Awoo.

Saints Row: The Third

YoshiUnity

thethird.jpg

saints-row-33.jpg

http://en.wikipedia...._Row:_The_Third

Having defeated the rival gangs of Stilwater at the end of Saints Row 2 and overthrown the influence of the Ultor Corporation, the Saints have turned into National superstars, and they have their own energy drink, clothing line, and fanbase. They target a bank, attempting to airlift the vault out of it, but the alarm alerts the Stilwater PD and the Saints are incarcerated. In prison, they learn that the bank they tried to rob was owned by a huge international crime organization called the Syndicate, led by Phillipe Loren. After bribing the police, the Syndicate capture the Saints' leader, Johnny Gat, and Shaundi to try and negotiate a business plan with them, aboard Loren's private jet. While in-flight, Loren tells them they will be allowed to live if they turn over two-thirds of their territory in Stilwater. The leader of the Saints rejects this offer, and a gunfight breaks out, with the Saint's leader and Shaundi escaping from the jet while Johnny Gat holds back their enemies to buy them time.

With the Syndicate in full control of Stilwater, the Saints relocate themselves to the city of Steelport. Pierce is instructed to remain in Stilwater to make sure everything runs smoothly. Steelport is a city that was created as factories flourished with little city planning, and since has suffered from economic failure, contrasting the glamor of Stilwater. The Syndicate has already begun to take control of some parts of Steelport, focusing on vices like merchandise and gambling. To extend their reach, the Syndicate had divided their control of the city through three gangs. The Morning Star, lead by Loren directly, are typically European men with impeccable taste, selling guns. The Mexican wrestler Killbane controls the Luchadores who deal with gambling and drugs smuggling. The Deckers, led by hacktivist Matt Miller, are computer geniuses, and handle the money laundering. The Saints see the opportunity to take control of Steelport from these groups. As the war between the gangs intensifies, government trained Special Tactical Anti-Gang (STAG) units will attempt to halt any violent activity whether it be perpetrated by the Saints or the Syndicate.

Mission structure

In previous Saints Row games, the player would be able to approach each of the three rival gangs along separate storylines that ultimately culminated into a final conclusion. In The Third, the storylines between the three gangs are interconnected, and decisions that the player makes in dealing with one faction may alter the behavior of the other factions towards the player or missions that may be available later. The developers have focused on developing an open-ended storyline; the majority of storyline missions can be completed in multiple ways, and the decisions that the player makes on these missions will ultimately affect the game's ending.

Setting

The Third's game world is the fictional city of Steelport, which is stylistically influenced by Chicago, IL. It is presented in open world format, allowing it to be explored at the player's will. In The Third's premise, the Syndicate had taken over and rebuilt certain areas of the city to a modernized downtown, while the city's industrial areas remained rundown. The city was not planned with zoned areas; as art designer Frank Calvert described in a March 2011 interview with Game Informer, there are skyscrapers built adjacent to steel mills. Art director Chris Claflin also described the studio's design goal for Steelport, which was to make it easy-to-navigate so that the player would not have to always rely on the mini-map and GPS systems. As such, the city has been specifically designed so that the downtown area can be viewed from any position on the map.

Edited by Sherlock YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 1

Interesting, I hear about this series allot but never decided to check it out.

By the looks of it Ill buy it.

YES YES OOOHHHH YEAHHHH BROTTHHEERR biggrin.gif I simply cannot wait for the release of this game I haven't been excited about a Sandbox game ever since Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas was out :). I've already got my pre order on SR3 with GAME which got my replying Saints Row 2 on the Xbox 360 completing it 100% (including DLC :P) and that Hulk Hogan is in it doing VA work I can't wait for his scenes with The Boss and Johnny Gat XD.

Oh and Professor Genki please have my kittens please XD I love that trailer makes me hope I do get that pre order pack now :P

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Saints Row: The Third - Freefalling (Official Trailer)

More delicious over the top goodness. That's some good action right there! And I love how special kills feel so brutal, but have style to boot. I'm loving it that THQ's is going even more over the top with this game.

It's showing big time!

