Awoo.

How did Sonic and friends get to Earth?

sideswipe312

what's the difference between Mobius and (Sonic's) Earth.

Nothing! It's just it's never been called that in the Game Canon, so we can officially call it Earth.

...But you can keep calling it Mobius at your leisure.

Mobius is Earth, Earth is Mobius. Call the planet whatever you want, It's the same thing.

what's the difference between Mobius and (Sonic's) Earth.

What's the difference between calling our own planet Earth or calling it Whalewack? After all, it's just a name. What's the difference between calling an apple an "apple" or calling it a "balooja"?

Edited by Unknownlight
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mobius and its backstory only exist in the Archie canon.

Earth and its backstory only exist in the Game canon.

Mobius only exists in Archie. The games have always took place on Earth. It's not that hard to take in.

I'm just saying that They are the same planet, Just different name. Mobius is Earth. Earth is Mobius. Whatever you call it, It's the same fictional world where Blue Hedgehogs run at the speed of sound.

I wonder if you even know what is meant by "world" and "universe". They refer to each individual work of fiction, not the world Sonic lives on. In the Archie universe, Mobius is Earth. In the game universe, there's no such thing as Mobius.

I'm just saying that They are the same planet, Just different name. Mobius is Earth. Earth is Mobius. Whatever you call it, It's the same fictional world where Blue Hedgehogs run at the speed of sound.

You're missing the point. Archies explanation of what Sonics world is isn't right. It's no more correct than fleetways explanation, AOSTH's, SatAM's or even Sonic Underground.

Fleetways Mobius certainly isn't Earth, tons of storylines that they came up with (which were authroised by sega) completely discredit that theory. Heck in one storyline the a general from the United Kingdom decides to invade mobius! And one odd storyline has Sonic running around trafalgar square before visiting the then Prime Minister Tony Blair!

Each universe has it's own rules regarding "what planet are they on" and theres been no firm "This is what happened" story from Sega. The American storyline is wrong as we all now know so we can't really go by the Kintobor theory of evolution, the archie 'Kill the king robotnik' explanation either.

Sonic Team Japan isn't really that interested in explaining the story of Sonic's world.

The closest thing we have to any form of explanation, and even then it's a piss poor one, is Sonic X, which tried to explain Sonic's initial set of dialogue in Sonic Adventure 1, but even then it doesn't really work as Amy appears to have been living on that world for years and Tails certainly didn't just arrive there.

Mobius is earth far in the future after this alien invasion that warped animals into Mobians, and half of Humanity became "overlanders".

Sonic Adventure, Sonic Battle, Sonic Chronicles and to a point Sonic Adventure 2 and Shadows game disprove this completely. Yay for the ancient echidna tribe and black dooms blood.

• Thumbs Up 2

In the COmic's they just call it Mobius. In the Games they don't.

facepalm.jpg?1248715065

That's because Mobius doesn't exist in the game universe!

• Thumbs Up 1

Fine, Fine, whatever.

Please don't keep up the attitude. You're factually wrong, you're just going to get more and more people annoyed and angry at you if you keep on doing this. laugh.gif

*tin foil hat ON* Unless that's the plan...

Edited by Unknownlight

Sonic and his friends aren't even on earth. This whole thing has been a false reality that resides within Big the cat's mind after he continuously started huffing heroic doses of furniture polish.

• Thumbs Up 3

Please don't keep up the attitude. You're factually wrong, you're just going to get more and more people annoyed and angry at you if you keep on doing this. laugh.gif

*tin foil hat ON* Unless that's the plan...

What plan?

facepalm.jpg?1248715065

Mobius did exist, it was first made in 1991 by SEGA of America for Sonic's Planet.

Mobius did exist, it was first made in 1991 by SEGA of America for Sonic's Planet.

It didn't exist in the game universe.

It only existed in spinoffs which have nothing to do with the games.

It didn't exist in the game universe.

It only existed in spinoffs which have nothing to do with the games.

These two statements are no more valid than the ones claiming that the games definitively did take place on Mobius.

Edited by Tornado

I'm not sure I understand what they mean By Mobius doesnt exist.

It's just a name.

There is no planet called "Mobius" in the games. The planet Sonic lives on is Earth.

Saying that Mobius exists in the games is like saying the third planet in our solar system is Garfunkel.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm not sure I understand what they mean By Mobius doesnt exist.

It's just a name.

No it's not just a name. It's a location and to some degree an identity for tons of characters. For instance, you say "The planet mobius" people think "Oh Sonic's planet."

Well... no... .. thats not how it works out in reality.

Mobius has nothing to do with the games, it never existed in the games, it only exists in spinoff media.

Even then, it's identity is tied to that specific media.

For example. If I start talking about mobius as being under a strict dictatorship in which all fun and freedom is outlawed...

Am I talking about fleetway? Archie? SatAM? Sonic Underground?

But if I then say "mobius was under a strict dictatorship in which all fun and freedom is outlawed... but now the tyrant has been overthrown, however he still has some supporters who try to bring him back"

Am I now talking about fleetway or Archie?

Obviously I'm not talking about Sonic Underground, and I can't be talking about SatAM.

... But at no point can you say "Mobius" and think videogames, because the two are entirely seperate. In the game universe, Mobius does not exist.

These two statements are no more valid than the ones claiming that the games definitively did take place on Mobius.

Except ours are backed up by Yuji Naka saying that they didn't take place on Mobius.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mobius has nothing to do with the games, it never existed in the games, it only exists in spinoff media.

And again, this is an assumption.

Except ours are backed up by Yuji Naka saying that they didn't take place on Mobius.

You mean the Yuji Naka who's opinions are irrelevant when it comes to the SoA canon?

Edited by Tornado

And again, this is an assumption.

So Yuji Naka saying that he had no idea about what Sega America was doing and that had he found out about the alternative storyline he would have been angry as this wasn't the intention?

Somehow I don't think the 'oh yes it's on mobius' is going to win this one thanks to that interview at SOS.

• Thumbs Up 1

So Yuji Naka saying that he had no idea about what Sega America was doing and that had he found out about the alternative storyline he would have been angry as this wasn't the intention?

And that matters how? That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, nor does it mean that it wasn't just as valid as the SoJ storyline at the time.

Edited by Tornado

Edited by Ishtar
  • Thumbs Up 1