Awoo.

Showing off your Sonic fandom

mikeblastdude

High school kids in this day and age who are dedicated to handling their schoolwork?????

Things have changed since my day. There may be hope for this country after all. :lol:

Edited by TheREVerend

Well its not like I go shouting it about from the rooftops but I'm not shy about it. I regularly wear Sonic T-Shirts which gets a few comments (always positive, I've never had a negative comment but I'm in university so....) and back when I was in High School I had these plain blue books for each class so I drew Sonic characters on them. The most notable one was my Ancient History book, on which I had drawn Sonic, Tails, Amy, Sally, Cosmo and Rouge. A girl in my class used to lightheartedly tease me about how obsessed with Sonic I am.

MMM YES.

I have Sonic T-Shirts I wear in public, Sonic posters, a Sonic console bag I use as a tote bag with lots of Sonic badges on it, a Sonic mini console bag for my Sonic flip cover-contained DS Lite with another more solid Sonic DS case to carry all my handheld games some of which are contained in Sonic DS game covers, I have Sonic figures and plushes on display of which my Tails beanie goes everywhere with me, a Sonic lunchbox with a Sonic flask, a Sonic binder, Sonic comics that visitors can see, Sonic stickers that get stuck on my furniture and I even have a Sonic car decal floating around somewhere.

Strangely enough, I've only had positive comments and requests to know where I got the Sonic bag from.

The last time I used my sonic t-shirt I went to the mall and everybody was looking at me strangely like I was an alien or something, I mean I didn't had any comments but the peoples faces were enough.(Of course that now I'm used to it since I colored my hair blue).

Everytime I run in school, I always have to run with my arms out like that of an airplane! If I can't, then I won't go as fast as ideally planned. XD

Yes, it's nothing to be ashamed about to flaunt the things you enjoy. I don't obsess over it and feel the compulsion to discuss Sonic with every living being I know, but I have enough Sonic merch for people to get the idea. My really close group of friends all know my love for the 'hog, and at work and at school I carry around a little Sonic container to drink water in.

• Thumbs Up 1

Strangely enough, I've only had positive comments and requests to know where I got the Sonic bag from.

I've found the same - I wear my Sonic t-shirts around, and my Sonic jacket in the winter, plus my main bag is a Sonic satchel... I've never had negative comments or looks. Mostly I get thumbs up or requests as to where I got them or people asking me which games I like... or occasionally people will start humming/whistling music from the games as I walk past XD

I've taken to wearing the wristband from Summer of Sonic 2011 in public, and whenever anybody asks "Oh, you've been to a festival?" there's no hesitation in proudly stating what it actually came from. I've also started wearing my Sonic t-shirt outside of Sonic functions.

Besides that, not so much. Nobody ever notices my Sonic socks. :(

I've found the same - I wear my Sonic t-shirts around, and my Sonic jacket in the winter, plus my main bag is a Sonic satchel... I've never had negative comments or looks. Mostly I get thumbs up or requests as to where I got them or people asking me which games I like... or occasionally people will start humming/whistling music from the games as I walk past XD

I second this. I have never had someone laugh or even say a rude comment under their breath toward me, in fact two young guys saw me in my Classic Sonic hoodie and where like "Dude! Most Epic Hoodie Ever!", I have had not only kids but women and men ask me where I got my hoodie or ear muffs from, and even had one person take a picture of me with my Sonic back pack (you know the one where he looks like he's piggy back on you)and in my varsity jacket. Even gotten comments like "That's so awesome! I WANT one!"

I think most people are more tolerant or holding on to thier own childhoods inside then you realize :)

Edited by BlueSonikku

I wear a Sonic shirt almost everyday. I carry a Werehog and Shadow keychain and two Sonic wallets in my purse and occasionally get nice remarks about my shirt. :)

I have Sonic t-shirts that I wear.... alot. Sure most of them are kids shirts but I can fit in them because I'm short and small. I think I have maybe 12 or more Sonic shirts now... I also have a chao skirt my mother made for me that I wear in the summer. When I went to school at the Art Institute I carried my school books in a Sonic tout that my fiance had gotten for me from the dealers room at Kumoricon. I also have a couple Sonic pins that I wear on my jean jacket at all times, and I have a Sonic Team white Jacket that is totally awesome but I've only worn a few times because it's bright white and I don't want it to get stained. Finally I have Sonic styled DS that I carry in my purse.

Oh and of course I cosplay as Silver and Cream the Rabbit at Kumoricon (as you can see in my avi). So yeah, I don't mind showing off my fandom at all :P .

I wear Sonic T-shirts more often than not, and have a Sonic wallet. Nobody can really see my Sonic boxers or socks, but eh. :lol:

In other words, a resounding 'yes' from me, although I don't really see it as 'showing off' that I'm a Sonic fan. I'm not wearing Sonic clothing and apparel as a means of getting attention or saying "Hey, look at me, I like Sonic!". I like Sonic, so I wear those things anyway, basically.

Hell, even in the middle of winter when it's too cold for just a T-shirt, I'm still wearing a Sonic shirt under a sweater. Which actually feels like a bit of a waste, hence I want a Sonic sweater/ jacket sometime, if I can find one.

