Awoo.

wtf is wrong with sonic's mouth nowadays?

McGroose

Sonic_4_Logo.png

Sonic-Generations-Classic-Sonic-Modern-Sonic.jpg

Sonic_Modern_%26_Classic_(Sonic_Generations).jpg

Am I the only one who noticed this? How come after sonic and sega all stars racing Sega put so much weird odd detail into sonic's mouth? This is pretty much one of the only problems I have with sonic 4 anyway is the opening logo! If you zoom into the face and look closely it doesn't look as odd/bad/weird but still...why this change of detail?

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks fine to me...

Maybe a bit longer than usual but eh. I miss sonic's smile from the adventure artwork though...

Edited by Nick.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic's always had that kind of detail on his mouth in drawn artwork. In fact one of the things they wanted to achieve with his Unleashed-onwards look was to emulate how his face looks in the 2D art.

Sonic's always had that kind of detail on his mouth in drawn artwork. In fact one of the things they wanted to achieve with his Unleashed-onwards look was to emulate how his face looks in the 2D art.

To be honest I never noticed anything really...unusual (well baring that one scene in Unleashed's opening...you know the one). I do agree with the aforementioned comment about needing to show more pearly whites, needs more 'gonna fuck your shit up' grin.

This looks like the same ol smexy normal smile to me ;)

There is nothing wrong with Sonic's mouth. I, too, would love to see more of the old cocky tooth-flashing grin, but I don't think anything's wrong with the recent closed-mouth smiles.

Also the Nike grin is hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 3

The only thing that bothers me about Sonic's mouth nowadays is that they use the sidemouth all the time. It looks fine when you're seeing him from an angle (and maybe when he's trying to look particularly smug), but straight on it just looks weird. They really ought to build a third center mouth and switch between the three, rather than just having left and right.

I think we're the only fanbase that complains about characters' mouths.

I think the odd part about his mouth is that it protrudes at the edges like he has some sort of small lips. Yes it makes sense for him to have lips, but in the end it looks a little bit odd.

Otherwise, no I see nothing wrong with it. I think Sonic's very fitting with a side-mouth at all times. It just looks better on his muzzle than anything else.

• Thumbs Up 2

The only thing that bothers me about Sonic's mouth nowadays is that they use the sidemouth all the time. It looks fine when you're seeing him from an angle (and maybe when he's trying to look particularly smug), but straight on it just looks weird. They really ought to build a third center mouth and switch between the three, rather than just having left and right.

I think we're the only fanbase that complains about characters' mouths.

• Thumbs Up 4

I do think Sonic's mouth is weird on 3D artwork.

You can see his lower lip.

That's really awkward. It makes his smile look kind of forced, instead of a "cool" or "happy" smile like on 2D artwork and cutscenes.

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly don't see anything wrong with it at all. His smile has always looked fine to me, nothing to really fix or change there..

Retro covered the eyelids and shoes.

The Sega forums covered the brow, eyes, and teeth (or lack of).

And SSMB has the mouth. facepalmua8.gif

I really wish I was making this up.

Retro covered the eyelids and shoes.

The Sega forums covered the brow, eyes, and teeth (or lack of).

And SSMB has the mouth. facepalmua8.gif

I really wish I was making this up.

SEGA Forum also had a full, feature-length thread just about whether or not Wave is wearing a shirt...

Pure gold right there, ^^

• Thumbs Up 1

Are-You-Fucking-Kidding-Me-HD-by-CrusierPL.png

It's true though, there's some ppl who thinks the quills are too long.

(also post with just pictures are against the rules just so you know)