Awoo.

Which Sonic games made you rage?

thedarkknight

Mine's are:

Sonic Rivals 2, I hated getting my ass kicked in Knock outs or by Silver in a race with his Esp powers.

Sonic Unleashed, the Werehog stages pissed me off, it's a crappy Devil May Cry rip-off

Sonic Adventure DX, I hate playing as Big or Amy, they are useless and whiny

Many Sonic games in which you can drown (Sonic Rush, Advance etc), I hate drowning to my death just 1 second before I can breath again

Every stage with snow and slippery surfaces, it annoys me when I fall to my death

Edited by thedarkknight

Trying to "A" rank Final Fortress with Team Dark.

I had Heroes for nearly 7 years AND I STILL CANT DO IT!!!!!

Oh god in sonic 06, I remember playing the Sonic speed part of that castle ruins level...took me 20 lives to make it to the end so thats 4 continues....I got so pissed off...after finishing the level I got ranked a "C" which is really the ranking this game deserves. With a minus next to it.

Edited by Mephiles550
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

That time in Chaotix where you can't build up enough momentum to run up one wall after another. Oh and, that time in Chaotix where you can't build up enough momentum to run up one wall after another. And let's not forget that time in Chaotix where you can't build up enough momentum to run up one wall after another.

5 starring anything in Black Night is also more hassle than it's worth. It's not fun, and where you need to improve is so unclear. Strange, cause I liked perfecting my runs in SatSR. Rage-inducing as it was, that game was at least fun.

Edited by Blue Blood

Both Storybook games whilst trying to achieve Gold Medals/Five Star Ratings respectively. Most of the missions command absolute perfect playing and intricate knowledge of skill usage and items in SatBK's case as the requirements for Golds/Five Stars are extremely strict. Took a lot of self control not to throw the Wii Remote across the room :lol: It was worth all the rage though.

I guess I'll be the first to say it........the barrel from sonic 3 (not really just never figured out how to get past it in my childhood until I discovered youtube.)

06 loading screens. You can squeeze some enjoyment out of the game but sitting in front of a blank screen for such a long period of time is just infuriating. Expecially during the handful of times where the game loads 1 line of text for a town mission, only to go back to the loading screen again. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF---

I also do like Sonic Shuffle (mostly for the multiplayer toybox mode) but the Com AI being able to see your hand is retarded. Com plays the game with a leg up, because they know that you have the card they need. Although when you beat the game, you feel like a big man.

Hehehe, my rage knows no bounds. First off...

Sonic Rivals 1 and 2: Even though I like both games a lot, due to the competitive nature of the gameplay, I've wanted to throw my PSP against the wall numerous times.

Sonic Heroes: There is a spring in one of Team Dark's stages which, I shit you not, exists for no other purpose than to fucking kill you. With no chance of survival. Its in one of the Rail Canyon level, and what makes it even worse, is that the spring doesn't kill you if you are playing as any other team, but instead sends you back to a platform. Safe and sound. Seriously, fuck this game.

Sonic Unleashed: Everything about the final boss made me wish the game never existed in the first place. From the tedious as fuck fight as the giant golem, to the terribly designed race sections as Sonic, to the single worst executed Super Sonic battle I've ever played... Dark Gaia was just a nightmare of bad and poorly executed ideas. And thanks to not being able to control Super Sonic for jack shit, it was also probably the hardest boss I've ever even faced in a Sonic game, for all the wrong reasons.

Oh, and if you lose all your lives, you have to go ALL THE FUCKING WAY BACK TO THE EGG DRAGOON! Fuck this game too. Fuck it with your cock still numb from Heroes so that you don't feel the sting quite as much, though.

Sonic Chronicles: This comic sums up the game better than I ever could.

4.jpeg

Sonic Spinball: This whole game gave me nightmares as a kid due to just how insanely obtuse everything was. I finally attempted to beat the game this month, just so I'd have the satisfaction of knowing I'd beat every Genesis Sonic game (Mean Bean Machine doesn't count) fairly and squarely on my actual Genesis. The final boss, however, almost made it an impossibility. I beat the game, but I STILL have NO CLUE how to get Robotnik to lower his defenses so you can hit him. I ended up playing the level for over thirty minutes without dying, and just got lucky at some point. There was much rejoicing afterwards.

And those are all the big rage moments. There are more times when I got angry, but these were the moments that had me screaming my head off, or quitting a game entirely in the case of Chronicles.

Edited by Legendary Emerald
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Bad Quality Post 1

how the hell could I forget to mention the silver battle in 06 NOTHING(with the exception of sling pod galaxy from mario galaxy) IS THAT BAD!

skip to 2:43 to see how well built the silver fight is.

Silvers ball puzzle in 2006 was annoying as hell, but didn't quite make me rage as hard as getting the medals to move through the stages in Unleashed. It was as if the game was punishing me for trying to rush through the werehog segments to play the daytime stages, which is why I hold the game in such a low regard. I've been meaning to replay it, but can't bring myself to do it, fuck those medals, they killed the game for me and made me rage furiously to the point where I may have said '06 was better game... :/

how the hell could I forget to mention the silver battle in 06 NOTHING(with the exception of sling pod galaxy from mario galaxy) IS THAT BAD!

skip to 2:43 to see how well built the silver fight is.

Edited by thedarkknight
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sonic 1- Labyrinth Zone. Every. Single. Bit. Of. It. I mean, I found Scrap Brain and Star Light Zone easier! (Those 2 I beat in 1 day. Labyrinth Zone, however, took MONTHS!)

