Awoo.

If you could change one thing of all Sonic games.

thedarkknight

Also agree with the Shadow staing dead argument, he hasn't reall added anything worthwhile to the series after that.

Neither has anyone else if you're going by this argument, so does that mean we should kill off everyone else too?

• Thumbs Up 3

Okay, if I haven't seen this in this entire forum then all you guys should be fired.

You know what the Sonic games need? Animal NPC's. Not just the goddamn animal friends, but animals that are actually anthro like the loads of characters.

I agree with this too :V

I used to think, in the Genesis games at least, that the small animals did serve as a pretty good representation of the number of animal citizens of the Sonic world; due to the ambiguity of the games, I was pretty sure Sonic and co. were only bigger than them for gameplay purposes - Sonic, Tails and Knuckles were big important characters that needed to be easily visible on the screen, whereas the small animals were smaller because they simply weren't important, they were throwaway critters escaping from machines that didn't need to have a very big screen presence. It was a visual exaggeration in my eyes, as all other forms of media had rabbits and squirrels and such being just as large as Sonic and Tails.

But then Sonic Adventure came along; all of the anthro cast got even bigger, and all of the animals got even smaller, to the point of elephants being no bigger than Flickies and other such ridiculous phenomena.

In fact, that's what I'd do if I was to reboot the series. Bring back the plot element of Eggman trapping animals in machines, but redistribute character sizes so that Sonic and friends are all the size of the animal friends, shrinking the main cast down slightly and adding a bit of size to the critters. After all, how much bigger than a Flicky should a Hedgehog be? Then they could populate little grassy GHZ-esque towns with Flickies, Rickies and so on. It'd be ace.

Not that I endorse a reboot in any way - they've got a pretty good flow going on right now, so no reason to abandon it.

Neither has anyone else if you're going by this argument, so does that mean we should kill off everyone else too?

Hang on did i miss something? I just feel it sort of ruined the significance of the ending of SA2 once they brought him back, and while some liked the whole amnesia/GUN storys they gave him after, it just really didn't seem that nessesary imo. And no, I don't really think killing anyone off is a good idea, if it seems I'd have Shadow killed off now if I could I wouldn't do, hes a popular member of the cast, I was just answering in how I thought the topic was asking, because back then I personnally think it would have been a better move.

Hang on did i miss something? I just feel it sort of ruined the significance of the ending of SA2 once they brought him back, and while some liked the whole amnesia/GUN storys they gave him after, it just really didn't seem that nessesary imo. And no, I don't really think killing anyone off is a good idea, if it seems I'd have Shadow killed off now if I could I wouldn't do, hes a popular member of the cast, I was just answering in how I thought the topic was asking, because back then I personnally think it would have been a better move.

But popular character come back all the time, it was handled poorly but that doesn't mean it shouldn't have happened.

Now while I think keeping Shadow dead wouldn't really solve anything, because we still would've got Heroes, and 06 would've focused probably on Silver, both games would still suck.

I would however make Shadow's return MUCH later, to give it more impact. Him dying then coming back one game later felt really anti-climatic, if they maybe waited a game or two it would've been not only more believable, but leave much more of an impact.

Ok not that I have a problem with your idea, but how and why Shadow & Silver would become villains? Hell unlike Shadow, Silver was never a villain to begin with, so why would he suddenly go to the dark side, I like details please.

Well. Noone said this can be possible change :b

But if I would make backstory I would cancel Heroes-Shadow and begin from Rush. (note Shadow was dead) Now Eggman Nega go to Eggman and says that he can recreate Shadow. He brang Silver with him he would be some kind of rival to Blaze) Shadow will be recreated, noone will belive. They would make new Death Egg. Sonic got help from Blaze and fight Shadow and Silver in Space (both ARK and Death Egg that was transported from Rush dimension) Then epic fight etc.

In the end Shadow will live and escape with Silver and EGGMAN because NEGA will die. Well everything else is explained in my first post.

It could be a what if Spin-off game. :)

Change one thing huh? That's a toughie.

I'd either have Shadow stay dead, or remove rid of all of the giant God monsters from the games (excluding Chaos of course).

I'd make Sonic's personality and characterisation consistant throughout the series. I'd want him to keep hold of the personality and characterisation that are in the storybook games. It's great.

It's too inconsistant at the moment. One game we get Sonic talking about the morales of life, the next, we get Sonic making jokes about underpants. One game we get Sonic being as dull as a cucumber - Sonic '06, the next, we get Sonic never shutting up - Sonic Colours.

I'd also keep the SOAP shoes.

sonicparty.png

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd give Sonic his personality from Zero Gravity. I liked dat.

I wouldn't have brought back Shadow so soon in Heroes RIGHT AFTER he passed out in spaced.

I'd put Knuckles back in all the games. He's part of the Sonic Team.

I'd have continued the Heroes series since it was praised and could've done with a few tweaks.

ID ALSO STOP MAKIN EVERYONE AS FAST AS SONIC. He's supposed to be the fastest thing alive, and he's not. Almost everybody in the series is able to run at his same speed.

I'd have told Microsoft who's boss and finished 06.

