Awoo.

So SatBK was released recently.

Sonime

Mixed reviews everywhere, and it's coming out this Friday!

I know I'll be paying half and half for the game, but I still don't want to be dissapointed and stuff.. >.> Brr, I'm worried now.

Well, you can be disappointed with it. But because you may have a strong high interest of Sonic, you may overcome the look of the gameplay.

To be honest, before I played it - I didn't want to play this game at all. But yeah after you start playing it, you may be glued to it for a long, long while. But it's not better than Unleashed I can tell you that now...

Edited by Spicylicious

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperStingray

• SuperLink

• Indigo Rush

• Ryan Brown

I finally unlocked the three other knights for play in the story mode itself, and I have to say that they were mostly a disappointment. Everything they did was something Sonic could do better. Sonic moved faster, and his attacks seemd a little stronger (to me). And, he can move forward more while attacking.

I don't bother trying to change styles; so far, I've only leveled up cavalier and paladin style one time each, and I've gone through the rest of the game keeping the default knight style. It works for me... and I really don't see that much of a difference between the styles. Knight's worked just as well for me as the others.

Personally, I loved every moment of it. =D

The false credits are Epic win. I think SEGA rick rolled us in their own way. XD

I also love the music, all the remixes are fantastic, and the gameplay rocks.

I also loved the fact, at the end of the credits SEGA makes a shout out to the fans, saying they appreciate us. That was nice of them, nice to know they're thinking of us.

I love the fact they're getting involved in the community, the fan art contest was so cool! I know a few that had their art entered. =D

Edited by Trixie The Fox

Also: I like how they put songs from some retro games into the battle mode, even if the multiplayer does suck,

The general positive responses from the fans here have convinced me to get it.

I will probably get it on release then (Thursday)

It didn't show the castle being destroyed. It was crumbling, but it was still there throughout the rest of the game. And I didn't see a single demon there. And the twist WAS foreshadowed.

PLOT SPOILERS:

Are we playing the same game here? The castle crumbles and a big spire comes out of the middle, spreading out like a flower. If that's not the defenition of "destroying a castle", I don't know what is. And by demons, I mean the "Knights of the Underworld". And as for how I can guess the came from Merlina as well, we never saw the stronger enemies like the spider-ones until after she had destroyed the castle.

I'm not saying the twist wasn't foreshadowed, I'm saying it's hard to explain. What the hell kind of power does the sheath of Excaliber have anyway? I thought it was just supposed to give eternal life, not destroy castles and turn someone into (basicaly) a monster. THAT'S the part of the plot I don't understand. Ya think Amy would have warned about that kinda shit.

PLOT SPOILERS:

I'm not saying the twist wasn't foreshadowed, I'm saying it's hard to explain. What the hell kind of power does the sheath of Excaliber have anyway? I thought it was just supposed to give eternal life, not destroy castles and turn someone into (basicaly) a monster. THAT'S the part of the plot I don't understand. Ya think Amy would have warned about that kinda shit.

Merlina also had magical powers. I figure the power that you would need to make something give Eternal Life, combined with the power of a Witch, BOOM things EXPLODE.

PLOT SPOILERS:

Are we playing the same game here? The castle crumbles and a big spire comes out of the middle, spreading out like a flower. If that's not the defenition of "destroying a castle", I don't know what is. And by demons, I mean the "Knights of the Underworld". And as for how I can guess the came from Merlina as well, we never saw the stronger enemies like the spider-ones until after she had destroyed the castle.

Only the top part was destroyed. If you look in the last cutscene, the majority of it is still there. And Merlina explained early on that the sheath had corruptive power.

Well like I said earlier in this topic. I'll see what happens. Who knows? I might actually really enjoy it. And then only because Knux is playable. ;D

Also: I like how they put songs from some retro games into the battle mode, even if the multiplayer does suck,

But I don't get it, how does it suck? What is the multiplayer in Black Knight like anyway? I don't think anyone here has really gone into detail about it. O-o

I never actually played the multiplayer since it can't use CPUs so I can't really say anything on it.

What is with you people and lacking extra peripherals? XD

Am I the only one who maxes out all his controllers/accessories when he buys his systems?

Well like I said earlier in this topic. I'll see what happens. Who knows? I might actually really enjoy it. And then only because Knux is playable. ;D

But I don't get it, how does it suck? What is the multiplayer in Black Knight like anyway? I don't think anyone here has really gone into detail about it. O-o

Multiplayer is basically a free-for-all deathmatch game. There are different types of battle modes, you can choose from Phantom battles, Goblet battles, battle the giants or Survival.

I only did survival so far. You need to be the last one standing before time runs out. Your characters have special unique powers. If you and your opponent(s) were still alive when the time runs out. Then it comes down to the number of hearts you and your opponents have. DX

Multiplayer is basically a free-for-all deathmatch game. There are different types of battle modes, you can choose from Phantom battles, Goblet battles, battle the giants or Survival.

I only did survival so far. You need to be the last one standing before time runs out. Your characters have special unique powers. If you and your opponent(s) were still alive when the time runs out. Then it comes down to the number of hearts you and your opponents have. DX

The multiplayer has more frustrating waggle than the Adventure mode, and it's a bit awkward fighting from a top view with swords, and it's easy to get trapped in corners and get stuck.

It's a bunch of shaking, and the only strategy, for the most part, is to time your finishing moves (using Soul Surge, etc.).

Oh yeah I completely forgot about the frustrating waggle we have to keep doing in those modes. Btw, still no online play. Sonic Team has yet to make a game on the Wii for online play. DX

Oh yeah I completely forgot about the frustrating waggle we have to keep doing in those modes. Btw, still no online play. Sonic Team has yet to make a game on the Wii for online play. DX

Same with most other developers. The only game that I've played that has decent match-making online play on the Wii is Mario Kart Wii (and arguably Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but it was still horribly laggy.)

Edited by SuperStingray

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry to bump this topic, but I just have something to say concerning Merlina as I looked at some spoilers. >.>

If Merlina is so Goddamn evil then surely she's not related to Merlin. I have a feeling she was probably lieing and is actually the daughter of Morgan le Fay, an evil sorceress. She could also be lieing about her own name, as Merlina, to me, sounds very unoriginal.

Well, that's what I think anyway. =]

I personaly like the game, the controls were better than secret rings in my opinion also i like the saword fighting and boss battles

Sorry to bump this topic, but I just have something to say concerning Merlina as I looked at some spoilers. >.>

If Merlina is so Goddamn evil then surely she's not related to Merlin. I have a feeling she was probably lieing and is actually the daughter of Morgan le Fay, an evil sorceress. She could also be lieing about her own name, as Merlina, to me, sounds very unoriginal.

I don't think she was evil as such, she just loved the world she lived in and never wanted it to end, I mean nobody wants to die. She went about it the completely wrong way but I think she had good intentions...

Antagonist =/= Evil. Merlina only had the best of intentions. Besides, family relations have nothing to do with good and evil. I'm sure there are many examples of that. *cough*lukeIamyourfather*cough*

Well, Merlin did create the illusion of King Arthur, so maybe Merlin (when he lived) was secretly plotting to do the same as Merlina tried to do.