Awoo.

How did Sonic and friends get to Earth?

sideswipe312

Sonic X and Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog comics take place within entirely different universes, so they're a moot point in regards to the games.

But even Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog is set on Earth - just a future Earth under a new name. Sonic's world has been intended to be (a version of) Earth in almost every iteration... which is why Sonic X is really bemusing given that it's so close to the games in many respects, more-so than most of the other canons.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah, well. Shadow, Omochao, that's the same thing. Both are hated as hell

And I still see versions of Earth where things happen(ed) differently as other planets.

If they always took place on Earth, the classics took place on a remote set of islands

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic always lived on Earth.

The Sega Sonic canon takes place on Earth.

The Archie Sonic canon takes place on Earth in the future. It's just called Mobius.

If we had gotten a third season of Satam we would have learned that Mobius is a future Earth.

I personally think Sonic's been in Earth all along. Just that he and his friends' journeys (until Sonic Adventure, anyway. :P) were taking place in locations outside of civilization.

They were always on earth in the games. But one thing that always puzzled me about sonic x was Eggman. Why? Because when the Sa2 episode rolled around, it was clearly stated that Gerald and Maria were on Earth (or in the case of the ark, within Earths range). So here's my question, if Eggmans Relatives lived on earth then what the hell was he doing in sonics world?

• Thumbs Up 1

They were always on earth in the games. But one thing that always puzzled me about sonic x was Eggman. Why? Because when the Sa2 episode rolled around, it was clearly stated that Gerald and Maria were on Earth (or in the case of the ark, within Earths range). So here's my question, if Eggmans Relatives lived on earth then what the hell was he doing in sonics world?

Eggman remarks on this and realises that Earth must have been the planet he was born on - but I can't remember if they ever expand further upon that.

Eggman remarks on this and realises that Earth must have been the planet he was born on - but I can't remember if they ever expand further upon that.

In the Sonic X comics (Which are admittedly a separate canon from the show), Decoe implies that Professor Gerald sent Eggman to Sonic's world as a young child. How he did this is not expanded upon. It also opens up the question of where X comic's Eggman grew up and who he was raised by. Interesting questions to say the least!

Edited by Dr. Mechano
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well thanks for the info guys. I realized that they were always on Earth, but the pre-Adventure games made it not seem like it since there weren't humans.

Well thanks for the info guys. I realized that they were always on Earth, but the pre-Adventure games made it not seem like it since there weren't humans.

• Thumbs Up 1

In Sonic X it was an "alternate Earth" too. It was originally one planet, which was then "split" somehow so that the one planet existed in two different dimensions yet still existing in the same spot in space-time. One version of the planet turned into our Earth and the other turned into Sonic's world.

The entire finale to the first series revolved around the two planets merging back together into one again, and how they needed to stop it to prevent time from stopping.

iv egot confused about this too so sonic lived on planet mobius then he lived in animal planet then he lived in earth weird

iv egot confused about this too so sonic lived on planet mobius then he lived in animal planet then he lived in earth weird

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, I always had a theory that the animals in Sonic's Earth also underwent a massive evolution, but they started to become more sapient and sentient due to the exposure to humans. Those who were eaten for meat, however, weren't to evolve like that and they evolved to become just endless food supplies for human beings in Sonic's time: it wasn't propagated by some sort of nuclear war either. To me, it just occured naturally.

[Nevermind, my point was kind of moot)

Edited by Dr. Mechano
  • Thumbs Up 1

They aren't on Earth.... They are on "Sonic's planet"

Yes they are. It's Earth. Just an alternate Earth.

Look at the damn video.

Starting from 0:38, the The planet is referred to as the "Earth" multiple times by both Rouge and G.Robotnik.

Edited by Neon
  • Thumbs Up 1

They aren't on Earth.... They are on "Sonic's planet"

Yeah, the many times it's been stated as Earth in SA2 compared to the one time it was referred as "Sonic's world" in Colors (which by the way doesn't have the same writers as SA2.)

EDIT: That scene in Colors where it is referred to as "Sonic's world" kinda irked me when I first saw it. Is this the writers's way of trying to compromise the whole Mobius/Earth thing so it would be less controversial?

I thought it was unescessary.

Edited by DarkLightDragon
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, the many times it's been stated as Earth in SA2 compared to the one time it was referred as "Sonic's world" in Colors (which by the way doesn't have the same writers as SA2.)

EDIT: That scene in Colors where it is referred to as "Sonic's world" kinda irked me when I first saw it. Is this the writers's way of trying to compromise the whole Mobius/Earth thing so it would be less controversial?

I thought it was unescessary.

I think it was just the writers trying to over-simplify the script for some strange reason. I'm pretty sure they're aware that Sonic lives on Earth. Either that, or they've made a serious mistake. Another reason i'm not fond of them.

Edited by Neon
  • Thumbs Up 1

SSS_SONIC65.png

Even in Japan, there were always humans in Sonic's world. Add to that the references to Christmas Island and South Island, and it can be extrapolated that the games, the classic ones at least, happen in an alternate Earth much like our own but stranger.

This notion starts to break with Shadow the Hedgehog, when we get to see a world map in the GUN Headquarters; and gets annihilated by Unleashed, ironically the game both closest to Earth and furthest away.

Edited by batson

The planet was also referred to as "Sonic's world" in Sonic Chronicles. My guess is that this is what the planet is going to be referred to from now on (even if it sounds really dumb...).

Sonic Chronicles isn't canon. tongue.gif

Here's another video. Chip refers to the planet as the "Earth".