And... I'd also put Silver in all the games that shadow is in. The whole Team Hedgehog needs to be there whenever 2 of them are already there.

Edit. And like the guy above me said, I'd give him his Soap Shoes back.

Edited by MetalSilver
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'd make Sonic's personality and characterisation consistant throughout the series. I'd want him to keep hold of the personality and characterisation that are in the storybook games. It's great.

It's too inconsistant at the moment. One game we get Sonic talking about the morales of life, the next, we get Sonic making jokes about underpants. One game we get Sonic being as dull as a cucumber - Sonic '06, the next, we get Sonic never shutting up - Sonic Colours.

I'd also keep the SOAP shoes.

sonicparty.png

Ya know in Colors its really just an exagerration of the storybook series, just saiyan.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd give Sonic his personality from Zero Gravity. I liked dat.

I wouldn't have brought back Shadow so soon in Heroes RIGHT AFTER he passed out in spaced.

I'd put Knuckles back in all the games. He's part of the Sonic Team.

I'd have continued the Heroes series since it was praised and could've done with a few tweaks.

ID ALSO STOP MAKIN EVERYONE AS FAST AS SONIC. He's supposed to be the fastest thing alive, and he's not. Almost everybody in the series is able to run at his same speed.

I'd have told Microsoft who's boss and finished 06.

And... I'd also put Silver in all the games that shadow is in. The whole Team Hedgehog needs to be there whenever 2 of them are already there.

Edit. And like the guy above me said, I'd give him his Soap Shoes back.

All this! SO MUCH THIS! Words cant describe how much I agree with you. I think Shadow should return in 06. And this last and edit sentence... SO MUCH THIS!!!

I'd make the visuals, the music, sound effects, and gameplay of chronicles a lot better.

I would have built upon Sonics stages in Sonic Adventure 1, rather than go for the race tracks with generic stage elements of latter 3d titles. Work on crafting bigger worlds with less automation. 3D sonic should be much farther along than it is.

I know im cheating, but I would never have made Sonic 4 without the original team. It was doomed to fail.

I would have built upon Sonics stages in Sonic Adventure 1, rather than go for the race tracks with generic stage elements of latter 3d titles. Work on crafting bigger worlds with less automation. 3D sonic should be much farther along than it is.

I know im cheating, but I would never have made Sonic 4 without the original team. It was doomed to fail.

City Esacpe, City Escape, City Escape.

I would've made Shadow come back as a ghost, i think it would've been a slightly better concept in comparison to an Eggybot catching him whilst reentering the atmosphere. Plus it could give him some gameplay that would separate from Sonic's, like entering and controlling enemies or phasing through obstacles

What I've learned today is that if I ever put myself in a position where it looks like I've given my life for someone else, I sure as hell better sneak off to the mountains and live as a hermit forever, otherwise the very act of my bravery, the actual choice I made, will be marginalized to the point of inciting hatred and blame simply because my brain didn't shut down long enough.

Ironically, how Shadow was handled is one of my choices. I wouldn't have killed off the guy forever though, but stave off his resurrection for a couple of games and completely do away with the amnesia, android, and Black Arms bull when he came back. Merely have him resume his role as a protector of Earth without adding excessive mystery and keep in mind his manipulativeness, sarcasm, penchant for destruction when writing his character. Then he would be fun.

Also, as much as I love the Werehog, I need to ask why he doesn't move similarly to how he did in the Egg Dragoon cut scene. A faster, more nimble Werehog would've been much better.

• Thumbs Up 2

You know, after reading through this topic, I'm certain about the one thing I'd change:

Make Shadow's death more ambiguous.

I already pointed out in another topic how we could've avoided all of this if the end of SA2 didn't leave out any hints and nods suggesting Shadow could've survived.

You know, after reading through this topic, I'm certain about the one thing I'd change:

Make Shadow's death more ambiguous.

I already pointed out in another topic how we could've avoided all of this if the end of SA2 didn't leave out any hints and nods suggesting Shadow could've survived.

To be fair, he looked more like he warped than fell to the earth, that's what it looked like to me at least.

Kept the personalities and overall vibe from SA2 since it appealed to a wider age group. Id make most of the series feel like SA2 since it had allot of things that I liked it.....

Had Sonic being cool.

Had Shadow being serious but not angsty.

Had Knuckles tough yet not retarded.

Had Eggman evil and smart and not too goofy.

Had Tails being cool as well and gave him some spotlight.

Had its serious moments without being corny.

Kept the corny moments to a minimum.

Had Super forms even though I could do with Super Sonic and Super Shadow playable in normal levels somehow.

Had a good multiplayer mode Sonic and other speed characters wise. I wasnt a fan of other modes though.

Edited by Shade ?
  • Thumbs Up 1

Kept the personalities and overall vibe from SA2 since it appealed to a wider age group. Id make most of the series feel like SA2 since it had allot of things that I liked it.....

Had Sonic being cool.

Had Shadow being serious but not angsty.

Had Knuckles tough yet not retarded.

Had Eggman evil and smart and not too goofy.

Had Tails being cool as well and gave him some spotlight.

Had its serious moments without being corny.

Kept the corny moments to a minimum.

