Awoo.

So SatBK was released recently.

Sonime

I heard that Throw it all Away and Unknown from ME SA2 were used for Shadow and Knuckles boss introductions but what about Blaze? Did they use Dreams of an Absolution or something or does she have totally new theme?

Blaze's theme is a new one and...not present in the adx rip o.O

Looks like we'll have to wait on the OST for that one.

Also, the final boss in this game is damned awesome. Sega actually made a DECENT plot twist? Shock, HORROR!

Speaking of plot, this game is MESSED up.

Merlina just wants to live forever, and Sonic DISCOURAGES it? Forcing your beliefs on others much? As far as I'm concerned, Sonic's the real villain of this game

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperStingray

• SuperLink

• Indigo Rush

• Ryan Brown

Merlina just wants to live forever, and Sonic DISCOURAGES it? Forcing your beliefs on others much? As far as I'm concerned, Sonic's the real villain of this game

She dosen't want only herself to life forever, she wants all of Camelot to live forever. To keep it going until the end of time. That isn't natural at all, and I can see why it would be discouraged. :\

She doesn't want only herself to life forever, she wants all of Camelot to live forever. To keep it going until the end of time. That isn't natural at all, and I can see why it would be discouraged. :\

I can't. I mean seriously, who WANTS to die aside from emos? Eternal life and health seems to be an IMPROVEMENT on what we have now.

Wait, what is this. Deep slag? In MY Sonic? :psyduck:

Edited by Aquaslash

More like who wants to live forever.

Kinda reminds me of Sora's uncharacteristic moral dissonance near the end of Kingdom Hearts II.

Got the game yesterday, beat it, enjoyed it. I'd place it one below Sonic & the Secret Rings in terms of quality, but that's just my opinion as of today.

The gameplay is mostly great, but the controls took me a helluva long time to get used to (damn it Sega, I want my 360 degree control back!). Also, the enemies come fast and thick in the later stages (eww...) and if you just use standing slashes the demoknights will hand you your ass on the end of a spear. Speaking of spears, god I hate those spear and archer enemies. Word of advice: jumping slash is your best friend. And soul surge is your best friend's sexy sister that you go over to his house to see in the first place.

Story was pretty awesome, especially the twist that everyone here by now must know. I'll just say that I lol'ed pretty hard at all the people on this board that were SO CONVINCED that Merlina was a medieval Shahra. Also, the ending is the second funniest thing in the Sonic series (Sonic Rider's "suck" sequence is still tops for me).

Music is the best I've heard since Shadow the Hedgehog. Crush 40 recorded no less than 4 songs for this baby, and the two feature length ones ("Knight of the Wind", and "Live Life") is their best work since Shadow as well. Extra props to them for recording another ballad, which I've been asking for since... forever. Hopefully, there are full version of "Through the Fire" and "Fight the Knight" that will appear on the upcoming "Face to Faith" soundtrack. Also, the final boss songs kicks ass as well; one of the best non-Crush 40 songs in a Sonic game imo. Oh, and the level tunes are right up there with SA1, SA2, and Rings. The music that plays in the treasury is ear-splittingly bad though, I have to say.

Like I said, I've only played it a day. However, my opinion of it is VERY high as of now. Still, I thought Sonic Unleashed (PS3) was a good game until the week after I beat it, and then I realized that it was actually the worst 3D Sonic game ever. Seriously, you people think the NIGHTIME stages are the problem in that game? I can barely play any daytime level other than Eggman land without falling asleep. Anyways, here's my obligatory game ranking update...

TENTATIVE 3D GAME RANKING:

Good Games

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic the Hedgehog 2006

Shadow the Hedgehog

Sonic and the Secret Rings

Sonic and the Black Knight *new*

Bad Games

Sonic Heroes

Sonic Unleashed

Also, the final boss songs kicks ass as well; one of the best non-Crush 40 songs in a Sonic game imo.TENTATIVE 3D GAME RANKING:

Good Games

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic the Hedgehog 2006

Shadow the Hedgehog

Sonic and the Black Knight *new*

Bad Games

Sonic Heroes

Sonic Unleashed

Agreed. With all you've said.

Edited by ArtFenix

Did anyone ever figure out what Blazes' theme was, or have a link to the song? That'd be awesome.

This is MY modern era 3D game list. But since I don't judge games digitally on a simple "good vs. bad" basis, I'll just rank them in order of personal preference.

Sonic Unleashed

Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic and the Black Knight

Sonic Heroes

Sonic Adventure

Shadow the Hedgehog

Sonic 06

Did anyone ever figure out what Blazes' theme was, or have a link to the song? That'd be awesome.

From what I've been hearing, Blaze's theme is a slightly remixed Bella Nova. But I don't actually know for sure. It sounds like the song could come from Sonic Rush, but I really don't know. I never cared much for the Sonic Rush soundtrack.

