• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperStingray

• SuperLink

• Indigo Rush

• Ryan Brown

Maybe he meant Sally The Acorn.

She's a secret character and the 20th member of the round table. From the FUTURE.

Edited by SuperLink

What an intresting thread. I'll take advantage of all the attention this thread is getting.

Game spoilers...

When you face Lancelot for the second time, how do you win the sword locks? No matter what timing I try, I can't win the sword lock.

When you face Lancelot for the second time, how do you win the sword locks? No matter what timing I try, I can't win the sword lock.

You waggle.

Just kidding... I don't know... sorry. :(

...something tells me Phos is referring SatBK as SatAM. It would make

some

sense... maybe because both had chili dogs?

SatAM is classic Sonic, this automatically makes everything he does in it (and therefore Unleashed) as holy as the Sonic Bible.

No, I'm saying that Sonic's moveset in Unleashed is similar to capabilities he's portrayed to have in SatAM.

Oooooooooh man.

In SatAM, Sonic needs a power ring to spin

In SatAM, Sonic can't boost.

In SatAM, Sonic... why continue.

Sonic has the same capabilities in Sonic X, AoStH and Underground. You may as well say that. Why... why are you using a cartoon to justify your argument? Are you really that out of ideas?

...you make no sense.

From what I've seen, Sonic uses the ring to accelerate to full speed, and allows him to beat enemies easily (so basically, the boost). The way he jumps around in SatAM (particularly while spinning) also looks a bit like the homing attack.

And SatAM includes none of the things that I like Sonic's universe for.

Edited by Phos

Yeah, I hate Mary-Sues too.

But seriously, Unleashed isn't SatAM, and who cares if you don't like the stuff in SatAM? I don't like the stuff in Metroid Prime compared to 2D Metroids, but a lot of people still like them. So what? They ruined the Metroid series for me, but no way am I gonna spoil that for everyone else by telling them it's outright wrong.

From what I've seen, Sonic uses the ring to accelerate to full speed, and allows him to beat enemies easily (so basically, the boost).

Yeah. He does that in Sonic X, too. Plus, the ring + boost thing was used before Unleashed...? Sonic Advance 2... 3... Rush... Rush Adventure? Games that you say are good because they follow the original formula...? Helloooo?

The way he jumps around in SatAM (particularly while spinning) also looks a bit like the homing attack.

Oh, I see what you mean! Duh! Of course! Sonic spins when he jumps. I never noticed that. Oddly enough, the way he spins when he jumps looks a lot like the way he does in...

Sonic 1

Sonic 2

Sonic 3

Sonic and Knuckles

Sonic Spinball

Sonic 3D

Sonic 1 (GG)

Sonic 2 (GG)

Sonic Triple Trouble

Sonic Chaos

Sonic Blast

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic Heroes

Shadow the Hedgehog

Sonic 2006

Sonic Advance

Sonic Advance 2

Sonic Advance 3

Sonic Rush

Sonic Rush Adventure

Sonic Rivals

Sonic Rivals 2

Sonic X

Sonic Underground

AoStH

PS: It's not. When Sonic spins in the western cartoons, he's a flat buzzsaw. In the games, he's a sphere.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

EDIT: Crap, Phos, you've actually succeeded in making me bitter today. That's hard to do.

Edited by Indigo Rush

Um guys, I think we're going slightly off topic here. Why are we arguing about SATAM? ^^;

Sorry... I lost control. :unsure: Normally I don't get snappy in my posts like that.

SatAM came up when one thing led to another, which is funny because it had nothing to do with the Black Knight, not even to the game that it was being compared to in the first place.

Not sure where this falls in line, but I know this was a subject a few pages back, for a couple of 'em.

My take:

HellfireComms did a good job discussing the new-school vs old-school in one of the Sonic 2006 playthrough video's. Not sure if it was during Silver's story or not but.... I really liked their view on that subject. It was everything I could have said and better, since they've played the older games, while I haven't/can't beat the first level or two in ANY of them. -feels so pathetic-

SatAM...? Why SatAM? SatAM isn't even relevant to a discussion on the games.

Honestly, I'm gonna buy this game anyway. I loved Secret Rings, and considering the love/hate division on this game, I'm expecting to like this one.