Had Super forms even though I could do with Super Sonic and Super Shadow playable in normal levels somehow.

Had a good multiplayer mode Sonic and other speed characters wise. I wasnt a fan of other modes though.

I would say Knuckles being clever, tough, but still gullible and Eggman being sometimes serious, evil, but goofy.

Edited by Ishtar
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ya know in Colors its really just an exagerration of the storybook series, just saiyan.

That's why i don't like it. It's over-exaggerated to the point where he becomes a self-admiring jerk who never shuts up. The bad jokes didn't help either. Storybook Sonic just trounces everything and captures Sonic's personality perfectly.

Edited by Neon
  • Thumbs Up 1

I would say Knuckles being clever, tough, but still gullible and Eggman being sometimes serious, evil, but goofy.

To be fair, this is how Eggman has been acting like since Unleashed. XD

The existence of Shadow doesn't make Shadow the Hedgehog any better or worse.

Therefore, if there's something I'd like to change about Sonic games is simply, delete Shadow the Hedgehog forever, and have a game that isn't that... thing of a game. xD

And with that, I mean a Shadow game that actually has a good plot, and isn't filled with dark grittiness that just makes me want to hurl. The story can be a little dark. Not dramatic, epic dramaaaaaaaa, but a little darker, more so than Unleashed. But by a pinch. I'd like it if the story was conveyed somewhere along Shadow's characterization in Free Riders. That was awesome characterization. Some solid gameplay would have been nice, too. Hell, something along the lines of what Colors was, with gimmicks that involve his special powers that involve using the energy of the Chaos Emeralds; it'd be designed in a way that doesn't interrupt the gameplay, and the powers aren't really all that accessible and gamebreaking. And if you had to include multiplayer, it just has to be better than ShtH. Seriously, that was baaaaaaaaad.

Shadow is a character that was created for the sake of dark grittiness, so it's pretty hard to make a game that's the opposite of that...

I can't believe i forgot to add this. Voice actors.

If i had the choice. I would've kept Jason and most of the cast in. I'm not keen on Roger's voice, it just doesn't sound...right. I find it really annoying that as soon as Jason was able to perfect Sonic with Unleashed and Black Knight, he and the rest of the cast were replaced. I honestly dislike a lot new cast at the moment.

Sonic - Too deep. Doesn't have the Sonic charm.

Eggy - Perfect Eggman.

Tails - Perfect. Tails sounds like a male this time.

Knuckles - Sounds like Dan. Good.

Amy - Sounds like a drag queen. Seriously. It's awful.

Cream - Annoying. No change here.

Shadow - Sounds like a snake. Slurs his words way too much.

Rouge - Actually sounds much better.

Omega - Sounds like his old VA.

Blaze - Fine

Silver - Fine

Vector - Sounds too groggily.

Omochao - Is omochao a female now?

I i'll probably get used to the new VA's soon. I hope.

Edited by Neon

That's why i don't like it. It's over-exaggerated to the point where he becomes a self-admiring jerk who never shuts up. The bad jokes didn't help either. Storybook Sonic just trounces everything and captures Sonic's personality perfectly.

While I do agree the storybook series did it better.

I do appreciate that they tried to return Sonic to his days as the mascot with attitude, yeah sure he never shuts up, but that was his charm in the 90's. And its not like there were a lot of people for him to talk to in Colors; Tails and Eggman are barely in any cutscenes, and I know you didn't want to go through the game with silent Sonic?

I know people have a major problem with Sonic in Colors, but really people don't look at the big picture, because he does have positive traits, and isn't some self-important jerk, do self important people give praise to someone else when they do a good job? Do they willingly sacrifice themselves for the sake of another and almost die in the process? His entire relationship with Tails in this game shows just how much Sonic hasn't really changed as much as people are making.

Hell even if he is self important can you really blame him, there wasn't much at stake in Colors at least compared to normal circumstances. It was just another beat Eggman, go home job. There was no giant monsters, the world wasn't really threatened as much as it normally was.

I can't believe i forgot to add this. Voice actors.

If i had the choice. I would've kept Jason and most of the cast in. I'm not keen on Roger's voice, it just doesn't sound...right. I find it really annoying that as soon as Jason was able to perfect Sonic with Unleashed and Black Knight, he and the rest of the cast were replaced. I honestly dislike a lot new cast at the moment.

Sonic - Too deep. Doesn't have the Sonic charm.

Eggy - Perfect Eggman.

Tails - Perfect. Tails sounds like a male this time.

Knuckles - Sounds like Dan. Good.

Amy - Sounds like a drag queen. Seriously. It's awful.

Cream - Annoying. No change here.

Shadow - Sounds like a snake. Slurs his words way too much.

Rouge - Actually sounds much better.

Omega - Sounds like his old VA.

Blaze - Fine

Silver - Fine

Vector - Sounds too groggily.

Omochao - Is omochao a female now?

I i'll probably get used to the new VA's soon. I hope.

I remember everyone saying the same thing about 4Kids when they first came onto the scene, and 5 years later people are drawing up petitions for THEM to come back...trust me you'll get used to it.

• Thumbs Up 2