From what I've been hearing, Blaze's theme is a slightly remixed Bella Nova. But I don't actually know for sure. It sounds like the song could come from Sonic Rush, but I really don't know. I never cared much for the Sonic Rush soundtrack.

Is Percival's theme the song that plays when you meet her? It didn't sound like Vela Nova at all to me, and I was trying to hear that song in the theme.

Vela Nova, bah. I keep getting it mixed up.

I didn't really know what it was. Someone else mentioned that it sounded kinda like Vela Nova; that's where I heard it.

Gotta say I don't really recognise it either. I have to say though, Jason sounded pretty different in that scene, his interpretation of Sonic has improved!

Yeah, he does sound vastly improved I must say. More how I imagine Sonic nowadays that he'd sound.

Calibur just sounds like a twat.

Calibur just sounds like a twat.

In dialogue or in voice? Because I thought his voice was rather suiting and his dialogue was intentionally obnoxious.

Just a quick question, anyone here knows all the confirmed multiplayer characters? Thanks in advance.

I'm 100% about all the multiplayer characters EXCEPT the last one. Spoiler warning for those who don't know.

Top Row - Sonic, Lancelot, Gawain, Percival

Second Row - Blacksmith,

Amy

, Random (not a character, obviously),

Galahad

Lamorak

Third Row -

Shadow

Knuckles

Blaze

King Arthur

Again, I'm positive about all of these except the final one in the third row. Small note--

When saying "Amy" or "Shadow" as opposed to Nimue/Lady of the Lake or Lancelot, that's because those are the REAL versions of the characters instead of the book versions. Yes, Shadow, Knuckles, and Blaze are two characters in multiplayer mode.

I like it. I've been pretty critical of the series lately (Secret Rings got annoying, I despise the Werehog) but this is a nice step in the right direction.

Gameplay is fun, the menus and overall style are phenomenal. But the story...wow, that's a big step up. The plot twist was (for once) totally unexpected, there are actual morals present, Caliburn is better than Chip in every way, and there is no Professor Pickle.

I've been playing as Lancelot (Shadow) lately. Sonic and Caliburn got a bit annoying and since Shadow isn't whining about Maria anymore he's much more enjoyable.

As much as I like it, I wouldn't rate it higher than the daytime sections of Sonic Unleashed...but since the night levels were so much longer and so terrible, Black Knight is overall a better game. But I'd still rather see a game made up entirely of daytime Unleashed-style levels.

But I'd still rather see a game made up entirely of daytime Unleashed-style levels.

...wouldn't everyone?

I would, but cut down on the trial and error. It's like SO unfair when I come across trial and error parts. >.<

I would, but cut down on the trial and error. It's like SO unfair when I come across trial and error parts. >.<

I honestly never encountered any of those. At least in the daytime stages. The only one I could really call a trial/error thing is that part in Chun-nan night when you have to grab a bar after launching from a pole.

It's really all in the reaction time.

However, SatBK... has not been a let-down.

Well, ok, having Dan Green be the voice of the Dark Knight as well as Knuckles... it's quite lame. I was hoping for a more menacing voice, not... Yami when he's being nice. >.> I switched straight over to Japanese after hearing that.

Dan Green doesn't voice the Black Knight. Here's the COMPLETE voice credits, straight from the credits. Put in the roles that they all supposedly play

4kids Entertainment

Producer: Salvatore Oppedisano

Voice Directors: Chris Collet, Julie Rath

Audio Engineers: Brice Pullam, Ron London

Cast

Jason Griffith (Sonic, "Lancelot")

Dan Green ("Gawain")

Bella Hudson ("Percivel")

Amy Palant ("Blacksmith")

Lisa Ortiz ("Lady of the Lake")

Webtone Inc.

Producer & Voice Director: Greg Weber

Audio Engineer: Benn Trapp

Cast

Casey Robertson (Caliburn?)

Gavin Hammon (Black Knight?)

Melissa Hutchison (Merlina)

...LOL I'm sorry. But, this makes me laugh.

She wants to live forever? Have things continue on and on forever? Kills the entire point of living your life to the fullest. Nothing lasts forever, that's the point Sonic's trying to get across here. Sure. She starts living her life forever and make things last forever. Thing is it'd do the very opposite of what she intends to do. The very value of it will just be gone.

Edited by Ryusuke

...LOL I'm sorry. But, this makes me laugh.

She wants to live forever? Have things continue on and on forever? Kills the entire point of living your life to the fullest. Nothing lasts forever, that's the point Sonic's trying to get across here.

Merlina said she wanted the Kingdom to be eternal, not herself. If your nation lives forever, that doesn't mean you have to. And even so, I don't think it's right for Sonic to force that onto her, whether it's right or wrong. But that's part of what I love about the story, it's moral is debatable; it feels genuine and not cheesy.

Edited by SuperStingray