Awoo.

Strange things that video game characters became famous for...

Crystal Kingfisher

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperLink

• SABRINA

• Crystal Kingfisher

• Serperior

I'm not sure if he completely counts as his own character, but the Tails Doll from Sonic R is very notable for becoming infamous for generally just being scary, and then through some strange fan fiction that people claimed was real that added to the scariness for some.

Nobody ever remembers him for his racing skills, just like nobody ever remembers Metal Knuckles or any of the other throwaway racers from the game, and technically speaking the stuff he's known for was mainly added by the fans. Nonetheless I suppose the character was freaky looking enough on his own, so that became enough of a talking point.

Also, yet another entry from the Star Fox series of games is Krystal - who's biggest claim to fame was that she had trouble http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1qlCZDESwQ.

Pingas....Nuff said.

"Where's that DAMN fourth Chaos Emerald!" -Shadow

"It's a STONE Luigi, you didn't make it!" -Mario, Super Mario Land

"FIREBALLS, YUM!!!" -Yoshi, Super Mario Land

Anything Ganon says in Wand of Gamelon and Faces of Evil.

Not someone who's really famous, but Captain Rescue from AoSTH needs more love. I've really only started to appreciate him from this.

Edited by VirgoTheCougar

Not someone who's really famous, but Captain Rescue from AoSTH needs more love. I've really only started to appreciate him from this.

When I think of captain Rescue, I think of KroboProductions. He's been Krobo's avatar for a long time.

He even made a Hilarious MSpaint vid about him on his ALT account

cabdin res q

Megaman (originally I think): My eyes! The goggles do nothing! here

MGS NES Snake: I FEEL ASLEEP!

Also, to forget from Zero Wing: ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!

I guess they count somewhat, even though not as popular as the others. :unsure:

Edited by AdventChild

Wow. No ones mentioned a certain Sonic Character.

Vector:FIND THE COMPUTER ROOM!

OMG, he made that level unbearable, lol.

In addition to what Emma said in the OP, Otacon is also pretty famous for shouting "SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE" at the game over screen.

Tifa's ginormous boobies.

Henry in Silent Hill 4 was famous for constantly saying "What the hell?"

The main character in GTA3 was famous for being mute.

Cats in Zero Wing "All your base are belong to us."

Megaman (originally I think): My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

The goggles line comes from the Simpsons. There is a scene in which

character Rainer Wolfcastle is in a movie and has to be saved by bart's friend milhouse

before a HUGE vat of acid comes to eat him alive.

Well, this clip can explain it better than I can

In addition to what Emma said in the OP, Otacon is also pretty famous for shouting "SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE" at the game over screen.

I always laugh whenever Otacon yells "SNAAAAAAKE!" in MGS2 because he sounds so nerdy when he yells it, but in MGS4 he sounds more manly when he yells it.

I don't think it's necissarily the game characters action that makes them famous, I think that alot of the time it's when 4chan or YTP get hold of an idea and run with it that the characters gets famous for that one thing. Just because those guys are great at picking up small things and making them into massive memes. Just look at Robotnik and Pengas lol

Fuck year KroboProductions.

I don't think it's necissarily the game characters action that makes them famous, I think that alot of the time it's when 4chan or YTP get hold of an idea and run with it that the characters gets famous for that one thing. Just because those guys are great at picking up small things and making them into massive memes. Just look at Robotnik and Pengas lol

Other than a few exceptions, that's pretty much it. I think Captain Falcon was just begging to be made famous for his Smash Bros self so I'd call him an exception.

I dunno if this counts, because it's a running gag, but so are the Emmerichs' weak bladders. From the MGS series, Raiden and having his crotch grabbed by other people. Just his whole pretty-boy thing in general was made into a joke.

Edited by Badnikz

I dunno if this counts, because it's a running gag, but so are the Emmerichs' weak bladders. From the MGS series, Raiden and having his crotch grabbed by other people. Just his whole pretty-boy thing in general was made into a joke.

Let's not forget poor Johnny Sasaki and his incredibly weak bowels.

"You know what they say... the more the merrier!"

Also, the yelling Link does in Ocarina of Time. That became famous. "HAA!" "Hup!" "Seeeeyaaah!" "OOODDDD!"

This :lol: and also Ganon in the Faces of Evil: YOU DARE BRING LIGHT INTO MY LAIR! Or his one liner of awesome "DIE".

Isn't it strange how famous some people become through the internet. I also agree with the others who said they were not too sure about M.Bison until the "Of Course" or "YES" situation. Although I have a cheek considering I did play Street Fighter and thought he looked cool!

Let's not forget poor Johnny Sasaki and his incredibly weak bowels.

I COMPLETELY forgot about Johnny! Me and my cousin used to call him

"Diarrhea man"

We'd tear up from laughing so bad every time he ran to the bathroom.

I found out recently he was on MGS2. I knew he was on Mgs1 and 3, but not in 2.

Here's where I found him:

You know the scene in the Plant level in the hostage room where

you listen in on Ocelot and Solidus' conversation?

aim the Mic towards the blue door over to the left corner

( when you turn the mic to the left you'll see it. It's right beside another door that's brown or something.)

wait a few seconds, turn the TV volume, and ROFL.

Also you might wanna try using the Mic during the sniping scene

where you protect emma. when she gets on those big silos, get the mic out.

Gutsman from Megaman 1 became famous because on the old Megaman cartoon (The one where Megaman has abs for some reason) Gutsman's ass was showing out of a kangaroo costume he was wearing for about 3 seconds (As in his ass was showing for 3 seconds, not wearing the costume for 3 seconds).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8IiJk4Imds

Edited by Blaziken

I find it odd how any character became famous after 2003. Everything interesting had already been done.

I COMPLETELY forgot about Johnny! Me and my cousin used to call him

"Diarrhea man"

We'd tear up from laughing so bad every time he ran to the bathroom.

I found out recently he was on MGS2. I knew he was on Mgs1 and 3, but not in 2.

Here's where I found him:

You know the scene in the Plant level in the hostage room where

you listen in on Ocelot and Solidus' conversation?

aim the Mic towards the blue door over to the left corner

( when you turn the mic to the left you'll see it. It's right beside another door that's brown or something.)

wait a few seconds, turn the TV volume, and ROFL.

Also you might wanna try using the Mic during the sniping scene

where you protect emma. when she gets on those big silos, get the mic out.

I love Johnny so much. He is hilarious! And I remember when I got a PS3 and MGS4 for Christmas in 2008, I couldn't stop laughing when you first see Johnny and he's taking a dump inside a barrel.

And about Badnikz' post, I love those pretty-boy jokes in the MGS series and the running gag with the Emmerichs wetting themselves. Kojima has a great sense of humor.