Sonic 2- Wing Fortress Zone. I hate the entire level, but the boss is what I hate most.

Sonic 3- Marble Garden Act 2 Boss (Sonic or Tails). 'Nuff said.

SA2- Final Rush, Security Hall, Meteor Herd, Mad Space, and The Biolizard.

Sonic Heroes- Bullet Station (Team Sonic). I'm still stuck on it.

This just proves how awesome Silver is. Silver > Sonic

Trollface.png

If you are using the PS3 version, go to Gamefaqs and get the 100% save files and replay the Daytime stages.

Who is silver...? OOOOOOOHH the shinny silverish one...silly that things called pothead the porcupine 8D

EDIT: Wrong topic. Anyways, to get on topic I would have to say Sonic 06.

Because of this:

princess_elise.png

Edited by Ishtar
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

EDIT: Wrong topic. Anyways, to get on topic I would have to say Sonic 06.

Because of this:

princess_elise.png

You could just pick amy in the love challenge as sonic before getting into the soleana/castle ruins level or whatever it was called (anyone remember the name?)

This just proves how awesome Silver is. Silver > Sonic

Trollface.png

I know right, that badass from johto really tops that hedgehog any day

• Thumbs Up 1

Are we talking games that were overall rage inducing? I've got a few:

Sonic Spinball: I cannot play this for crap. Every time I try I end up going nowhere on the first table before I just quit.

Sonic 3D Blast: I just can't get used to the crappy isometric controls. Never beat the second boss.

Sonic Adventure: Mostly just those horrible fishing levels and when the camera screws me over. Bottomless pits also get me raging.

Sonic Adventure 2: Bottomless pits, crappy camera and crappy treasure hunting levels.

Sonic Heroes: I hate this game. Crappy controls, crappy camera, terrible voice acting (This is the only game where the voices actually irritate me) and freaking bottomless pits EVERYWHERE. I rage quit on rail canyon.

Sonic Unleashed: Horrible, Boring and cheap night stages, Bottomless pits everywhere in day stages and QTEs. I HATE QTEs. Bottomless pit + QTE = RAGEQUIT.

Sonic 4 Ep:1: The controls in the iPod version are HORRIBLE. So many cheap, unfair deaths because I would end up spindashing to the left when I tried to jump to the right. I can't beat the final boss in part because I just can't control sonic.

You could just pick amy in the love challenge as sonic before getting into the soleana/castle ruins level or whatever it was called (anyone remember the name?)

I'm not a SonAmy fan.

• Thumbs Up 1

Are we talking games that were overall rage inducing? I've got a few:

Sonic Spinball: I cannot play this for crap. Every time I try I end up going nowhere on the first table before I just quit.

Sonic 3D Blast: I just can't get used to the crappy isometric controls. Never beat the second boss.

Sonic Adventure: Mostly just those horrible fishing levels and when the camera screws me over. Bottomless pits also get me raging.

Sonic Adventure 2: Bottomless pits, crappy camera and crappy treasure hunting levels.

Sonic Heroes: I hate this game. Crappy controls, crappy camera, terrible voice acting (This is the only game where the voices actually irritate me) and freaking bottomless pits EVERYWHERE. I rage quit on rail canyon.

Sonic Unleashed: Horrible, Boring and cheap night stages, Bottomless pits everywhere in day stages and QTEs. I HATE QTEs. Bottomless pit + QTE = RAGEQUIT.

Sonic 4 Ep:1: The controls in the iPod version are HORRIBLE. So many cheap, unfair deaths because I would end up spindashing to the left when I tried to jump to the right. I can't beat the final boss in part because I just can't control sonic.

After Reading this It makes me laugh that were celebrating a video game characters 20th anniversary when huge portions of the fanbase only like the first or 2nd half of the 20 years and plenty of the fanbase dislikes about 35-40% of all the stuff related that came from him XD no offense. I also hate quick time events to...Since I always got to try to be a perfectionist If I die on things like QTE I always gotta restart to get the S rank DX

I'm not a SonAmy fan.

You trolling with me or something...? Oh wait I saw your signature I didn't read it right it said SonaLmy fan forever my bad.

Edited by Mephiles550
  • Thumbs Up 1

You trolling with me or something...? Oh wait I saw your signature I didn't read it right it said SonaLmy fan forever my bad.

What? No no, it says SonAmy. I just picked that signature because I had nothing else in mine. Other than that, I'm a ShadAmy fan.

• Thumbs Up 1

This fanbase, this fanbase is a game in itself. Sonic games are diverse, they've always been gimmicky, with only the console's limiting the desires of the developers, this has caused the fanbase to be so damn diverse that arguing becomes a game, you either agree to disagree, or continue arguing about a damn video game series.

... Opinions SUCK.

What? No no, it says SonAmy. I just picked that signature because I had nothing else in mine. Other than that, I'm a ShadAmy fan.

The joke is that if you put an "L" in Sonamy, you get "Sonlamy". Which means, "Sonamy is lame".

He doesn't agree with you, go kill him for his different opinions.

Edited by SuperClassic
  • Thumbs Up 4

The joke is that if you put an "L" in Sonamy, you get "Sonlamy". Which means, "Sonamy is lame".

He doesn't agree with you, go kill him for his different opinions.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Unleashed. Eggmanland. Hot dog mission. The last slidy tube with the fans.

A goddamn fan pushed me through the wall.

I was safe, damn it. I was safe.

• Thumbs Up 1

I raged when there was no Sonic x Elise sex scene in 06

And when I realized I need fucking Chao emblems to get GHZ in SA2.

• Thumbs Up 3