Awoo.

Showing off your Sonic fandom

mikeblastdude

So, I think it's safe to say we're all Sonic fans here. But, do you guys like showing off your Sonic fandom at all?

As for me, I'm constantly wearing Sonic shirts wherever I go. Also, if I go to a geeky convention of any sort I usually get pretty Sonic-ed out for the occasion.

Besides appearance though, I tend to blast Sonic music a lot when I'm driving around. Especially stuff like the

where you can really rock out to. :P Also, I proudly drive with this decal on the back of my car:

sonic_cardecal.jpg

So, what about you guys? How do you like to show off your Sonic fandom?

No. Not at all because I don't feel a need or an urge to. If it's SOS though, it's a different story :P Maybe I'll take to carrying around my Sonic bag more as my old handbag is so worse for wear but maybe I'd feel a little...conscious about doing even that.

Once my bedroom is finished though, I'll definately have a few Sonic things on display in there like my posters and my plushies and figurines.

I wear Sonic t-shirts occasionally, and have a Sonic wallet and Sonic keychains on my messenger bag/wallet too. That's about it.

I don't really feel the need to advertise things I'm a fan of, Sonic or otherwise. Most I'll do is stick something in my avatar or sig on forums.

<<< Like that.

When I saw Sonic at Gamescom in '09, I screamed "SONIC!" and ran to him.

I have a friend who I pretend I'm sexually attracted to, and always call him Sonic and start moaning.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I have Sonic shirts and a Knuckles hoodie that I like to wear.

Aside from that, I usually let my drawings do my talking. I doodle wherever I go, and 7/10 times, the people looking over my shoulder's are being graced with Sonic goodness.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

God if this topic is still around I'll show you pictures of my car XD: Decals on the back, one giant one of shadow on the hood, Sonic Seat belt covers, a plush on my dash of Sonic, a pillow in the back and my custom plate reads "5HADOW"

I sometimes wear my shirts out on the town or my hoodie that's blue with classic Sonic on it (if it's cold), or the gray one with classic prints all over it (when it's warmer since it's lighter), one of my ball caps,gray messenger bag which has my keychain,wallet and coin purse.

In the winter/Fall: I wear one of my hoodies or one of my fleece hats, and for winter my Sonic 2 Letterman Jacket with my C. Sonic Ear muffs (which some little kid thought where Pokemon :huh: )

Lately it's been my black backpack with SEGA embroidered on it bought from a former staffer and my brown cap with Sonic Generations and the 20th logo pins on it.

I guess that's why at the places I hang out at I'm "That chick that really likes Sonic" lol I'm not afraid to let everyone know what I like :3

Not really to be completely honest. As I think most of you know, I'm 13 years old. Playing Sonic games is not considered "cool". I've tried talking about Sonic in a postitive light but that just makes them shoot me down. I feel bad to say this because it makes me feel like a traitor, but outside of the internet I hardly talk about Sonic....I feel like such an ass now.

A few people have kind of gathered I'm a Sonic fan from overseeing doodles of Sonic characters in homework diaries etc., although I really drew them just for something to look at when using my school books, others noticing was unintentional, but I guess pretty cool :unsure:. Couldn't stop my former Form Tutor from seeing though, as she had to sign it every week :blush:.

Anyway, showing off in public? Well I guess that would have to be my homemade Tails t-shirt then! I should really post a picture of that here someday...

I feel bad to say this because it makes me feel like a traitor, but outside of the internet I hardly talk about Sonic....I feel like such an ass now.

I don't talk about Sonic IRL either unless somebody ask.

I guess I show off my Sonic fandom. I have only one shirt, but I plan on getting other ones in the near future. I was considering in buying this Tails decal for my car (for my 2003 Pontiac Grand Am GT, which I don't have anymore), however I never got around to buying it. Who knows, maybe I'll buy it someday for my current car.

A Sonic shirt and Sonic songs on my iPod. I sometimes chat with someone at the game store about Sonic but that's it.

Not really to be completely honest. As I think most of you know, I'm 13 years old. Playing Sonic games is not considered "cool". I've tried talking about Sonic in a postitive light but that just makes them shoot me down. I feel bad to say this because it makes me feel like a traitor, but outside of the internet I hardly talk about Sonic....I feel like such an ass now.

No need to feel bad about it dude. Heck, from when I was five to about your age, a lot of my friends didn't even know who Sonic was. I showed City Escape to a friend and he thought it was neat that you could topple cars, but that was about the extent of it. From 13 onwards I've pretty much been in your shoes. Granted I've got a friend or two interested in the series but other than that it's just some "gay" thing to everyone else I know. A lot of us can probably relate to you and really there's no reason to feel like a traitor. :P

As for the topic, I'll gladly yak about Sonic if someone asks, or I'll gladly show off my Sonic stuff if a friend shows interest. If a friend brings up favorite games you betcha' I'll mention a Sonic game. I've got a couple shirts I wear somewhat frequently but that's about it. It's nothing I'm embarassed about or try to hide, I just don't want to be "that creepy guy that always talks about Sonic", haha. If a ton of my friends were hugely into the franchise I'd probably be very open about it, but as it is, I'm content just swinging by here and Retro to chat about everything Hedgehog.

EDIT: Oh, Sonic music on our mp3 players count? Alrighty. I think mine is about half Sonic-related soundtracks, the other half is just about everything else. What can I say? The Sonic series has some seriously jammin' tunes dawg. I have no issue playing some of the cheesier songs in public even, just as long as it's through my ear buds...and not too loud.

Edited by Mykonos

Not Sonic fandom, but I'm known as the 'Mario Girl' around certain parts of Jacksonville - mainly nerd rings, gaming shops and colleges. It's probably because I tend to wear a lot of Mario shirts moreso than every day normal wear.

If I had a car I would be decking that thing out in Eggman logos, though. I found an excellent decal place that produces high-quality stuff and doesn't question copyrighted images as long as they aren't for profit and only for personal use, but I have only had volunteering positions so far so there's really no pay coming in. I was going to get a 36x48" Eggman Empire flag made but that would cost around 200 dollars. Maybe later. I would like to fly that thing outside of my house but I'm sure some mook will steal it.

I have my cellphone ring tone always as a sonic music, I like to change between song right now is city escape.And most of the songs on my mp3 are sonic ones.I also have a sonic t-shirt but I rarely use it(don't want to overuse it its the only I got).

(Of course my hair is blue but that was for another thing, although people that don't know the reason may relate to sonic)

I do have shirts, but I rarely wear them...

My school binders are all decked out with pictures of Sonic all over them, and I'm always doodling Sonic...

and I recently got a Sonic Tote... I will probably start using it at some point. (though, probably not for most of my school stuff... it's rather small.

And I'd say about half the songs on my Mp3 Player are Sonic.

@Kintobor: Eggman Empire Flag? That would be TOTALLY BA!

I do show it, I have a giant Sonic poster that covers 30% of my room's wall.

I would kill to get a Sonic T-shirt.

I have a lot of blue shirts and blue plants..and since my freshman year high school i wear red converse....and it seems only other sonic fans get it when they see me.

I have a lot of the plush dolls.

Which I should really get rid of.

It's not healthy, Y'know.

I know 100% how you feel. I wish I could show off my love of Sonic in public, let alone talk about it without being called "gay", because all my school is into, in terms of games, is "OMG CALL OF DUTY LOL AWESUME". Hopefully my new school(going to high school this year) will be more open to different things.

• Thumbs Up 1

Some people like Sonic here and there, but in High School it's just... "I need to finish my work, man."

• Thumbs Up 1