Awoo.

Look at this!

Dreadknux

I'm liking this... err... "like" option, because it shows who agrees with an opinion, and that means we can (or rather, we should) avoid making many posts that just say "I agree with this" :V

• Thumbs Up 2

I haz a theme but then I ate it. :V *Nom*

Honestly, I'm cool with this. Sure I like my previous theme more, but I patient. Heck, I could probably get use to this! I already like the Like This button over the pos/nep one. I think it's cool that you can see who likes your posts. Wouldn't mind if this feature stays, personally.

No because now it's Facebook.

Facebook_Like_thumbs_up_small.png YoshiUnity likes this.

Now it's Facebook. :P

• Thumbs Up 5

It also means that NONE OF YOU ARE COWARDS. ONLY REAL MEN PUT THEIR NAME DOWN FOR A LIKE. Or something.

About the slowness, guys, we hear ya and we're on it - it's something to do with the search indexing on the forum. At the latest, it'll probably get much faster in about a day or so. Bmn might be able to explain further if I'm talking out of my butt about this though.

• Thumbs Up 4

Facebook_Like_thumbs_up_small.png YoshiUnity likes this.

Now it's Facebook. tongue.gif

Nope, still can't poke your grandma using this.

Also, regarding avatar sizes, blame Invision for wanting to be like Facebook more. They don't see a need for a separate avatar any more, or specifying your own width for things. Eventually, someone will end up making a modification that allows URL-based avatars and height/width specifications.

EDIT: Turns out that they'll be offering admin width editing for 3.2.1. Not exactly the solution, and it makes things like Facebook again, but it'll be better than an ordinary square.

Edited by Spanner
  • Thumbs Up 1

It also means that NONE OF YOU ARE COWARDS. ONLY REAL MEN PUT THEIR NAME DOWN FOR A LIKE. Or something.

You wanna see who has balls of steel?

Add a "dislike" button.

But I don't think such a test of manliness would be able to compensate for all the shitstorms and drama that such a feature would cause.

• Thumbs Up 4

This new setup is incredibly confusing and hurts my poor, veteran SSMB-er eyes. I already miss the old layout.... which leads me to a question. Can we get the previous layout back anytime soon?

I don't really mind the new FB-ish things oh wait yes I do I want + and - rep back and my ability to post statuses ;_;

My head hurts ;___;

• Thumbs Up 2

Nope, still can't poke your grandma using this.

Also, regarding avatar sizes, blame Invision for wanting to be like Facebook more. They don't see a need for a separate avatar any more, or specifying your own width for things. Eventually, someone will end up making a modification that allows URL-based avatars and height/width specifications.

What the heck you talking about? if i don't get my exact dimensions back on my display its going to always look blurred and bloated.

Give me a disagreement tag and I'll be more then happy to disagree! But we are going to get the +/- rep system back right?

Hey is there anyway to get the old 3.1 skin ported? funny thing is that I've have got used to that skin and the way it worked.

Also, Auto new post update notification? thats going to annoy me a bit...

Lol these new upgrade bugs are hilarious. I was replying to a status and i thought i didn't click the first time because it didn't update with my post so i double clicked and the board decided to post my reply 12 times!

EDIT: Oh yeah the staus history do keep that its pretty awesome.

Edited by goku262002

How to legitimately dislike someone's post:

1. Click "Like" on the post that you want to dislike.
  2. Now click "Unlike".

*looks right an left*

We now know that whoever doesn't have any likes on a post actually has 200 unlikes.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

How to legitimately dislike someone's post:
  • Click "Like" on the post that you want to dislike.
  • Now click "Unlike".

Lemme see (for science!)

EDIT: it doesn't really shows that I unlike'd.

EDIT2: ffffffuuuuu.gif

Edited by gato

I'm going to be contrarian and list something I do like: During a fast reply, if someone posts, the forum updates you in real time, and you can click on it and see what's been posted without interrupting the reply process. That was pretty neat to see.

• Thumbs Up 2

It wouldn't be as bad if it actually upgraded stuff like the last time. Now this is just removing and changing things in non-beneficial ways. I know I may be one of the loudest (if not the loudest) person expressing my distaste for this new design at the moment, but honestly..

screwitIlikethisbetter.png

I love this. It's all widescreen, it's classy, it has everything right where you can get to it, and there's much more working features.. come on, guys. ;_;

I'm going to be contrarian and list something I do like: During a fast reply, if someone posts, the forum updates you in real time, and you can click on it and see what's been posted without interrupting the reply process. That was pretty neat to see.

I do agree to this, though. That's a really great change.

EDIT2: I'm just gonna mark out stuff for my retardation, because if things are gonna get somewhat back to how they were and this layout (not just skin) is only temporary, I'm cool beans.

Edited by Azukara

It wouldn't be as bad if it actually upgraded stuff like the last time. Now this is just removing and changing things in non-beneficial ways. I know I may be one of the loudest (if not the loudest) person expressing my distaste for this new design at the moment, but honestly..

If you read the very first post - like, the very first thing that is written in this topic - you'll know that I'm working on it. I like it when people read. Please be patient. ;)

• Thumbs Up 4

Amusingly, it took me a minute or two to even notice a change to the boards—I dislike any colour other than white when it comes to large amount of reading, so I changed the board to its default look long ago. It was only when I noticed the lack of a +/-rep button that I realized something had changed. tongue.gif

I like how smilies appear as actual smilies within the post box rather than text.

If you read the very first post - like, the very first thing that is written in this topic - you'll know that I'm working on it. I like it when people read. Please be patient. wink.gif

Which is why I struck out everything I posted beforehand, because I just had a fullon derp moment. Sorry boot that. :V

• Thumbs Up 1

Could take some getting used to..but it's not bad. Just gotta browse around for a little bit and get the hang of things and I'm pretty sure it'll feel like normal again soon. Though, I have to admit that I'm not a fan of the whole "liking" thing at all. I liked being able to rep people on whether their post was good and funny or just bad and ridiculous. Only having the option to "like" someone's post pretty much just takes away from that, but that's just how I see it. But, to be honest, that's really the only thing that's kind of iffy to me about this update. I know they're working on a skin, so I don't mind the blank everywhere for now, and the rest of the forum seems similar enough to what it used to be.

Oh, I'm going to like and appreciate the living crap out of you! >:U

[TESTOSTERONE LEVEL: 9000]

And that goes double for everyone else on here too! >8U

[TESTOSTERONE LEVEL: 9001+]

• Thumbs Up 1

Urm... I probably know the answer to this...

But profile comments, have they gone for good? And have the ones that were there been totally deleted?

You know, there's actually a lot of stuff that I like about this theme, temporary though it is. Obviously the now-accountable reputation system, but there is also a few here's and there's that I think are better. Like how the user controls are all compacted into the bar along the top of the site. Also like at the moment that Avatars are displayed on the index for the most recent post in a topic.

Not a complaint, just helping out by letting it be known: I'm currently unable to change my signature, trying to update just gives a "Sorry this page is unavaliable message" (the forum's own, not firefox).