Awoo.

Showing off your Sonic fandom

mikeblastdude

I used to wear a Sonic X necklace, but with Sonic X being pretty much the one theme I don't like (Sonic related) I retired that to the merch closet. Now I do a number of things to show fandom:

1. Spindash from place to place instead of walking. blush.gif

2. Wear a Sonic neck tie at any formal ceremony I go to.

3. Simply tell people I'm a Sonic fan.

4. Have a Sonic ring tone.

5. Say 90's catch phrases like "juice and jam", especially "juice and jam".

6. I often sport a Sonic hat.

7. I play Sonic on guitar and sing Sonic songs.

I think that's enough, but I'm always looking for ways to fit more things into that list.

I wear a Sonic shirt sometimes.

And I have Sonic figurines proudly shown on my desk.

Also, always playing as Sonic Adventure 2's Sonic levels, or SA1's Speed Mountain / Red Mountain, or Sonic Colors, when a friend of my mother comes home.

Hey, what'd you expect ? I'm 15, everybody hates Sonic and Mario games here, my parents don't want me to wear Mario or Sonic shirts at school, and it's not like I can do much more than that. Plus I have no friends to show off my Sonic fandom too.

Edited by Koopalmier

Yeah my friends also don't like sonic games, I normally only play COD with them (its mostly the only game they play). But I'm not ashamed to expose my sonic fan side, except with girls I that I just meet normally they look at me strangely and lose all interest, oh well I have to wait for the right girl that doesn't mind that I'm a sonic fan.

Oh and about merchandise I only start buying some this year, so I don't have a lot of it.

Edited by redhellc

BlueSonikku, I know I already told you this but your car is amazing! :D

Also, showing off that you're a Sonic fan can be a real conversation starter sometimes. Just yesterday I walked into a Spencer's store wearing one of my Sonic shirts, and the girl who was working there walked up to me and was like "Oh I love Sonic! I used to play that all the time on the Genesis!" And then we got into this big conversation about old-school video games. It was pretty awesome.

Also back when I didn't have a car and I took the bus everywhere, I would always get random compliments from strangers on the bus for my Sonic shirts. I think that mentality that Sonic is just for little kids seems to go away after middle/high school, because people like me who are in their 20's seem to love Sonic (mostly just for nostalgia though).

I may or may not get some compliments when I wear my Sonic shirt it depends on if people notice, people are quite...antisocial here at my college. Although I was once wearing my Mario shirt at 7Eleven and some guy speeding out of there drives past me and says "Sonic is better than Mario!" smile.gif A few days ago though, I decided to buy another Sonic shirt. The cashier compliments it...and then goes on the annoying 10 minute parroted rant of "Sonic hasn't been good since SA2" that we've all heard 9001 times already. Annoyed, I tell him "That's veeeery interesting. Also, Colors was good, Generations will be awesome, and SA2 isn't as godly as people claim" I leave him with "WTF did he just say" expression on his face and I walk out of the store with a big grin on my face and possibly made a "SQUEE" sound. smile.gif Twas a great day indeed.

Edited by Gartocer
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

You can always do what I did and make one yourself. I just bought a plain black hoodie, got some iron-on transfer paper, and made this:

sonichoodie.jpg

Yet another way of showing off my Sonic geekiness. XD

I was googling Sonic jackets and came across this... looks so bad ass my friend :)

• Thumbs Up 1

I wear sonic shirts from time to time, and actually get some compliments if I browsing a game store or something. Other than that a wallet and that's about it laugh.gif

Oh a poster and figure in my room.

ffnffnfnfn.png

This is my cellphone wallpaper.

The screen is touch-sensitive toowub.gif

*notices Sonic only wearing socks*

*hit by memories of soniclove00 from Sega Forums*

sad.gif

Edited by Ananze
  • Thumbs Up 2

$(KGrHqJ,!i4E4qcKRVttBOQUIo13F!~~0_3.JPG

This is my desktop image. *

It isn't touch sensitive, but gosh darn it if I don't imagine everyday it is.**

*No, it's not.

** I think I might've started a sanity shattering meme here.

As a kiddo I always expressed my Sonic fandom. Be it custom made shirts, gloves, painted shoes, or simply running with my hands behind my back (I loved the way he ran in Sonic CD, ok.) to the point that I annoyed all those around me. Up until I was about 12.

-facepalm- Yeaaah, being a female, all the other chicks thought I was mental. All my friends were boys.

Since I got it out of my system, I grew out of 'over expressing' myself..

On occasion I wear a shirt, and I have an extra Sonic wallet I'll use for fun.

Edited by SomeKindofRing

I'll wear a Sonic shirt from time to time. Oh and my Sonic collection is in plain view in my room. Other then that I don't go around wearing my Sonic hat of anything extreme like that.

Some people like Sonic here and there, but in High School it's just... "I need to finish my work, man."

That actually sounds a lot better than COD lust because, in all honesty, I find FPS's dull. All you do in those games is shooting, and while that may work for some people, it dose not work for me.

i where my sonic T-shirts ounce a week bring my sonic plushie on holiday i put my sonic statues on the shelves i tell everyone about the new sonic games i be a critic about sonic games in front of my friends i upload sonic videos i listen to sonic music all the time i had a sonic skin on minecraft.

nah i don't really show my fandom

Lets see... Wear my Sonic T-shirts, Have my Sonic console bag which I use as my manbag, Wear my Sonic Sonicks to formal occasions, posters everywhere and my cartoons are all Sonic related. Hell, he even makes an appearance in the one not about him! People in Uni are much better with this, heck they even ask the latest on Generations from me.

I have a Sonic case and Sonic sock for my DSi...thas about it :/

KgQGw.jpg

GCMQO.jpg

Oh and since my best friend loves Tails so much I call him Tails, and also because I didn't remember his name for like a year when I first met him. And he calls me Rouge because I like Rouge.

Edited by Sonny

*notices Sonic only wearing socks*

*hit by memories of soniclove00 from Sega Forums*

sad.gif

no....NO DAMN YOU I HAD SUCCESSFULLY REPRESSED THOSE IMAGES!

no....NO DAMN YOU I HAD SUCCESSFULLY REPRESSED THOSE IMAGES!

I couldn't help it awesome_face_normal.jpg

I'm really into figures so I've been collecting Sonic figures a lot recently. I'll post pics later when my collection is a little filled out but I really like where it's headed at the moment. I also have few Sonic games and I'll probably put a sonic sticker on my car or something to that effect, I was thinking maybe a little metal emblem to go on the side, sort of how the transformers have their emblems on the side...