshadowing. She was brooding early in the game about how short life is with the rose and everything

Also, Legacy stages ftw! If you don't know about them yet, they are unlockable missions that make the game just like the older 3D Sonics. Rings spread around the stage, bounce spring and accelerator pads abound, and flying egg-pawns (can't remember their actual name) litter the stage just waiting to be homing attacked. God damn, I just wrote a pretty sentance right there! Beating these levels can net you a world ring; collect all seven and you get a new song in the gallery! It's the Crush 40 version of "Seven Rings in Hand", so if you've heard it before I don't know if you'd bother to find the rings like I've been. Unfortunalty, of the five legacy stages I unlocked, only three of them five me world rings. I was just about to look this up on gamefaqs when I came to this site to post this.

That's all for now!

Sorry if this has been asked, but how do you unlock those Legacy stages?

It's Knuckles' SA1 theme? Damn...and I'm the one who prefers his SA2 version. <.>

You're not the only one XD

Sorry if this has been asked, but how do you unlock those Legacy stages?

Just keep beating missions until you unlock one. First I found was the... don't remember the name of it. The level with all the bright green grass. After I beat the the "Complete the stage without taking damage" mission, it unlocked it for me. Once I beat that, it unlocked the legacy levels in the castle and mining town levels. I still need to get that five star in the mining level, damn it.

Also, I think the legacy stages are only found in the Knights Tale levels (aka the first half of the game). I could be wrong, however.

Has anyone found all of the seven world rings yet? On gamefaqs the people seem to be confused on whether it is the Crush 40 version of "Seven Rings in Hand" that is unlocked for getting all seven or the Bently Johns remix that has been confirmed for the vocal CD.

Has anyone found all of the seven world rings yet? On gamefaqs the people seem to be confused on whether it is the Crush 40 version of "Seven Rings in Hand" that is unlocked for getting all seven or the Bently Johns remix that has been confirmed for the vocal CD.

The Crush 40 version is what's in the ADX rip

Thanks for the confirmation, Aqualash. Now I won't feel so bad about not collecting all the world rings, ha ha!

You're not the only one XD

Agreed. It's weird that they don't recognize the 2nd versions more. I think they used the SA1 version in a different game, but I forgot which one.

I had to comment about Sonic and Amy's bit in this game. Without the dialogue, it really looked like Sonic was trying to make a move on her, based on the expressions alone. So it was weird that there was little being said, like they didn't want to give Sonic a witty comment to match his expression that might lead to show he's got a thing for her. Also shows that when Amy is a normal girl, Sonic wouldn't mind being with her. Probably why he's got a thing for Blaze, but she's too distant for him.

Damn. I finished the game today, and I must say... it friggin' rules.

Anyone else here think the fight against Merlina was epic? Also, lol at Amy basically attempting to murder Sonic after the credits for forgetting their date.

Quick question from me...

I've seen most of the cutscenes and the final boss battle now (I haven't got the game yet), but

how does Sonic get back to his own world? Is it explained? Is it like Secret Rings, where it's just "Sonic kept on running and eventually got back home"? I've seen the Sonic/Amy ending cutscene where he explains what happened but how does he actually get back home?

It's been bugging me, it has. :huh:

Nah, it never explains it.

One moment he's like "OMG IM DA KING?!?!?!", then after the credits, he's back in his world.

Edited by Lukar

About Knuckles SA2 theme...

I actually really disliked it because it was far too hip-hop for me, whereas the one from SA1 felt more jazzy. 8D; It had rap still, but also had a nice background music track.

Edited by Mega

I actually really disliked it because it was far too hip-hop for me, whereas the one from SA1 felt more jazzy. 8D; It had rap still, but also had a nice background music track.

It all depends on your music tastes. I have nothing against hip-hop in and of itself, so long as the lyrics don't blow (unlike 99.9999% of mainstream rap)

Knuckles's second theme had a right soulful feel to it, and was my favorite Sonic song for a long time (Gee "What U Need", thanks for eroding that!)

Completely agree. I like the jazzyness of the original, but the whole thing in SA2 is rap, it makes the jazzyness hard to hear. :(

It didn't show the castle being destroyed. It was crumbling, but it was still there throughout the rest of the game. And I didn't see a single demon there. And the twist WAS foreshadowed.

Edited by SuperStingray

Actually...

If you happen to get lucky and get the item "Gawain's Medal" and equip it to Knuckles, during most normal kind of stages the music will change to the awesome jazzy theme, =D.

I'm sure someone has asked this, but has anyone been able to get a hold of a ripped soundtrack yet? This music is too epic to pass up, D=.

-Blur

Actually...

If you happen to get lucky and get the item "Gawain's Medal" and equip it to Knuckles, during most normal kind of stages the music will change to the awesome jazzy theme, =D.

I'm sure someone has asked this, but has anyone been able to get a hold of a ripped soundtrack yet? This music is too epic to pass up, D=.

-Blur

I think only one person ripped only KOTW from the game itself.