Awoo.

Look at this!

Dreadknux

Anyone else having problems with the new design and Google Chrome? Clicking add/show comments does nothing and I cannot reach the "What's on your mind" bar within Chrome either.

I think the text field in the status bar was removed outright, but you can find it by simply clicking on your profile name at the top of the page.

I just have 3 complaints:

1. The status box is waaaay too small. It only shows 5 recent statuses. I don't remember how many were shown in the old layout, but I liked it better.

2. No dislike button.

3. The avatars look too small.

Other than that, I'm totally fine. I love, (and I mean SERIOUSLY LOVE) how you can see who liked your post. I'm not really liking the colors of the current layout, but if it's only temporary, I can wait ^-^ (EDIT: That was all messed up. I meant to say can, but I said can't. Sorry, fixed happy.gif)

Edited by TwoTailedFox

I don't have many problems with the new layout besides the loading. It was HORRIBLE for a while but now it seems to be fixed. Oh and the status box, needs more space for statuses on there.

Though it is funny that, since I just signed up late last night, once I finally get used to the forum layout it changes out of nowhere.

Edited by RedCap-BlueSpikes

Not really a fan of light skins but I do love upgrades and enhancements so I dont mind.

Edited by Shade ?

Nice upgrade! Where is the comment section in profiles? Is that gone for good?

One of the things I like the most about this update is the rep system now. You can only like. I like that! No more will there be negative rep, because a lot of people were abusing that and that wasn't good at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the text field in the status bar was removed outright, but you can find it by simply clicking on your profile name at the top of the page.

I figured that out while I was on my iPhone, however in Chrome, clicking just takes you to the profile rather than to the status bar. And speaking of iPhones, the new layout lags really, really badly my phone whereas the old site was wonderfully smooth.

Edited by Nepenthe

Is the old default IP Board skin gone for good, 'cause that's what I used all the time.

I figured that out while I was on my iPhone, however in Chrome, clicking just takes you to the profile rather than to the status bar. And speaking of iPhones, the new layout lags really, really badly my phone whereas the old site was wonderfully smooth.

Is Chrome up to date? (Click "About" if you're not sure) I just logged into SSMB using the current version of Chrome, and it didn't do that to me.

If it is up to date, maybe it's just the iPhone version. If it isn't, update and try again.

How do we post status updates? And ugh, I hope this is gone soon.

Go to the top of the page, and click your name. A drop down menu should appear. There will be a box that says "What's on your mind?" Click it, type what you want, and then click "Update".

• Thumbs Up 1

Go to the top of the page, and click your name. A drop down menu should appear. There will be a box that says "What's on your mind?" Click it, type what you want, and then click "Update".

Oh, I see it now. Thank you. I clicked "Like"....Facebook....

Oh, I see it now. Thank you. I clicked "Like"....Facebook....

You're welcome. And thank you for the like ^_^

Is the old default IP Board skin gone for good, 'cause that's what I used all the time.

Not sure. It's not compatible with 3.2 (as in "fatal error" not compatible), so it depends on whether someone's going to figure out how to port it.

lol for some reason... my signature appears to have melted, but everyone elses seems to be fine?

• Thumbs Up 1

This reminds me of when SSMB got wiped and we had to start all over again a few years ago, and it had that temporary wierd silver pattern and (if I remember correctly) the Zero Gravity header haha.

TBH the white doesn't bother me. I'm sure you guys will get the skins sorted out soon enough :)

Since no-one responded, can anyone confirm for me whether signature editing failure is an issue or whether it's just mine?

Since no-one responded, can anyone confirm for me whether signature editing failure is an issue or whether it's just mine?

I just edited my sig (really minor edit), no problems at all.

Edited by gato

I just edited mine no problem, and I'm using Firefox 5. I think you said awhile back that you're using Firefox. What version?

Edited by TwoTailedFox