Awoo.

Sonic 4, SAS:ASR nominated for Golden Joystick Awards

Milo

http://www.tssznews....oystick-awards/

http://www.goldenjoystick.com/

Aside from those two Sonic titles, other Sega games as well are nominated for Golden Joysitcks too...

Sonic 4: Episode 1, Sega Rally Online Arcade - Nominees for Best Downloadable

Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing (iOS) - Nominee for Best Mobile Game

Total War: Shogun 2 - Nominee for Ultimate Game of the Year and Best Strategy

Aliens: Colonial Marines - Nominee for One to Watch

Yakuza 4 - Nominee for Best Action/Adventure

Vanquish - Nominee for Best Shooter

Other notable nominess for Best Downloadable are Minecraft, Limbo, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX.

Other notable competiton for Best Mobile Game are Cut the Rope, Street Fighter IV, and Fruit Ninja.

My posts from TSSZ:

Sonic 4: Episode 1 nominated for a Golden Joystick award? *facepalm*

That game is critically overrated. Compare it to the classics, and you’ll see how undeserving the game is not only for the award, but the title Sonic 4 itself.

There are much better quality titles that are more deserving for that award like Pac-Man Champoinship Edition DX and Limbo.

And it’s a damn shame there isn’t a best platformer category, if there was Sonic Colors could have been nominated for a Golden Joystick.

And even when not comparing it to the classics, Sonic 4: Episode 1 isn’t amazing. It’s just meh. Aside from the physics, only 5%-10% of the game has any originality whatsoever, and it fails to make up for that in replayability. After beating all the levels, there’s collecting the Chaos Emeralds/Super Sonic, leaderboards (which were easily hacked within weeks), and a small list of achievements/trophies. And that’s it. Nothing more.
Edited by Ananze

Other notable nominess for Best Downloadable are Minecraft, Limbo, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX.
Well there goes any chance of Sonic 4 getting that award. If even there were any chance to begin with.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Aside from those two Sonic titles, other Sega games as well are nominated for Golden Joysitcks too...

Other notable competiton for Best Mobile Game are Cut the Rope, Street Fighter IV, and Fruit Ninja.

does not compute

• Thumbs Up 2

Why does the OP's avatar fit so well here with this post?...

Well anyway, it really is ironic to see Sonic 4 being seen in such a positive light in spite of what most in the fanbase think. This really is bizarrro world in that sense. (although Sonic Colors kinda breaks that illusion)

Edit: My avatar, its...Gone! *echoes*

Edited by the blu blur

Still astounds me that Sonic 4 is going up against Minecraft, and Limbo. Such insanity this is...

My predictions (not personal choices) are:

Best downloadable - Minecraft

Best Mobile - Fruit Ninja

Ultimate Game of the Year - Ocarina 3D (maybe L.A Noire, though I still think it's not that great)

Best Action/ Adventure - Portal 2

Best Shooter - Call of Doody

One To Watch - Bioshock Infinite

So unfortunately...I can't see SEGA doing too well this year. :(

Sonic 4 is actually a pretty good game (which explains the positive light outside the fanbase). Its just horrible when presented as Sonic 4 specifically, which is a tidbit only us fans can appreciate.... or disapprove of in this case.

No way it walks away with top honors though.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Sonic 4 as a game in general or as a platformer in general is actually a pretty good game but comparing it to sonic 3 & knuckles I am dissapoint

I can excuse physics issues in sonic generations because think about. If sega kept on making games with the original gameplay STYLE but no the exact same code do you really expect the physics to be the same? If we got a game that was meant to be entirely sonic generations classic style with no changes I would care because like I said before. New games come new changes come. this is an ENTIRELY new game built from the ground up. Sonic 4 was based off the rush engine and had misleading marketing. My main problem with sonic 4 is that it's called sonic 4 really. As for the homing attack I liked how it was implemented into the game mario bros wii was fun because It added new stuff to the game but it played also similar to the originals. Sonic 4 tries to do the same thing but same thing but it was lazely made. The about 0.1 percent close to the classics. Which wouldn't be much of a problem but since it was called sonic the hedgehog 4 and the fact that it was said that it would play like the classic sonic games I just feel that the game should have been made by sonic team. I like the game and the pyhsics are easy to get used to but this is definitaly NOT how I wanted sonic 4 to be.

also why do you people complain about character design? *this is coming from someone who likes modern designs more*

Unless you want to plug it in under GOTY there really was no place to nominate Colors. No matter how you slice it, missing the cut on GOTY is not a slight to Colors.

ASR is going to win best mobile game over all the crappy high score timewasters nominated (well,apart from street fighter 4).

I'm also happy that Sonic 4 is being nominated. There, I said it.

On the subject of Sonic 4's quality issues, it's occurred to me that to the general person, Sonic 4 is a pretty fun game. To seasoned gamers, particularly Sonic fans, we're able to criticize the issues with physics and handling, but the average gamer seems to have a lot of fun with it regardless.

Besides, it's 2D Sonic. People eat that stuff right up. Sonic Colors was not nominated probably because it was simply 3D. Give it a few more 3D Sonic's and the myth that 3D Sonic is inherently poor should be removed eventually. Sonic's only now found his niche.

Besides, it's 2D Sonic. People eat that stuff right up. Sonic Colors was not nominated probably because it was simply 3D. Give it a few more 3D Sonic's and the myth that 3D Sonic is inherently poor should be removed eventually. Sonic's only now found his niche.

I don't have that kind of mindset that alot of people and critics have who thinks that 2D Sonic = Fun and Amazing and 3D Sonic = Bad and Disappointing. They act like there is no such thing as a mediocre 2D game and even the most mediocre 2D game will still get praise and better ratings then a 3D game.

They act like there is no such thing as a mediocre 2D game and even the most mediocre 2D game will still get praise and better ratings then a 3D game.

Generations 3D gets better reviews than Generations HD.

Calling it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Calling it.

Calling it.

I've called it a long time ago. :P But yeah, I wouldn't be surpise if the 3DS version gets better ratings then the console versions.

Yay, my 1000th post. :D

Edited by sonfan1984

Off-topic but why is Zelda in the RPG section goddamn. 8I

I voted for Sonic 4 anyway coz I'm a fanboy and it was fun so whateveeer.