Yeah. He does that in Sonic X, too. Plus, the ring + boost thing was used before Unleashed...? Sonic Advance 2... 3... Rush... Rush Adventure? Games that you say are good because they follow the original formula...? Helloooo?

Advance/Rush are are about as similar to the the classics as Unleashed (except for Advance 1, which is similar to the classics, though a bit lacking in terms of level design).

Specifically: Advance 2 has a definite emphasis on speed over variety (and a bunch of random extra abilities), Advance 3 is massively different, Rush could be described as "retroactive Sonic Unleashed 2D"

And sorry if I made you feel bitter. I'm a bit bitter at Sega over this mess of a game.

And sorry if I made you feel bitter. I'm a bit bitter at Sega over this mess of a game.

ARGUABLE mess, mind you. This game's quality is so subjective it's not funny.

Got the game a few hours ago, and I like it, even though you can tell that everything was based off of Secret Rings. My only complaints are the swordfighting (Honestly, I have no clue how to do epicly awesome moves- I just swing the Wiimote like crazy) and the fact that it takes awhile to beat Lancelot and Gawain.

Okay, I'm getting confused about the SatAM/Unleashed connection here. This is what I'm getting:

Rings = Faster top speed at almost anytime

Boost = Cut through most enemies like paper

Homing Attack = "UFO"-like aerial movements

Ah, but wait a minute:

Spindash = Faster top speed at almost anytime

Spinball = Cut through most enemies like paper

Air Spin/Shield Abilities = "UFO"-like aerial movements

It's pretty much just the same formula with different execution.

You wrote off my opinion as "bitching", even though I bothered to give reasoning and examples, subjective though they were.

I'm beginning to doubt there's a difference. Glad you're seeing the subjectivity though.

ARGUABLE mess, mind you. This game's quality is so subjective it's not funny.

As most other Sonic 3D games are.

And, yeah, I'm having trouble with the sword lock too.

Edited by SuperStingray

SatBK's story is painfully bad.

Sonic is the real King Aurthur, which I find hilarious because they treat "Arthur" like it's a title rather than a name. I also find the idea of Sonic being the Once and Future King to be absurd.

Uhmm.....

At the end of the credits, it was revealed that the whole story was fake, which Sonic told to Amy Rose to get out of a date with her.

Yep........but still a bad story.

Edited by ChaotixMan

Uhmm.....

At the end of the credits, it was revealed that the whole story was fake, which Sonic told to Amy Rose to get out of a date with her.

Uh, where the hell do you get that? The story wasn't fake; Amy just didn't believe him.

And frankly, I find this story to be a lot better than Secret Rings. I was a little disappointed with a couple points, but I quite like it.

I'm not exaggerating when I say it's my favorite storyline in a Sonic game since SA2. The character development is flawless, the obligatory plot twist is epic and unexpected (for once), the dialogue is far less corny than usual and the moral is actually deep and not just some "teamwork" or "just smile!" crap.

Okay, I'm getting confused about the SatAM/Unleashed connection here. This is what I'm getting:

Rings = Faster top speed at almost anytime

Boost = Cut through most enemies like paper

Homing Attack = "UFO"-like aerial movements

Ah, but wait a minute:

Spindash = Faster top speed at almost anytime

Spinball = Cut through most enemies like paper

Air Spin/Shield Abilities = "UFO"-like aerial movements

It's pretty much just the same formula with different execution.

The aerial maneuvers people often site UFO's as doing are a bit more complex than what you do with the shields. Common maneuvers include hovering in place and then immediately accelerating to full speed, rapid mid air turns at angles considerably sharper than conventional aircraft, and the ability to fly circles around other aircraft.

And it's not the same formula. Spindash doesn't max your speed, it leaves you in the ball form, many other differences I've grown tired of listing.

The point is that Sega isn't building upon what made Sonic great, they're treating Sonic the same way ABC treated him: like a licensed property with no regard for the original games.

Though I wish SEGA would go back to emulating the original games, it should've (might already have) been established on here that SEGA is in this for the money, and as long as whatever they're doing sells, they're going to keep doing it.

Uhmm.....

That actually sounds like an awesome ending.