Awoo.

If you could change one thing of all Sonic games.

thedarkknight

I would make Shadow a villain with Eggman, I hated how Sonic Team made Shadow a good guy. So lame...

Edited by thedarkknight

I'd have had Shadow stay dead at the end of Sonic Adventure 2. It's not like he's really added much to the series since, and it's pretty obvious he was originally meant to stay dead anyway. He only got brought back because he was popular and profitable. It's not like he's really contributed much to the series since then, anyway.

Still, more specifically, I'd want the whole Black Arms concept changed. It still bugs the crap out of me that they retconned Shadow to have descended from aliens.

• Thumbs Up 9

Erase Shadow the Hedgehog (the game) from the Series Canon.

Fuck Black Doom. He is the single worst character to ever arise from the franchise ever. I hate his involvement in Shadow's creation, it ruined a perfectly good backstory. I don't care how Gerald made Shadow, all I needed to know was that he did, and that it would take a genius to be able to do so.

I can't tell you how much I despise Black Doom and his "You were created from my blood" bullshit.

Oh, god, this. This so much.

Agree with the "Shadow staying dead" thing, it would've enhanced his character had he permanently died, fighting for Maria's plea and having realized the meaning of his existence and would have sustained the memorability of that ending. Instead, he got resurrected purely because of his fanboys and that directly contributed to a stain on the series as well as to a stain on himself, namely the game, Shadow the Hedgehog as well as continuing a clone, "Anything Sonic can do I can do better" style of gameplay through further games that is samey.

Edited by Verte
  • Thumbs Up 1

The way Tails is used in the games.

Make him actually playable, and give him some development again.

Either that or yeah have Shadow stay dead. Actually would get rid of all of the worst games in the series, seeing as he's pretty much been the spine of all of them.

I wouldn't want Shadow gone forever, as he has potential to make a great dead-pan-snarker, which could work with the new direction the franchise is taking.

Either that or yeah have Shadow stay dead. Actually would get rid of all of the worst games in the series, seeing as he's pretty much been the spine of all of them.

All one of them.

Him staying dead would only really erase Shadow the game. Every other game would have been more or less the same, just without Shadow (and his crew)

Edited by Scar

The way Tails is used in the games.

Make him actually playable, and give him some development again.

Not really. He wasn't present in Sonic Unleashed. It was Sonic Team's fault, they made the crappy games.

Edited by thedarkknight

I wouldn't want Shadow gone forever, as he has potential to make a great dead-pan-snarker, which could work with the new direction the franchise is taking.

Rouge took that position extraordinarily well in Chronicles. Arguably the only decent thing to come out of the writers of that game. If Rouge was more of a deadpan snarker outside of Chronicles, turning Shadow into one as well would probably give rise to a pair of smarmy unlikeable characters in all their co-snarkiness.

Make it very clear that Archie Sonic =/= SEGA Sonic.

Also, Shadow should've stayed dead until Sonic '06 (for instance). I don't mind his backstory getting more complicated for no reason, though.

Not really. He wasn't present in Sonic Unleashed.

Sonic Unleashed wasn't the worst game in the series. It's actually one of the better ones. Literally from a objective viewpoint it's way better built and way less glitchy than the two below.

ShTH and '06 were the worst, by far, and Shadow was really almost the only reason '06 existed.

Heroes also sort of to a point but I kinda like Heroes so I don't count it.

So yeah actually you can pretty much blame Shadow for some of the worst games.

It's science.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Unleashed wasn't the worst game in the series. It's actually one of the better ones. Literally from a objective viewpoint it's way better built and way less glitchy than the two below.

ShTH and '06 were the worst, by far, and Shadow was really almost the only reason '06 existed.

Heroes also sort of to a point but I kinda like Heroes so I don't count it.

So yeah actually you can pretty much blame Shadow for some of the worst games.

It's science.

Sonic Unleashed still had average Metacritic scores. Sonic Adventure 2 had a Metacritic score of 89 on the Dreamcast.

Sonic Unleashed still had average Metacritic scores. Sonic Adventure 2 had a Metacritic score of 89 on the Dreamcast.

Well that's cool.

I mean it's literally nothing relative to the topic and still better scores than '06 and general opinion says better than ShTH also

but that's cool to know i guess.

Regardless of opinions on Unleashed, you can't deny that it was the beginning of the series clawing its way back up from the gutter after Shadow and Sonic 06 both tanked critically and commercially (well, Shadow sold okay, but still).

Colours generally got good reviews all around, though.

We're not.

He is literally an issue. As I said like two games would more than likely have either never existed or turned out BETTER if he hadn't come back.

In SA2, he was great. He was. He was a good character who did his shit pretty well, and his death wasn't just to git rid of him, it was also closure to his whole story.

They brought him back, and now that's not there any more. He's go no closure and when they tried to do it again it didn't work and was horrible.

It's not that we're all hating on Shadow to be jerks, it would literally be best for everything if he'd stayed dead.

• Thumbs Up 3

We're not.

He is literally an issue. As I said like two games would more than likely have either never existed or turned out BETTER if he hadn't come back.

In SA2, he was great. He was. He was a good character who did his shit pretty well, and his death wasn't just to git rid of him, it was also closure to his whole story.

They brought him back, and now that's not there any more. He's go no closure and when they tried to do it again it didn't work and was horrible.

It's not that we're all hating on Shadow to be jerks, it would literally be best for everything if he'd stayed dead.

No.

Shadow may have declined as a character, but the only game we can blame on the character is Shadow the Game.

Sonic 06 didn't exist because of Shadow, it was supposed to be the big 15th anniversary bash, that was underdeveloped. Even if Shadow didn't exist, it wouldn't have done much to make the game better, because it still would have been unfinished and horribly programmed. Sonic Heroes didn't need Shadow or Team Dark at all, so you can't blame that on him either.

I would change Unleashed by removing the Werehog. No other character was needed for that game, the story was perfectly good as it was.

No.

Shadow may have declined as a character, but the only game we can blame on the character is Shadow the Game.

Sonic 06 didn't exist because of Shadow, it was supposed to be the big 15th anniversary bash, that was underdeveloped. Even if Shadow didn't exist, it wouldn't have done much to make the game better, because it still would have been unfinished and horribly programmed. Sonic Heroes didn't need Shadow or Team Dark at all, so you can't blame that on him either.

Fix Sonic the Hedgehog 2006. Really, this game didn't have to be such a tragedy. I have millions of complaints with the game, but the glitches the Loading screens the amigos and the ball in the hole puzzle with silver were what broke this game for me. If they just fixed those things, I'd have my Sonic Adventure 3.

Actually, if you ever notice, without Shadow half of '06 would need to be completely rewritten.

And like I said Heroes is a kinda thing. Nobody except Sonic was really important so I dunno how it would turn out.

Shadow the Hedgehog (Or what would have replaced it) and 06 would've been terrible with or without Shadow. Blaming their quality on him is silly.

What I would change:

Kill Silver.

Now that that loser's dead, make Espio playable in M&S.

ph34r.gif

I would change Unleashed by removing the Werehog. No other character was needed for that game, the story was perfectly good as it was.

Edited by Marcellof
  • Thumbs Up 1

Can I change the fans? *ba-dum-tish*

If not, replace Shadow with Mighty. Because this thread awards me the power to, apparently.

Edited by Mr. Needlemark