Awoo.

Multiple Characters

thedarkknight

Well if people like "different" then why were they bashing alternative gameplay in the first place.

She's not an alternate gameplay though. Her levels don't involve shooting, or treasure hunting, her levels are the same as Sonic's getting to the end of the stage while racking up points.

When I say different I mean she doesn't have all the basic abilities that Sonic has(Spin Dash, Spin Jump), her attacks are triggered and that what makes it different.

She's not an alternate gameplay though. Her levels don't involve shooting, or treasure hunting, her levels are the same as Sonic's getting to the end of the stage while racking up points.

When I say different I mean she doesn't have all the basic abilities that Sonic has(Spin Dash, Spin Jump), her attacks are triggered and that what makes it different.

Ah. I see now. But when I think about it we dont have many "different characters" in series. Its like Amy and Silver (and Big but I dont think he is a good example :)

Well its just about gameplay. If they make her a bit faster (in SA1 her speed was iritating at some points) then I am ok with it. Same for Silver just give him Sonic formula but with more enemy fighting (and pshychokinesis abilities (no spindash))

• Thumbs Up 1

I dont know why people want Amy to be playable. She isnt fast and her only special is her hammer. She is more of a story character.

Gee, I don't know maybe it's because for starters I like playing with a character that actually gives me an enjoyable & fun challenge, or maybe because she, unlike the others, has her own unique moveset that gives her an identity of her own. I mean in 2-D the abilities for Tails are:

*Spindash.

*Fly/swim.

*Carry Sonic around.

For Knuckles we have:

*Spindash (again)

*glide.

*wall climbing.

*breaking walls.

*floating on the surface of the water.

While Amy has:

*Hammer jump.

*Hammer whirl.

*Ground/Aerial hammer attacks (with more range than the insta-shield)

*Giant steps.

*Head Slide.

*Hitting springs to quickly reach heights that not even Tails can. (one of my favorite gimmicks since it adds interaction with an element of the levels)

So yeah, she may only have the hammer but that thing allows her to have a more versatile moveset when compared to the other two which is something I like because from there I can have moves that I can adapt to my needs depending on the situation, like for example allow me to take on complex platforming sections in a very efficient way (that still requires skill) instead of having cheap ones that kill off said element. Heck even speed is not that much of a deal once you master her since abilities like the hammer jump when executed to get out of a loop or in a downward slope will give you additional speed as well as her giant steps give you a small boost in tight areas without sacrificing speed or having to go into a stop. Now against bosses she, for a character that is supposed to be weak, defeats them faster than the other characters.

So there, before saying that a character is useless (which is what I pretty much got from your post), please do a research of how they perform in games other than the adventure series. However since yoyu made a question now it's my turn to do one as well: Why would I want to play with characters that feel too similar to Sonic when I can instead play with Sonic himself?

Edited by Skull Leader

Gee, I don't know maybe it's because for starters I like playing with a character that actually gives me an enjoyable & fun challenge, or maybe because she, unlike the others, has her own unique moveset that gives her an identity of her own. I mean in 2-D the abilities for Tails are:

*Spindash.

*Fly/swim.

*Carry Sonic around.

For Knuckles we have:

*Spindash (again)

*glide.

*wall climbing.

*breaking walls.

*floating on the surface of the water.

While Amy has:

*Hammer jump.

*Hammer whirl.

*Ground/Aerial hammer attacks (with more range than the insta-shield)

*Giant steps.

*Head Slide.

*Hitting springs to quickly reach heights that not even Tails can. (one of my favorite gimmicks since it adds interaction with an element of the levels)

So yeah, she may only have the hammer but that thing allows her to have a more versatile moveset when compared to the other two which is something I like because from there I can have moves that I can adapt to my needs depending on the situation, like for example allow me to take on complex platforming sections in a very efficient way (that still requires skill) instead of having cheap ones that kill off said element. Heck even speed is not that much of a deal once you master her since abilities like the hammer jump when executed to get out of a loop or in a downward slope will give you additional speed as well as her giant steps give you a small boost in tight areas without sacrificing speed or having to go into a stop. Now against bosses she, for a character that is supposed to be weak, defeats them faster than the other characters.

So there, before saying that a character is useless (which is what I pretty much got from your post), please do a research of how they perform in games other than the adventure series. However since yoyu made a question now it's my turn to do one as well: Why would I want to play with characters that feel too similar to Sonic when I can instead play with Sonic himself?

I just knew you would join discussion after I mentioned Amy. I JUST KNEW! (no ofense I like echanging opinions)

For start I meant Amy in 3D titles. Her only good 3D appearance (in gameplay) was Adventure (heroes not count and 06 was... No comment) thats why I mentioned it.

Second thing I played Advances and enjoyed them. I considerated Amy as some kind of Hard Mode. I am gamer who likes challenge thats why enjoyed her gameplay. But it was in 2D and I was talking about 3D gameplay.

Problem with Her 3D gameplay is her speed. If they fix it we would have pretty decent gameplay wise character.

About last line. I liked alternative gameplay but majority of the fanbase dont. Thats why I try to make my ideas appeal to everyone. We just need to use every charcter unique abilities (Silvers psychokinesis, Sonic speed, Shadow chaos powers, Tails flying, Knuckles climbing and gliding and Amy hammer) because without them they will become reskin of Sonic.

I hope you understand :)

Edited by HUNTER297