Awoo.

Look at this!

Dreadknux

Hey everyone! With updated forum software comes updated responsibility... or something. Unfortunately, during the update the Invision Board people created a new skin (as you can see). This has effectively knackered support for all the Sonic skins we had previously made. Sucks a bit, I know.

On the other hand, there's an opportunity to give the SSMB something of a lil' updated makeover whilst adopting these new changes and features. I'll be working here and there over the week on tweaking a few things, so please excuse the dust - and hang in there while everything looks so strange/default.

• Thumbs Up 8

A word of warning: DO NOT try to change back to Sonical, or any of the other skins - they're all broken, and they don't let you change to the new skin - I found that one out the hard way...

• Thumbs Up 1

I found it weird at first but now I'm totally cool with the new layout etc. I just wish it loaded faster cos it's being stupidly slow for me.

No offense but, my nerdy eyes that never see the sun, they burn! Too much white. ;w; Though it's kinda ironic because it takes me back to when people complained about the Sonic(OLD) skin being too dark after it was first implemented years ago. :v

I guess I'll manage though as I know you guys are doing the best you can.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey everyone! With updated forum software comes updated responsibility... or something. Unfortunately, during the update the Invision Board people created a new skin (as you can see). This has effectively knackered support for all the Sonic skins we had previously made. Sucks a bit, I know.

On the other hand, there's an opportunity to give the SSMB something of a lil' updated makeover whilst adopting these new changes and features. I'll be working here and there over the week on tweaking a few things, so please excuse the dust - and hang in there while everything looks so strange/default.

I might get flak for this one but: if we're effectively using a new rep system, wouldn't it be a good idea to reset everyone's rep?

Otherwise we kinda need negrep back.

EDIT: Also I see the update has buggered up the distinction between avatars and profile photos. You might want to make that one a priority.

Edited by Velotix Lexovetikan
  • Thumbs Up 1

I agree with Inferno too much white, the old was one was better. It was my favourite Forum layout of any I go to actually.

Also the Status Updates dissapeared for some reason.

As I've always said about FaceBook: there needs to be a "dislike" button - and both it and the +rep function need to be unlimited.

• Thumbs Up 1

I might get flak for this one but: if we're effectively using a new rep system, wouldn't it be a good idea to reset everyone's rep?

Otherwise we kinda need negrep back.

EDIT: Also I see the update has buggered up the distinction between avatars and profile photos. You might want to make that one a priority.

Also it would be nice if people realised that this theme is the default one that comes with IPB, and is therefore temporary.

In other words, complaining about the theme is pointless, because it isn't staying.

Why was there a need to update the board? i mean it wasn't that outdated was it? now the rep system is gone and all the skins are broken again and already we were trying to recover from the first board upgrade.

Why was there a need to update the board? i mean it wasn't that outdated was it? now the rep system is gone and all the skins are broken again and already we were trying to recover from the first board upgrade.

The last board iteration was plenty damn recovered if you ask me.

Chillax. IPB is an incredibly flexible software. Much of what you'll be seeing here will be drastically altered, removed or restored by the time the board recovers. This is just an incentive enough to freshen up a bit.

Also the rep system isn't gone. It still exists but there's no way to remove rep right now, but such functions should easily be able to be restored.

Oh, bugger, it didn't conveniently forget that I'm no longer allowed to use the PM system - that's a disappointment...

The last board iteration was plenty damn recovered if you ask me.

I ment skin-wise. we only had like 2 stable skins before and the rest were usable but unstable. how long will it take to get NEWsonical working in 3.2?

Its a shock really i leave for an hour and a half and when i come back the whole board is flipped upside down. its lucky that i was playing around with a demo version of 3.2 yesterday so i know a few ropes. but i'm still kind of curious as to the upgrade though? was allot more added that felt it was a needed upgrade from 3.1? or was it just spur of the moment thing?

What's it meant to say? I went back from Founder to Admin a while ago. smile.gif

Oh right. The member title. :P Well, hold onto your spats, and I'll try and get it sexy again.

Edited by Dreadknux

It's funny; I tend to like really monochromatic skins. When it gets all fancy and shit is when I find the blackest or whitest skin or simply change back to the default. I'm okay with this, minus a few issues I figured would be sorted out later anyways.

Can the avatars go back to their old sizes with a different skin?

Also, multi-quote is a lot better now.

I don't think Dreadknux's title is correct. Anyone else agree?

Oh great, no you can see I liked your post :-( How embarrasing unsure.gif

I ment skin-wise. we only had like 2 stable skins before and the rest were usable but unstable. how long will it take to get NEWsonical working in 3.2?

Its a shock really i leave for an hour and a half and when i come back the whole board is flipped upside down. its lucky that i was playing around with a demo version of 3.2 yesterday so i know a few ropes. but i'm still kind of curious as to the upgrade though? was allot more added that felt it was a needed upgrade from 3.1? or was it just spur of the moment thing?

Yeah, we never got an updated Oil 'N' Rum :(

Edited by Marcellof

Please let there be a way to increase the number of status updates that display in the bar

That is all I care about

I need my sexy status update parties

I SEE YOU LIKING MY POST INFERNO GATO AND MARCELLO thanks, it's nice to be liked :>

Edited by Noire
  • Thumbs Up 9

Please let there be a way to increase the number of status updates that display in the bar

That is all I care about

I need my sexy status update parties

Now the people who are on during the day can see all our late night sexy status parties.

I feel so expewsed. 0o0

I SEE YOU LIKING MY POST INFERNO GATO AND MARCELLO thanks, it's nice to be liked :>

N- no! All my forum crushes will now be revealed! 0o0

Yeah, we never got an updated Oil 'N' Rum sad.gif

And I never got my All of angst Shadow skin back. liek, at all. ;w;

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 2