Awoo.

Look at this!

Dreadknux

I just edited my sig (really minor edit), no problems at all.

No luck, my sig is completely within the rules (hell my new banner image is SMALLER than my current one). 8C Weird.

EDIT: Ohhhh that's a point I AM using Firefox 3. ...There's a 5 now? D8 I didn't wanna update to 4 because I didn't like the new layout and was too lazy to go through the modding process to make it look like 3. D= Maybe I should just upgrade and learn to deal with it.

Edited by JezMM

You guys are going to replace that stupid tagging bar with the old sub-title/topic description bar for making new topics correct? I'm starting to miss it now.

whats it doing on the top anyways it should be below the post your making instead of replacing the sub-title/topic description bar, silly IPB devs.

They are one and the same now it seems, and the default is your member photo. I had the same problem too - but try hitting Ctrl+F5 after updating your avatar. A full page refresh made me realise my avatar upload HAD been successful, just my cache was keeping the old one there.

Maybe you or someone else can help me then. I'm trying to get my usual avatar to display correctly. Now for some reason, it shows up fine on my profile page, but on forum posts, the avatar has a black background to it, and part of the name is cut off. It's an avatar with a transparent background.

Edited by Kevin

I'm willing to bet that a lot of the avatar issues are just related to the skin + default settings of the new install. I'd give them a few days to iron out all those bugs first. The avatar size itself seems to also have been downgraded since I remember them being bigger before. There are probably quite a few things that worked before that we won't see working for a bit until they have the time to sort through it all.

Edited by Punk

The new IP software uses avs as thumbnails that has (or will have) a function that lets you change the max width in posts. I think the SSMB admins will fix the max width aspect ratio once its integrated into the IP software, unless they'll add a bunch of custom code or revert many of the options of the previous iteration. The IP staff attested to that they pretty much Facebook'd the avatar system, and it didn't go down that well with the board consumers. I'm curious over how this one handles .gifs and transparencies though.

The new IP software uses avs as thumbnails that has (or will have) a function that lets you change the max width in posts. I think the SSMB admins will fix the max width aspect ratio once its integrated into the IP software, unless they'll add a bunch of custom code or revert many of the options of the previous iteration. The IP staff attested to that they pretty much Facebook'd the avatar system, and it didn't go down that well with the board consumers. I'm curious over how this one handles .gifs and transparencies though.

Edited by gato

<----- .gif here. all its doing is blowing my display out of whack and making it all blurry, i hate facebooks avatar system.

They are one and the same now it seems, and the default is your member photo. I had the same problem too - but try hitting Ctrl+F5 after updating your avatar. A full page refresh made me realise my avatar upload HAD been successful, just my cache was keeping the old one there.

I somewhat managed to get it, but I think the size is messing it up. The original photo is 150 X 31 pixels, but I'm having trouble getting it to resize properly to fit into the size the avatar wants it at. Is there someone that would be able to help me resize it properly?

Edit: Finally got the picture to the right size.

Edit 2:

I read a post this earlier that the function you described will be in 3.2.1.

Edited by Kevin

Now that I'm back on my own computer, has anyone solved the dilemma of getting the status window to maximize? Everytime I click the assumed button, it merely reloads the page.

I can't find the options that let you display signatures....

Also, the avatars are gone.... :(

I can't find the options that let you display signatures....

I just found this in the help section:

Ignore

The "ignore" tab allows you to configure your Ignore settings - you can choose to hide individual member's posts, signatures, chats, status updates, or other aspects of a member that you wish to hide.

I don't really think you have the "Ignore all signatures when reading topics" box checked, but you could give it a try if you want to.

EDIT2: Forgot to mention how to get there.

Click in your name in the top right corner of the screen >>> Manage Ignore Prefs.

Also, the avatars are gone.... sad.gif

The avatars and Profile pictures fused together.

Funny thing, most of you got the profile pic when the forum updated but I got my avatar. :U (I should have a bunny instead of "the alfalfa monster").

EDIT:

I don't like being ignored. D=

This is a temporal solution but you can check the calendar.

That thing was there before the update. wink.gif

I'm guessing we will have to wait for the new skins in order to be able to see the birthdays in the main page.

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just found this in the help section:

I don't really think you have the "Ignore all signatures when reading topics" box checked, but you could give it a try if you want to.

EDIT2: Forgot to mention how to get there.

Click in your name in the top right corner of the screen >>> Manage Ignore Prefs.

The avatars and Profile pictures fused together.

Funny thing, most of you got the profile pic when the forum updated but I got my avatar. :U (I should have a bunny instead of "the alfalfa monster").

EDIT:

This is a temporal solution but you can check the calendar.

That thing was there before the update. wink.gif

I'm guessing we will have to wait for the new skins in order to be able to see the birthdays in the main page.

It works! Thanks a bunch! ^_^

Hey is autofills working for you guys here? i cleaned out my cookies awhile ago and tried to sign in again via autofill and it just kept refreshing the page. damn it now i gotta login manually and i have a loooooooong fucking password.

Edited by goku262002

I was already logged in when I opened the page - although I thought at first I'd hit the wrong link. If I wanted to go to Facebook I'd go to Facebook. I DON'T want everywhere I go to look like Facebook! (Especially since I dislike it; but I hate media copy-catting even when all the TV shows etc are aping a formula I DO like.)

Anyway, I eagerly await restoration of a proper Sonic-themed skin. Can we get the cross-link at the bottom of the page back somehow? It's a nuisance to have to back out of the last thread on, say, Computer Games, out of Comp Games, back to SSMB and then work back down to Generations. It was a lot faster to just click straight to the Generations topic at the bottom of the last thread I read in some other topic.

I like the new layout of the IB skin -- it seems less cluttered than the old default. I wonder if multiquote isn't a piece of buggy shit now. ;p

I like the new layout of the IB skin -- it seems less cluttered than the old default. I wonder if multiquote isn't a piece of buggy shit now. ;p

I hope no one of you mind if I test the multiquotes here...

How do we post status updates? And ugh, I hope this is gone soon.

I don't like being ignored. D=

Hey is autofills working for you guys here? i cleaned out my cookies awhile ago and tried to sign in again via autofill and it just kept refreshing the page. damn it now i gotta login manually and i have a loooooooong fucking password.

You can use the Quick Navigation icon near the top of the page (next to View New Content) to do something similar.

Okay, I quoted 3 posts from this page and 1 post from page 4, Everything seems to be working except that I can't quote the quotes inside this posts. (ie: sonfan's post had a quote inside it) But I don't know if that's a problem or it always worked that way because I never bothered to use the quote buttons untill the update...

Also, to avoid making this post's only purpose the test of the quote system I would also like to report something, I don't know if it's just me but after the update I've realised I had all the notifications disabled.

I noticed this because a few hours ago I went to check someone's profile and I found myself in this user's friend list. (Usually when someone adds me in his/her friend list a notification appears)

Then of course I checked my settings and I noticed everything was disabled.

Edited by gato

I love the new edited by message. It looks like its out of the way unlike the last one that was too in the open and made the post obvious that it was edited especially since it doesn't give a time frame as to when the message will pop up after editing, it just does it as soon as its edited.

Edited by Shade ?

I just noticed I can't change how many posts are on a page. I'm used to having 40, now I can only have 20. Can this be changed when the new skin comes?