Awoo.

wtf is wrong with sonic's mouth nowadays?

McGroose

SEGA Forum also had a full, feature-length thread just about whether or not Wave is wearing a shirt...

Pure gold right there, ^^

Oh ya I read all of the pages on that...he's not wearing a shirt....Was wondering If I should have joined the forum just to talk back to that one topic I've also seen your rouge art to real nice :) (I think it's yours)

It's true though, there's some ppl who thinks the quills are too long.

(also post with just pictures are against the rules just so you know)

oh...um....

Are-You-Fucking-Kidding-Me-HD-by-CrusierPL.png

(this post has words so it's all good :D)

I dunno in certain angles it kind of works.

sonic-colours-cutscene.png

here it doesn't look that awkward, at least compared to some of Unleashed's cutscenes.

In that case it makes sense. It's an aside, he's specifically speaking away from the other characters, and he's being snarky. It's an appropriate time to use the sidemouth.

Most of the rest of the time, tho'...it's like, why has Sonic unhinged his jaw just to make casual conversation?

I bet there's someone reading our posts and thinking we're so uptight and stupid.... debating about a character's mouth... it boggles the mind.

SEGA Forum also had a full, feature-length thread just about whether or not Wave is wearing a shirt...

Pure gold right there, ^^

Please don't bring that up again.

In that case it makes sense. It's an aside, he's specifically speaking away from the other characters, and he's being snarky. It's an appropriate time to use the sidemouth.

Most of the rest of the time, tho'...it's like, why has Sonic unhinged his jaw just to make casual conversation?

I dunno in Colors it just looks a lot less awkward, all things considered.

I bet there's someone reading our posts and thinking we're so uptight and stupid.... debating about a character's mouth... it boggles the mind.

Please don't bring that up again.

I aint complaining just wondering why they added that detail xD

Just cause it's part of his design. Side mouth is used for cool/mature characters, while the rest are generally younger/cuter and so have a centre one (the exceptions are characters with different structures and Blaze). Sonic looks better with a side mouth

The only problem I have with his mouth is that it looks like he have lips, when he doesn't. On the Joypolis 20th Anni' figure they have his a top lip and it looks like he's lost his dentures or something. They got C.Sonic's mouth right though.

i prefer this face

sonic__s_troll_face_by_sonictehawesomeface-d3flnf5.png

officer

Sonic 4 episode II logo

look closely... YELLOW EYES RUINED FOREVA!!

Retro covered the eyelids and shoes.

The Sega forums covered the brow, eyes, and teeth (or lack of).

And SSMB has the mouth. facepalmua8.gif

I really wish I was making this up.

And you always complain on complainers, regardless of forum. XP

Anyway I think it might have to do something with the lower lip's shadow...

Just cause it's part of his design.
"It's my style!" doesn't work any better for professional artists than for amateurs.

Sonic looks better with a side mouth
You really don't think it looks strange straight on? Again, I'm not entirely against the sidemouth, I just think they should also have a frontmouth for when you're looking at him head on.

"It's my style!" doesn't work any better for professional artists than for amateurs.

You really don't think it looks strange straight on? Again, I'm not entirely against the sidemouth, I just think they should also have a frontmouth for when you're looking at him head on.

Not "it's my style" at all. It's part of his design. Like I said, different characters have different mouth placement, and it makes sense when you list them. They tackled the side-mouth issue with Unleashed. In an interview once, someone (I think Hashimoto, the director) said they specifically created a system so that Sonic's mouth always appears on the side, because that how he's supposed to look. And nah, I don't think it looks weird straight on. Not in the newer games that have good animations and models. The side-mouths in Heroes' CG movies looked bad.

i prefer this face

officer

Get the f**k out of here.

Don't worry, mods, he knows what I mean. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

I detached no problems here with sonic's mouth or grin. :mellow:

Apart from that Sonic Trollface, God that burns my eyes! :blink:

Guys this is getting image heavy isn't yet? Pelly was pretty clear that we need to lay off the image posts.

Yeah, when people complain about the mouth it's just because SEGA insists on giving him those strange lips which either make his mouth look like genitalia do to being sideways, or makes him look pouty all the time.

All the rest is good.

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't think the lip looks weird, it makes his mouth look like it's really there, rather than painted on. Ever sinse Sonic 4 I've been going "what are you guys talking about? It looks fine! :U"

And for people who want toothy grin Sonic back, we've got him on Colors' and Generations' boxes.

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't think the lip looks weird, it makes his mouth look like it's really there, rather than painted on. Ever sinse Sonic 4 I've been going "what are you guys talking about? It looks fine! :U"

And for people who want toothy grin Sonic back, we've got him on Colors' and Generations' boxes.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

Do most characters in the sonic series have side mouths? Tails has a regular mouth, Amy sometimes(or most times) Knuckles,Silver and shadow have side mouths. What do you guys think?

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

i prefer this face

officer

If Sonic gets another redesign, that's what his face should look like.

• Thumbs Up 3

If Sonic gets another redesign, that's what his face should look like.

every reviewer would give every sonic game a 9 out of 10 or higher just for dat face.

The core of the fanbase will self destruct though if it happens.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think we're the only fanbase that complains about characters' mouths.

Bitch Please, The Zelda fanbase is our equal in complaints.

TpLinkSsLink-1.jpg

Anyway, I always did think as of Sonic Heroes, the characters mouths have not quite looked right. I don't care if his smirk is always on the side of his face in the 2D artwork. It shouldn't be on the side of face when he is talking. It looks weird as hell. They had it right in Sonic Adventure 2. He had a mouth on the front of his face as he was talking, but in the scene where he was sky diving, and the scene where he thought he had Eggman fooled into excepting a fake chaos emerald, he smirked with his mouth on the side.

...though this seems to be talking more about the artwork than the in game graphics... they just gave his lower lip more definition. In other words, they conformed changed from 2D artwork that looked cool and stylish to CG renders of the characters that lack charm

• Thumbs Up 2

His face suffers from facial seizures and STD's in the mouth.

Unfortunately he only has a few years left...

... To finish with therapy and treatment, what did you think I ment? (Insert troll face here *problem?*)