This game is Michael Bay

Correction. I have never been interested in a saints row game, but that video just sold me this game.

I'm going to post the two extra videos from the first post in here so I can edit it in peace.

Professor Genki's Hyper Ordinary Pre-Order Pack!

(WARNING: THIS VIDEO CONTAINS FLASHING IMAGES AND MAY TRIGGER SEIZURES FOR PEOPLE WITH PHOTOSENSITIVE EPILEPSY. VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED)

Wow... did anyone else see the dude in the cat suit beating the hell out of people? If so, than fantastic...! Okay, now to watch that trailer!

Syndication Trailer

Correction. I have never been interested in a saints row game, but that video just sold me this game.

Welcome aboard the hype train! :U

hypetrain.gif

Gametrailers TV takes a look into Saints Row: The Third. (20 min video.)

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/127?ch=1&sd=1_960x540_3500_m31

(The embedding is a little screwy with GTTV so just use the link.)

Info is broken into bit and pieces in the show. Pretty darn good stuff, like online co-op, more on the Professor Genki pre-order pack, DLC talk, and etc.

Looks like its taking a very different direction from GTA especially GTA4.

Edited by Shade ?

Saints Row: The Third - The Walking Apocalypse

Dude... Over the top gameplay, detailed skydiving sections, a mouse/death trap style Japanese game show, a multitude of other 'OH SHIT' moments and weapons, and now I can wrestle luchadores?! I just thought that the Luchadores was just a branch of the Syndicate. Didn't do we would be able to actually wrestle anyone.

Oh, I going to have plenty of stuff to do in this game!

Edited by Worlds Greatest YoshiUnity

I love how its looking for far.

Looks like the type of game to keep you busy other than the main storyline which is something that GTA4 was weak in.

Sweet Zombie Jesus.

This game makes Just Cause 2 look like GTA4!

I must have this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw4uj_ZPHvY

November is probably gonna be the tipping point for me. Sonic Generations, Ultimate MvC3, and now THIS? I've been able to resist spending my money until I got a laptop, but now I don't think I'll be able to function if I do not have these games.

Edited by Black Spy

Now that I think about it, its an interesting tactic that their using to compete with GTA4.

Their taking advantage of GTA4s limited amount of things to do while not playing the story and focusing on that in SR3.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to double post but new info was presented and Im just posting it here:

Some people have complained that this seems a bit too random and unrealistic, but I still like it because it sets itself apart from the GTA series that way.

Some people have complained that this seems a bit too random and unrealistic, but I still like it because it sets itself apart from the GTA series that way.

Considering what we're already seen so far, this actually seems NORMAL compared to the ridiculousness of everything else.

Considering what we're already seen so far, this actually seems NORMAL compared to the ridiculousness of everything else.

It does make me wonder if their are purposely taking that ridiculous approach to compete with GTA in some way.

They even got Jetbikes in it:

0:41

Edited by .Shade.

Awesome! I just saw these today! This game... I tell you, this game...

When I buy this game, my first words won't be, "Holy variety, Batman!" They will be, "Thank you, Volition Inc."

The Deckers' cyberpunk gang just adds more towards the twistanty flavor of this game... I don't want them to back off. I want more. 8U

Also vehicles! They are looking goooooooooooooood...

Oh man... It's like physically impossible for me to like this game even more.

But hey, check this out! You guys know who this is?

180px-Itagaki_Thumbs_Up_MNT.jpg

You know, that guy! He's the one who made the game with the boobs... and all the fighting stuff?

*Snap snap snap!* Tomonobu Itagaki! That's right!

http://www.gamespot.com/events/tgs-2011/story.html?sid=6334707&tag=updates;editor;all;title;2&pid=954853

He's confirmed to be a character in the game!

Sorry, dude. Kind of beat you to the news listing. tongue.png

I noticed you were on this page. tongue.png

This is amazing. Tomonobu Itagaki as a playable character in Saints Row of all games? Pure awesomeness. Being a dedicated DoA and Ninja Gaiden fan makes this all the more sweeter. biggrin.png

Edited by Neon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...