Hell, even in the middle of winter when it's too cold for just a T-shirt, I'm still wearing a Sonic shirt under a sweater. Which actually feels like a bit of a waste, hence I want a Sonic sweater/ jacket sometime, if I can find one.

I have a few Sonic T-Shirts in my closet and a Sonic wallet that I pretty much take with me everywhere. I also have a Sonic plush my friend got me for my birthday and Knuckles plush from a claw machine. That's pretty much it, though. My friends know about my interest in the blue hedgehog though, which I actually think is pretty cool because then they talk to me whenever they see a shirt about him at a store, see the Sonic air hockey game at some Gameworks here, or hear about him being in another game.

Just remembered after posting that I also kind of show it in my Steam account and gamertag and gamerpic on the Xbox, if those count too.

Edited by krazystitch

Not really to be completely honest. As I think most of you know, I'm 13 years old. Playing Sonic games is not considered "cool". I've tried talking about Sonic in a postitive light but that just makes them shoot me down. I feel bad to say this because it makes me feel like a traitor, but outside of the internet I hardly talk about Sonic....I feel like such an ass now.

I feel exactly the same. I'm 15 and I get made fun of by my 12 year old brother for my interest. Heck, I bring up something about swimming and running and he thinks that's what I'm talking about. Man, I just wish people were more open-minded rather than sticking to one game aka Call of Duty. Many people of this generation interpret Sonic games to be boring because it's mostly just running and jumping. Because of that, I'm just too shy to talk about it at school. But I would gladly have a conversation about Sonic for hours about it if someone brings it up.

Maybe some day, platformers will become the norm again, like the '90s. I'm not too sure what changed that norm, though. Anyone know. When I was a child, nobody my age played shooters.

I don't really have any sonic merchandise. After all, my interest has only been revived a few months ago.

Well that did'nt take me to long Pffffft!

Anyway the photo's of my car I promised. you can't really see the Shadow decals well since it's friggin cloudy...but there is one of Shadow on the front and his spiky logo on my back window. As well as my Sonic Plush, seat belt covers and you can just see my pillow in the back seat.

2011-08-03082249.jpg

2011-08-03082315.jpg

2011-08-03082214.jpg

2011-08-03082227.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

Well that did'nt take me to long Pffffft!

Anyway the photo's of my car I promised. you can't really see the Shadow decals well since it's friggin cloudy...but there is one of Shadow on the front and his spiky logo on my back window. As well as my Sonic Plush, seat belt covers and you can just see my pillow in the back seat.

2011-08-03082249.jpg

2011-08-03082315.jpg

2011-08-03082214.jpg

2011-08-03082227.jpg

WOAH THAT'S AWESHUM!! XD

Well i can't really top that but all i do is wear Sonic T-shirts, Belts And belt buckles.

If i feel like it i'll wear my blue skinnie jeans, red converses and white Socks smile.gif

The window to my bedroom is quite big so people who walk past can get a glimpse at my sonics paintings, posters, figures and what not happy.gif

EDIT: OH! I Also Have My Middle Name On Facebook As "Sonikku" Wooo

Edited by RosstiferBoom

I do, and my friends went from making fun of me to begging for Sonic merch, within a space of 3 years. I regret NOTHING.

• Thumbs Up 1

Over the past few years I've noticed my confidence grow immensely in showing my Sonic fandom. Back at secondary school I would never wear a Sonic shirt out and would freeze up if someone I didn't really know (or like) at school commented on my fanart.

Recently though, probably thanks to my 2 years at College, I will now happily and proudly don a Sonic shirt from time to time, now I want people to know how big of a fan I am. I also in the past wouldn't tell people I've just met about my Sonic fandom but now, it's one of the first things I want people to know about me. I've managed to pretty much convert my girlfriend who, before we were together, had no interest in Sonic at all but now is a real fan, she even signed up here on the forum (much to my surprise) though she's not very active.

When I go to University in September, I intend on setting up the Iizuka signed Sonic poster from SoS on my wall, all my soundtracks, comics and a few display pieces throughout in my room so new people I meet will now pretty fast.

The more you show you're proud of it, the more respect you get for it smile.gif Make yourself stand out. I was quite famous for it at College.

Edited by ENVY
  • Thumbs Up 3

The more you show you're proud of it, the more respect you get for it smile.gif Make yourself stand out. I was quite famous for it at College.

You, my friend, are awesome and wise. happy.gif

I used to shut up about liking Sonic because most people went "Really?" and I'd clam up, or blush, and suddenly they'd launch into "Isn't that a little silly? Shouldn't you act your age?" Nowadays, when they ask "Really?" the answer is immediate and confident: "Yep, I love it, puts a smile on my face regardless of my mood... have you ever played?"

As long as you're happy, then be proud of your happiness, no matter what the source. happy.gif

• Thumbs Up 4

I love standing up for something i adore.

My friends find it weird that they're all for guns and killing zombies and shiz like that and i'm for a li'l blue hedgehog that runs at super sonic speed. I Say: Problem?

• Thumbs Up 1