Awoo.

wtf is wrong with sonic's mouth nowadays?

McGroose

If those were individual quills, then that means they extend all the way to his eyebrows.

I__m_Sonic___Close_Up_by_Hafu_Inuyasha.j

Hair, not quills.

Now, if they did end up changing it so that the hairs become "quills," I don't think it would matter much unless they go so far as to make them look different enough that it's glaringly obvious.

eb7f69dcebb69a1d56a247ddf1c3250213578749

*shudders*

• Thumbs Up 3

People care about Sonic. That's why they discuss Sonic. On a Sonic board. You don't want to fit in a "why should anyone care about eye colour" in there that post too?

• Thumbs Up 1

If Sonic's spines were actually made up of lots of little spines clumped together, surely the texture would be on Classic Sonic too?

wus1.png

Also of note is that Modern Tails has the same texture, but Classic Tails is smooth like Classic Sonic is.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Sonic's spines were actually made up of lots of little spines clumped together, surely the texture would be on Classic Sonic too?

*image*

Also of note is that Modern Tails has the same texture, but Classic Tails is smooth like Classic Sonic is.

86Gkgvw.png

He literally has 2 spines branching off from the main ones in the Sonic Boom preview. Each redesign is different, and comparing them isn't really getting us anywhere. I think that there have been many different official takes on who Sonic is and how he should look, with classic they wanted a very cartoony feel, and now they're edging towards this odd combination of realism and cartoony.

Those designs weren't done my Sonic team though, so I don't know how "official" they are. Even if it is the design for boom, the whole Archie series isn't considered "official" in SoJ's eyes is it?

I know it's ridiculous right? Next thing you know people will be complaining about his eyes or something.

But that was already done. We complained about green eyes. 

Those designs weren't done my Sonic team though, so I don't know how "official" they are. Even if it is the design for boom, the whole Archie series isn't considered "official" in SoJ's eyes is it?

If the Sonic the Hedgehog IP is being used with the legal consent of SEGA, then I consider it to be official.

Archie is wierd, SoA are fully accepting I believe, it's more SoJ who have the problem I think , I could be wrong though. I just know SoJ are veh picky when it comes to outside influences

What, nobody likes Sonic's lipstick? :P

I think his mouth looks okay, a little off in the Lost World box art though.

On the subject of his mouth - if you look at some of the classic Sonic art from back in the 90's, the colouring around his mouth is airbrushed. It kind of looks like what they do now for his mouth. 

I personally never found his mouth weird at all.. except for that one cutscene in Adventure. You know the one I'm talking about.

I would say if they had to do it in some circumstances. Sonic Adventure 2 did it multiple ways. While running aside the prez's limo he did that sideways trademark smirk then when he jumped in he has his mouth straight ahead opened.

"Eggman Empire. Yeah right!"

Sonic isn't perfect thats for sure. You can expect in the future of Sonic somehow readjusting Sonic's iconic look to please the masses...........or don't...>.>; There are some parts that were alright then some just plain awful. Just for once I would like to see Sonic standing face forward with both eyes focused down front and pointing while his mouth is underneath his nose and not opened very wide or awkward like.

"Eggman! Kidnapping Amy is so cliche! Why don't you just stop this act and get Metal Sonic out here so I can pummel him to dust!?"

Promotional art can sometimes be kinda off in some games making the character not match how he,she,or it usually looks like. Really not that big of a deal. I don't really think when it comes to the Sonic promotional art people will focus on the mouth. But I do agree that the Sonic 4 title has something kinda off with it. Most likely the fact that Modern Sonic is inside the emblem instead of Classic Sonic. Doesn't really match him.

I personally never found his mouth weird at all.. except for that one cutscene in Adventure. You know the one I'm talking about.

edCRh.png

Nightmares.